Malazan Empire: Expected Downtime - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Expected Downtime Early Warning

#1 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 07 April 2023 - 08:50 AM

Hi all,

Just a bit of advance warning, the site may be down for a couple of hours in the near future (schedule is not yet firm, will update once an exact date is known).

Xae is out of the web hosting business, so we're migrating the server from its current residence. There shouldn't be any major issues, we are replacing like-for-like, but the forum will be unavailable during the transfer (or, if I forget to turn it off before we move again, there might be a couple of hours' of missing posts like happened last time >.> but nothing worse than that).

Letting you all know now so that hopefully people have time to see this announcement and therefore aren't caught unawares if visiting the site during the move. As we don't currently have a backup forum for those cold, lonely moments when the regular forum is unavailable, we will endeavor to keep the downtime short, and I'm sure the Facebook and/or Reddit will be available for a quick fix in the interim. :)

Otherwise hope you all enjoy your weekend (doubly so if you are getting an extra-long one for Easter), and will post again once the move is complete.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#2 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 April 2023 - 11:13 AM

Cheers for the heads up.

Bummed that Xae won't be around. :(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 April 2023 - 12:14 PM

Thank you, Silencer and Xae. It's been smooth as heck. If there's costs you'd like help with, let me know.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#4 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 12 August 2023 - 07:36 AM

Update: Migration completed.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users