• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#28621 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 April 2022 - 07:33 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 April 2022 - 06:42 PM, said:

Trump stated he wouldn't get back on Twitter if Musky allows him too. Said he will stay on Truth Social (which he's only posted once from). I believe him, you should to.

He said he will stay on 'Truth Central', which may show how committed he is to it (or how far gone he is?... assuming it wasn't intentional).

He'll almost certainly be back on Twitter before the 2024 elections, probably much sooner. Might want to time his return for maximal impact. Would be funny if he did it a little before the midterms (or primaries) and it backfired spectacularly in terms of votes---though even if it did it probably wouldn't make much of a difference except in very tight races, so he could still claim credit for overall Republican gains (no matter what he'll almost certainly claim 'victory' (and 'voter fraud'...)).

#28622 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 April 2022 - 08:53 PM

Yesiree, just in time for 2024! Let's go Brandon! Fight for Trump!

Do I have to start adding the /s doohickey to my posts?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 27 April 2022 - 08:54 PM

#28623 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 29 April 2022 - 07:52 AM

Former workmates groupchat
- Tuesday
- Message comes in, one of our mates from the old work gang passed away
- Early 20s
- Hope beyond hope it's not what I think it is
- Thursday
- 16:50
- Confirmation that it's what I thought it was

If you're struggling, make sure to speak to someone, guys.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#28624 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 30 April 2022 - 02:57 AM

Had to watch a severely exsanguinated man die whilst working on CPR on him as blood filled his lungs. Like, I've seen plenty of death though my job, some of it very smelly and undignified, but watching someone bleed out due to his own self harm is particularly harrowing. Thankfully not a very regular occurrence but man there was so much blood.

If you're feeling like you want to end it I'll echo what Maark said above - speak to someone! There's always hope and airways good people willing to help!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28625 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 30 April 2022 - 03:46 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 30 April 2022 - 02:57 AM, said:

Had to watch a severely exsanguinated man die whilst working on CPR on him as blood filled his lungs. Like, I've seen plenty of death though my job, some of it very smelly and undignified, but watching someone bleed out due to his own self harm is particularly harrowing. Thankfully not a very regular occurrence but man there was so much blood.

If you're feeling like you want to end it I'll echo what Maark said above - speak to someone! There's always hope and airways good people willing to help!

I'm sorry, Tiste.

There's life to be experienced and I want us all to be here for it. May the sad times pass and the better times come in soon.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#28626 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 02 May 2022 - 08:31 AM

Thanks. In some ways I just have to get on with things as that's just part of the job sadly, but I can't help but feel for the wife who tried to stop him and is now facing a shattered world after it.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28627 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 May 2022 - 09:05 AM

You guys don't get paid enough Simmo. Same goes for firies, ambos, nurses etc.

You're a better man than I am.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28628 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 05 May 2022 - 08:10 AM

I'm sorry to read that Tiste. I'll echo above, you don't get paid enough for what you deal with.

Sorry to Maark too, for your work friend.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#28629 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 May 2022 - 06:52 AM

Terry and Arfur, together again. :(

https://www.news.com...332d49519d6e61f

Legendary British actor Robert Waterman dies aged 74

--------------------

I was a bit young for The Sweeney, but did enjoy New Tricks. He'll always be Terry McCann for me though.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 09 May 2022 - 06:55 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28630 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 09 May 2022 - 08:42 PM

The baby sparrows that were nested in our shed died. No firm idea, but it might have been unseasonably cold enough to freeze them. Same thing happened with the bunnies that nested in our backyard (despite the two dogs who want so much to eat all bunnies).

Climate change and the volatile weather stinks. I'm hoping we bounce back with more happy babies soon.

#28631 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 May 2022 - 12:21 PM

First world problems:

I don't now what the fuck is up with shipping in this world. Is it just staffing issues? COVID can't possibly still be casting such drastic shipping shit.

Like Amazon I've ordered about 10 items in the last few weeks (on Prime) and everything that said it would take 1-2day shipping came at least a week late each, two items from independent sellers shipped fine and arrived fine, and at least 3 items have not arrived at all, are long past their "delivery" dates, and are bending my patience, especially when you order it still calls it 1-2 day delivery....and if I get my shit two weeks later it's a miracle.

So I bailed on amazon for my next order, and used Chapters/Indigo for a single book....and better yet I didn't even have it shipped to me, but had it deliver to a store for me to pickup, which uses INTRA-store shipping...so every single day they move stuff from store to store...it said it would be at the store in 5 days. 4AM on the delivery date it says it's been delayed....so I canceled it....becuase I can go to my local fantasy book store and get it myself...

Like I'm trying to fathom how there are still such drastic staffing issues that it causes these kinds of delays. I'm sure there'a a reason I just don't know about, but half of this stuff was gifts so I'm a little temperamental about it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#28632 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 11 May 2022 - 04:22 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 May 2022 - 12:21 PM, said:

First world problems:

I don't now what the fuck is up with shipping in this world. Is it just staffing issues? COVID can't possibly still be casting such drastic shipping shit.

Like Amazon I've ordered about 10 items in the last few weeks (on Prime) and everything that said it would take 1-2day shipping came at least a week late each, two items from independent sellers shipped fine and arrived fine, and at least 3 items have not arrived at all, are long past their "delivery" dates, and are bending my patience, especially when you order it still calls it 1-2 day delivery....and if I get my shit two weeks later it's a miracle.

So I bailed on amazon for my next order, and used Chapters/Indigo for a single book....and better yet I didn't even have it shipped to me, but had it deliver to a store for me to pickup, which uses INTRA-store shipping...so every single day they move stuff from store to store...it said it would be at the store in 5 days. 4AM on the delivery date it says it's been delayed....so I canceled it....becuase I can go to my local fantasy book store and get it myself...

Like I'm trying to fathom how there are still such drastic staffing issues that it causes these kinds of delays. I'm sure there'a a reason I just don't know about, but half of this stuff was gifts so I'm a little temperamental about it.

Shanghai, chians busiest port is in full lockdown

#28633 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:15 PM

View PostCause, on 11 May 2022 - 04:22 PM, said:

First world problems:

... and that's why i have three orders weeks overdue. Dammit.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28634 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:57 PM

Why baby formula though?

#28635 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 May 2022 - 07:07 PM

View PostCause, on 11 May 2022 - 04:22 PM, said:

First world problems:

... but my actively managed Chinese robotics-heavy ETF is finally bouncing (to the 月 eventually I hope)... though it's still down by > 30% YTD (bleh).

#28636 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 13 May 2022 - 11:30 PM

Boris Johnson's plan for putting approx 1 in 5 of we Civil Servants out of a job is not doing my mental state much good, if I'm to be completely honest.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#28637 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 13 May 2022 - 11:55 PM

View Poststone monkey, on 13 May 2022 - 11:30 PM, said:

Boris Johnson's plan for putting approx 1 in 5 of we Civil Servants out of a job is not doing my mental state much good, if I'm to be completely honest.

That's crushingly bad. I'm sorry.

#28638 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 May 2022 - 04:56 PM

@SM

https://www.bbc.com/...litics-61432498

475,000? That's not much for a nation of ... 60 million? I'm sure we have far more, especially if you add in state as well as federal public service.

----------------------------------

Remo is gone, too. :(

https://www.news.com...64acc924501ee15

#28639 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 14 May 2022 - 05:00 PM

View Postamphibian, on 13 May 2022 - 11:55 PM, said:

View Poststone monkey, on 13 May 2022 - 11:30 PM, said:

That's crushingly bad. I'm sorry.

Crushingly bad is a good descriptor for this horrendous government altogether.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#28640 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 May 2022 - 08:56 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 11 May 2022 - 06:57 PM, said:

Why baby formula though?

Abbotts (the largest formula provider) plants are a disaster. Old, dirty equipment, trouble with the fda. They had to shut down and recall since apparently they were putting out shit and didnt fix a bunch of stuff they were supposed to.
And now its hitting.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users