• View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 07 October 2021 - 09:38 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 October 2021 - 02:27 PM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 06 October 2021 - 11:27 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 October 2021 - 05:43 PM, said:

That's quite a situation. I'm glad she's getting some help form your State with the 3x a week. Make sure you vet the agencies for the direct home care (If you've not done so already) as some of them can be kinda sketchy to their PSWs. But yes that will help a lot once that starts. Here's hoping things get better soon. I have firsthand account of this sort of care through my wife and her dad as they looked after my MIL, and it can be very stressful on the caregivers. The dinner thing sounds like it's a huge headache you don't need.

I really appreciate your compassion here and I very much wish you and yours the best as the long family struggle (process?) goes on.

Thank you.

No worries at all.

Yeah, we got past the death but now we are dealing with the fallout of discovering in the Autopsy that the degenerative neuro afflictionshe had is genetic, and atosomnal dominant meaning that my genes don't water it down or prevent the possibility of my kids getting it, let alone my wife, her siblings and her cousins.

It's been a shitty few days dealing with that.

Super shitty. I am so sorry man. Autosomal dominant stuff really sucks. If you don't mind me asking, what is the name of the disease?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#28162 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 October 2021 - 09:58 PM

View PostCause, on 05 October 2021 - 03:12 PM, said:

My dentist says I need a lot of work done! I’ll wait till next year so my benefits will reset but apparently I’m looking at maybe 2000-4000 dollars!!

My mind is blown by this figure! I can’t believe it. So much money and such a waste.

I’ll have my benefits and my FSA but even so this is an ungodly sun and such a waste of money. I’m resigned to it but also angry. I’ll explore my options to see if I can get better dental coverage but I somehow doubt it

Get a second opinion

#28163 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 08 October 2021 - 07:55 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 07 October 2021 - 09:58 PM, said:

My dentist says I need a lot of work done! I’ll wait till next year so my benefits will reset but apparently I’m looking at maybe 2000-4000 dollars!!

My mind is blown by this figure! I can’t believe it. So much money and such a waste.

I’ll have my benefits and my FSA but even so this is an ungodly sun and such a waste of money. I’m resigned to it but also angry. I’ll explore my options to see if I can get better dental coverage but I somehow doubt it

Get a second opinion

Dental insurance sucks in the US.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#28164 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 October 2021 - 12:39 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 08 October 2021 - 07:55 PM, said:

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 07 October 2021 - 09:58 PM, said:

Get a second opinion

Everything to do with money sucks in the US.

FTFY
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28165 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 October 2021 - 04:53 PM

You ever have a person behind you in traffic that inspires zero confidence in their ability to drive a car? My default setting for driving these days is always play defense, because people have lost their minds and have just decided to go with a "fuck it, my insurance will cover me" attitude. But damn, I had this blue hair behind me that I was almost positive would rear end me. She was just stopped in traffic, not moving, sitting there pulling on an unfiltered Pall Mall, barely able to look over the dashboard with a "where the fuck am I look." So I cruise along around her, and I glance in my review mirror and I noticed she's going again, and she settles in right behind me. Man I was white knuckling it, with my eyes glancing up at the rear view just expecting any moment she would crash into me. When traffic lightened up, I damn well made sure to not be the car right in front of her.

#28166 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 11 October 2021 - 06:21 PM

Kid broke his arm yesterday. He went to a neighbors house to play basketball, I did not expressly tell him not to use the trampoline so he did and got hurt.
Error: Signature not valid

#28167 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 October 2021 - 07:12 PM

Fucking trampolines

#28168 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 October 2021 - 07:32 PM

Trampoline does make it easier to dunk... not sure about dribbling.

#28169 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:13 PM

"Multiple people dead and injured" in a bow and arrow attack in Kongsberg Norway, just SW of Oslo.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28170 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:18 PM

View PostAbyss, on 14 March 2021 - 05:46 AM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 14 March 2021 - 05:15 AM, said:

When we moved in to this house there was a shower in the corner of our bedroom so we ripped it out and used expanding foam to fill in the extractor fan hole and had it plastered over. Something has spent the 7 years since carving a home into the foam. You can hear it at night and it wakes me up. It's getting closer to the inside wall and I imagine one night it's just going to appear inside my bedroom. Logic suggests it's a bird or a bat but when you're awake in the dark listening to scratching inside your bedroom walls you do have to wonder....

I've seen this movie. It ends badly for the Colonial Marines.

Another summer over and the creature is back carving its winter home. I need to know what it is before the night comes when I wake up with it on my face.

If it was a bat would it be more quiet at night or in the day time? Bat is my best guess because I have never seen anything flitting around outside during the day.

Also, we really need to get this house renovated.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#28171 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:23 PM

Mom has a tumour on her pancreas. They don't know if it's malignant or benign. She's having surgery to remove it, and bloodwork this AM. She has no symptoms. They came across something on the pancreas while they did a CT scan near the area on another issue.

I hope to hell it's not cancer, because it sounds like Pancreatic cancer is bad and acts really quickly. I don't want to lose my mom.

This in the same year that my stepdad had his prostate cancer removed, had an immuno-neuro disease diagnosed and spent a year trying to get his meds right so he can live normally and not be sent to a LTCH, my MIL died of a rare neuro disease, and we just found out it's a hereditary gene that my wife (he siblings and cousins) and all our kids all have a 50% chance of getting.

2021 sucks y'all.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28172 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:13 PM

Wow, really sorry to hear that QT. Fingers crossed it is benign and the surgery will resolve the issue. Cancer is a terrible disease. Lots of strength to you and your family.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#28173 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:16 PM

Thanks man. Here's hoping.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28174 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 14 October 2021 - 04:35 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 October 2021 - 01:23 PM, said:

Mom has a tumour on her pancreas. They don't know if it's malignant or benign. She's having surgery to remove it, and bloodwork this AM. She has no symptoms. They came across something on the pancreas while they did a CT scan near the area on another issue.

I hope to hell it's not cancer, because it sounds like Pancreatic cancer is bad and acts really quickly. I don't want to lose my mom.

This in the same year that my stepdad had his prostate cancer removed, had an immuno-neuro disease diagnosed and spent a year trying to get his meds right so he can live normally and not be sent to a LTCH, my MIL died of a rare neuro disease, and we just found out it's a hereditary gene that my wife (he siblings and cousins) and all our kids all have a 50% chance of getting.

2021 sucks y'all.

What a deluge of bad news. I'm sorry you're going through all this. I'm glad you're talking about it and that your step-dad was able to get his meds right.

Here's hoping your mother does not have cancer.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#28175 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 October 2021 - 04:39 PM

View Postamphibian, on 14 October 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

2021 sucks y'all.

What a deluge of bad news. I'm sorry you're going through all this. I'm glad you're talking about it and that your step-dad was able to get his meds right.

Here's hoping your mother does not have cancer.

Thanks man, yeah, it's been a shitshow of a year for the whole family.

#28176 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:39 PM

Oh man QT that's rough, here's hoping it isn't cancer! We're here for you.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28177 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:56 PM

2021 sucks y'all.

Really sorry to read this QT. Keeping everything crossed for your mum x
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#28178 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:23 PM

Damn, I got some serious sticker shock at the pump today when I filled up the tank. What up with that?

#28179 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:29 PM

Yes, hoping the best for your ma, QT. You all are truly due some good news.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#28180 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:10 AM

Damn QT, that really really sucks man. 2021 can eat a back of Canadian dicks.

@Mal. According to my Facebook timeline its Bidens fault.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users