Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan Book of the Fallen: The Comic Book

#1 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:02 AM

Dabel Brothers, who have already produced acclaimed graphic novel and comic book versions of works by George RR Martin, Raymond E. Feist, Laurel K. Hamilton, Robert Jordan and Tad Williams, are apparently now working on the graphic version of Malazan. Exactly what work is being adapted first is unclear, but they have already put up an image of Whiskeyjack, which would suggest Gardens of the Moon is the work in question.

Their statement on the matter:

Well my friends, we all knew that this day would come sooner or later. You’re probably still curious as to what this surprise is, but attached is the first quick concept sketch of Whiskeyjack. We still have a long ways to go mind you as we’re still only in the very early stages, but step by step and inch by inch Malazan will come alive before our very eyes! So please sit back and enjoy this teaser sketch drawn in five minutes and imagine what it will be like when our eyes finally fall on the fully colored Whiskeyjack and all the other favorite characters we’ve come to love :D

And those of you who know me (The_Khan) by now know my favorite line “Anomander Rake rules!”

Please don’t forget to spread the word to all of your Malazan friends :D

Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#2 User is offline   Battalion 

• Emperor

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

Wow! That's exactly how I pictured the man. Can't wait.
Get to the chopper!

#3 User is offline   Bottle 

• Lieutenant

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

That looks quite a lot like how I imagined him too, especially the armour, which is kinda cool seeing that Erikson doesn't really explain what anything/one looks like in his books.

Only one thing, I thought it was stated in GoTM that he had a handle-bar moustache? I would love that!

#4 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:41 PM

See also here: http://www.malazanempire.com/forums/showth...5419#post165419
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tde; keimetha tois keinon rhmasi peithomenoi.

#5 User is offline   blewin 

• High Fist

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:02 AM

a graphic novel would be so great!!! can't wait to see it in colour. :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users