Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello all

#1 User is offline   Darksinister 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:50 AM

Hello everyone. After a long time visiting this website I have decided to register! About a month ago I started my very first re-read of Malazan and am currently reading MoI. This time through I'm going to be reading ICE's novels as well as both SE and ICE's new trilogy's!
Already on my re-read's of GotM and DG I have picked up a lot I missed on the first read through.
Anyway, thanks for having me as part of this well structured website!

#2 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

Thanks, glad to have you! I hope to see you in other threads :D

#3 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:40 PM

Welcome Darksinister

nice name by the way :D

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

Is it nice though? Is it?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5 User is offline   Darksinister 

• Recruit

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:21 PM

Thanks guys.

#6 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:49 PM

View PostDarksinister, on 27 July 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

Already on my re-read's of GotM and DG I have picked up a lot I missed on the first read through

So what stands out on your re-read? I'm re-reading the series myself, this time including ICE's books as well (I'll read NIGHT OF KNIVES once I'm done with MIDNIGHT TIDES). I find myself looking for clues for the Karkanis trilogy throughout MIDNIGHT TIDES, not sure if I've found any but it's been fun looking at this part of the series through that lense.

#7 User is offline   Darksinister 

• Recruit

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:29 AM

So what stands out on your re-read? I'm re-reading the series myself, this time including ICE's books as well (I'll read NIGHT OF KNIVES once I'm done with MIDNIGHT TIDES). I find myself looking for clues for the Karkanis trilogy throughout MIDNIGHT TIDES, not sure if I've found any but it's been fun looking at this part of the series through that lense.

Quite a bit actually. I completed my first read through in 2012 and felt I did not understand, to a certain degree, how the world worked when reading the first few novels (Warrens, races, ascendents etc). This time through I feel as though I have a better grasp on the world and how the main storey unravels as the novels progress.
Basically, although I loved my first read through I am enjoying this read through more as I'm not spending a lot of time reading over pages to make sure I understood something :-)
Specifically? An example being this read through of DG I felt I understood what happened with Heboric in the desert, with the jade statue and Fener much more than my first read through!

This post has been edited by Darksinister: 28 July 2016 - 05:32 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users