• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#29401 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 January 2023 - 02:43 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 January 2023 - 02:32 PM, said:

My poor son had a fall at indoor soccer (on his face) as his legs got tangled up under him. I leapt up and ran to him as fast as I could and comforted him, but I knew it would be bad. Lots of blood, and upon inspection his front tooth was bent back. Took him to the emergency dentist and they did X-rays. Tooth was snapped/broken so they had to remove it. Root is still there, and it's a baby tooth so the adult tooth SHOULD eventually push that out and slot into place....but still, the poor lad was traumatized by the whole thing.

We took him to get a toy as he was super brave at the dentist, and he had some ice cream and other treats at home to help him feel better. Tooth Fairy visited him, so that's a silver lining he liked.

Poor mite, I hope he's okay.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#29402 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 January 2023 - 02:56 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 23 January 2023 - 02:43 PM, said:

My poor son had a fall at indoor soccer (on his face) as his legs got tangled up under him. I leapt up and ran to him as fast as I could and comforted him, but I knew it would be bad. Lots of blood, and upon inspection his front tooth was bent back. Took him to the emergency dentist and they did X-rays. Tooth was snapped/broken so they had to remove it. Root is still there, and it's a baby tooth so the adult tooth SHOULD eventually push that out and slot into place....but still, the poor lad was traumatized by the whole thing.

We took him to get a toy as he was super brave at the dentist, and he had some ice cream and other treats at home to help him feel better. Tooth Fairy visited him, so that's a silver lining he liked.

Thanks. Yeah, he's a little trooper. Took the freezing needle with little to no fuss, and after an initial bout of crying from the injury itself, after that he was only crying about possibly losing his tooth...we reassured him that he had another permanent tooth to come in yet and not to worry....fun fact, you can SEE the adult teeth above the baby teeth in an X-ray at that age. It's macabre.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#29403 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 January 2023 - 03:53 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 January 2023 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 23 January 2023 - 02:43 PM, said:

Thanks. Yeah, he's a little trooper. Took the freezing needle with little to no fuss, and after an initial bout of crying from the injury itself, after that he was only crying about possibly losing his tooth...we reassured him that he had another permanent tooth to come in yet and not to worry....fun fact, you can SEE the adult teeth above the baby teeth in an X-ray at that age. It's macabre.

Ouch!
Glad he's ok.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29404 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 January 2023 - 12:28 PM

My fucking double pedal died. Two pieces of drum gear that I can't afford to replace in the space of a week... The pedal might have a fix if I can find the part and then disassembly instructions but it's a huge hassle, especially when Aubzagl and Balgurra have gigs near the end of February.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#29405 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 January 2023 - 04:47 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 25 January 2023 - 12:28 PM, said:

My fucking double pedal died. Two pieces of drum gear that I can't afford to replace in the space of a week... The pedal might have a fix if I can find the part and then disassembly instructions but it's a huge hassle, especially when Aubzagl and Balgurra have gigs near the end of February.

Nothing wrong with some good old bin lids. I bet Tomas Haake or Gene Hoglan could make it work.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#29406 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 26 January 2023 - 08:48 AM

View PostGorefest, on 25 January 2023 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 25 January 2023 - 12:28 PM, said:

Nothing wrong with some good old bin lids. I bet Tomas Haake or Gene Hoglan could make it work.

I do have some fixes for the pedal to try out at least, but whether it works remains to be seen.

Also given your username I'm sorta disappointed you didn't namedrop Warby! :p

#29407 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 26 January 2023 - 12:42 PM

More of a making me happy thing but I managed to fix the pedal, it was a buggering Allen bolt causing the problem! Got a key for it and tightened her up to the point she's tighter than Rishi Sunak when it comes to spending on the North.

#29408 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 26 January 2023 - 06:23 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 26 January 2023 - 08:48 AM, said:

Also given your username I'm sorta disappointed you didn't namedrop Warby! :p

It's a fair cop. I didn't want to go too obscure :)
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#29409 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 08 February 2023 - 12:36 AM

Fell into my old bad habit of procrastinating until a few days before something is 'due' and then obsessively focusing almost all of my time on it (except for listening to audiobooks). While the project turned out pretty well, it's thrown off my coursework and my Seaboard practice. Time to get back to that now....

#29410 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 February 2023 - 10:33 PM

The earthquake in Syria and Turkey. 26000 dead and still counting.

That part of the world really gets fucked over a lot.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29411 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 February 2023 - 07:08 AM

Car fucked it last night going into Asda. Either there was something on the road slicking it, or a mechanical failure - but as I was rounding a corner I lost steering, braking and she careened (slowly) into some bollards. Front passenger wheel is pressing against the wheel arch now so this might be the end of the line for Noel.

I'm ok. A bit sore this morning and got a bit of a headache, but mostly it's my pride that's injured, and my wallet. Wife isn't back to work yet so until she's back we can't consider replacing her, and if the repair is gonna be too much (assuming it's something to do with front wheelbase, steering column and suspension), we might have to just scrap her.

#29412 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 15 February 2023 - 07:52 AM

Oh crikey that's scary I'm glad you're ok all things considered!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29413 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 15 February 2023 - 07:56 AM

Glad you're okay, but blimey do cars never decide to misbehave at convenient times!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#29414 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 February 2023 - 08:15 AM

Some Eastern Europeans tried (unsuccessfully) to help when it happened - a lad arrived with their group who translated but their immediate spring into making sure I was OK and trying to help was heartening, even if the language barrier was an issue.

One of three things, either a slick on the road, an issue with the road surface itself, or something with the car like tyres, wheelbase or something. The fact I lost braking does make me wonder if it's the road surface but impossible to prove.

But I'm here, I'm breathing, it's a start. Just gotta spend my morning getting her recovered to Halfords so they can tell me if she can be fixed. I am assuming not, but we'll see.

#29415 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 15 February 2023 - 08:45 AM

Which Asda was that? The one near Drakehouse? I assume it wasnt the tram tracks that caused the slip?

#29416 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 February 2023 - 11:04 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 15 February 2023 - 08:15 AM, said:

Some Eastern Europeans tried (unsuccessfully) to help when it happened - a lad arrived with their group who translated but their immediate spring into making sure I was OK and trying to help was heartening, even if the language barrier was an issue.

One of three things, either a slick on the road, an issue with the road surface itself, or something with the car like tyres, wheelbase or something. The fact I lost braking does make me wonder if it's the road surface but impossible to prove.

But I'm here, I'm breathing, it's a start. Just gotta spend my morning getting her recovered to Halfords so they can tell me if she can be fixed. I am assuming not, but we'll see.

If the brakes and steering both stopped working, and you're lucky, it might just be the alternator.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#29417 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 February 2023 - 12:47 PM

View PostGorefest, on 15 February 2023 - 08:45 AM, said:

Which Asda was that? The one near Drakehouse? I assume it wasnt the tram tracks that caused the slip?

Old Mill Lane - I live in Barno.

There was sand down on the bit I lost control at earlier so assume it's a slick that got me. Unfortunately I can't claim on insurance as I was the first to report and that means it'll fail the negligence tort, as they've immediately rectified on being made aware.

It's at garage now so we'll see what they say, eh?

#29418 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 15 February 2023 - 04:36 PM

Good luck. Mine is going to the garage tomorrow to address the bin lorry/garbage truck whallop. I hope it will be a straightforward undenting or new door. If the locking mechanism is busted, wr might still be f*ed.

#29419 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 February 2023 - 04:52 PM

View PostGorefest, on 15 February 2023 - 04:36 PM, said:

Good luck. Mine is going to the garage tomorrow to address the bin lorry/garbage truck whallop. I hope it will be a straightforward undenting or new door. If the locking mechanism is busted, wr might still be f*ed.

Hope it goes well mang!

#29420 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 February 2023 - 05:19 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 15 February 2023 - 07:08 AM, said:

so this might be the end of the line for Noel.

Wait, is your car called Noel?!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users