Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CoD: Infinite Warfare 4th November

#1 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

I am oddly excited for this game. Though the campaign better be longer than 4 hours (Looking at you Titanfall 2). Also comes with CoD: Modern Warfare remastered which is a nice bonus if your gonna play it again I guess.

One thing that has upset me a little is to hear that it has a zombie mode. That ius Treyarchs thing! I much prefered the Spec Ops game mode of Modern Warfare 2 and 3. The small bite sized missions I could tackle with a friend. I never have 4 friends with CoD at the same time and zombie mode is not so much fun with strangers. Disappointing to me.

#2 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

Infinite Warfare is the least interesting game for me this year in comparison to Battlefield 1 and Titan Fall 2.

I bought Battlefield 1 last week and I'm enjoying that one greatly, I think the single player is actually better than the multiplayer this time around.

But I also want to play Titan Fall 2. I was listening to Giant Bomb's podcast today and they said a lot of great things about what they've done with both the games single player and multiplayer. To me Titan Fall 1's multiplayer gameplay was absolutely phenomenal and somehow the agility and speed translated into me doing much better than I usually do in multiplayer games.

Plus the whole jump in and out of giant humanoid robots is a pretty unique gimmick.

COD: Infinite Warfare seems secondary to Titan Fall to me. Three games in and I don't think the COD studios have yet managed to surpass the arcade-like speed and fun of Titan Fall 1. (I say that with out having played IW yet of course.)

I bet IW's still going to be good but if I buy COD:IW (I probably will even though I can't afford it) it will be because of Modern Warfare 1 remastered. I don't care about the single player campaign but I LOVED Modern Warfare 1 + 2's multiplayer. I put around 200 and 300 hours into each respectively.

To me, when playing COD: Multiplayer, I continue to look for the fun and thrill I got out of the first two Modern Warfare games. The maps were smaller and better, the unlock systems were better and I loved the SCAR-H. I still feel nostalgia when I think about playing the Christmas version of the Crash map that was copying Black Hawk Down.

This post has been edited by Apt: 26 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

#4 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

Sadly, I'm with Apt. I have absolutely no interest in Infinte Warfare this year and have a similar view on the state of the series. There were several amazing games in the series (MW1, MW2, BO2) but the rest got away from the core gameplay that I loved in those games. Just take a look at Advanced Warfare or Black Ops 3 - both tried new things to mirror Titanfall in the form of faster players, more verticality, wall running, etc. The games were ok but didn't strike me in the same way. That said, I already have it preordered just for CoD4. It's probably my most anticipated game of the year.

Also ordered Titanfall 2 (huge fan of the first but I did not like the direction of the beta for this one) and Skyrim Remastered (as a gift, that I'll eventually play too). Skipped Battlefield as I did not enjoy the beta.

#5 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:37 AM

I am very excited for Titanfall 2. The campaign being 4 hours is a huge dissapoitment though. If it was the 8 hours they promised I would have already pre-ordered. I also understand that the post release 'Horde mode' become the 2nd most popular game mode for titanfall 1 but I have heard nothing about whether it is in 2. I play multiplayer but its never been my focus. I enjoy single player experiences first, co-op second and multiplayer third

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

The thing about these FPS games that come out during the Fall is that I feel almost forced to buy and play the multiplayer during the first week or two. This is when there are the most new players and the highest chance of me not just getting crushed by more seasoned multiplayer veterans.

Also depending upon the success of the game, the player base could fall off dramatically within a month, making getting a game hard. Hell, last year, outside Team Death Match and Ground War I couldn't fill a lobby in any of Black Ops 3 game modes on PC. And that was the first week.

A single player game you can play any time. It's not dependent on outside factors like player bases and servers.

I'm not too worried about campaign lengths either. When ever somebody says a COD campaign is 5 hours long I always wonder. The way I play FPS games it typically takes me 10-20 hours to get through the campaign.

This post has been edited by Apt: 26 October 2016 - 12:08 PM

#7 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:36 PM

Maybe thats why I often hate multiplayer. I often adopt late and feel like Im david vs 10 goliaths. Thats why I tend to wait for FPS games, they fall off in price rapidly.

You take 20 hours to finsih cod? How on earth?

#8 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

Just looked up my game activity on Steam looking at the COD games that have play statistics on them, I have spent X amount of hours playing the single player:

Advanced Warfare: 22 hours
Black Ops 1: 10,8 hours
Black Ops 2: 10,8 hours
Black Ops 3: 26 hours
Ghosts: 8,2 hours
Modern Warfare 2: 10,8 hours
Modern Warfare 3: 6,4 hours

Interestingly enough it's the last two years I have spent the most time in.

Also interesting that there are 3 games that I spent exactly 10,8 hours completing.

And the two campaigns I spent the least time with are Ghosts and MW3 which are both made my Infinity Ward. Will this mean Infinite Warfare will be short for me as well this year? Hmm. Now I must play IW for science.

EDIT: To actually answer the question, I tend to spend a lot of time in games just looking around.

Looking at the scenery, looking at stuff in rooms, looking at the people I just gruesomely destroyed. Doubling back to see if I missed something.

Going down one path, then deciding this must be the main path I should go the other way to see if I missed some secondary or hidden content. Then discovering this is actually the main path and running back to the first path and then finding out all the paths lead the same place, then I die and have to do it all over again, etc. etc.

Also COD games tend to be made for rushing past spawn points while I just hang back and try to kill everyone and everything from my perch.

This post has been edited by Apt: 26 October 2016 - 01:01 PM

#9 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:10 PM

The true measure is how many hours you've poored into the multiplayer. Sometimes I still will jump on Black Ops II online and there is a certain player that is always in the lobbies that has like 130 + days spent playing multi-player. He's such a legend (or no life loser as some would call him) that there are YouTube vids about him.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users