Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

did i miss something?

#1 User is offline   crowbarsf 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

I read series...and recently re-read it. Loved it, first one in a long while I enjoyed thoroughly, and kudos to mr. Erickson for actually finishing a series. Anyway, I had questions at the end and may have to read a 3rd time to wrap my head around the whole epic. mostly character inquiries, i will get around to plot another time (or not be lazy and search some answers out) here goes:

Coltain, did i miss something?....was his death just that..his death? i somehow thought he, or his spirit would re-appear at some point.

Draconus....I was waiting for an immense impact at the end, and he was off hunting Elders....again did i miss something?

other characters like Caladan, Tayscreen, Kallor, even Silverfox i anticipated them showing up again at the end and feel i missed something. Were characters like these, and I am sure others, used in certain points, then after completing their task(s) just fade out?

I though this about some other characters, but many of them seemed to have their stories come to a conclusion ie uudinas.

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:18 PM

Read the books by Ian Cameron Esslemont. They pick up many of these characters tales.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

A lot of characters will appear again in the Novels of the Malazan Empire by Cam, and several other loose ends from the MBotF will be tied up. You have still some books left to read :)

For the case of Coltaine: The last scene of DG is his rebirth, this is mentioned again in HoC and tBh. At that time he is still a baby. At least someone who is growing at a normal speed. Also another Esslemont case.

This post has been edited by - Coltaine -: 25 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

#4 User is offline   crowbarsf 

• Recruit

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

ok figured i had to get into the other books. i stopped at a bookstore yesterday.....needless to say, i will be placing an online order shortly. thanks

This post has been edited by crowbarsf: 26 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

#5 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:08 PM

Draconus....I was waiting for an immense impact at the end, and he was off hunting Elders....again did i miss something?

You said it yourself. He was busy hunting elder gods. How does that not fit the definition of immense impact? :F

#6 User is offline   crowbarsf 

• Recruit

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

View PostSiergiej, on 28 August 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

You said it yourself. He was busy hunting elder gods. How does that not fit the definition of immense impact? :F

point taken....perhaps i expected more details.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users