Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

Deleted

This post has been edited by .-‘: 05 October 2021 - 11:40 PM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:50 AM

I hope this gets better than last season...

#3 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:14 AM

View PostSexy Gumbo, on 02 July 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

What?!! DM rocked! Killjoys is the one idk if it would be back or not and I wouldn't have cared if it didn't but DM got tons of praise.

Agree, agree, disagree. Killjoys does have some potential but S1 wasn't great.

Dark Matter rocks.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:23 AM

Other way around for me.

#5 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, I agree with you about last night's ep of DM, pretty boring. Was struggling to even remember what happened and i just watched it. Good little incident at the very end which puts a cat amongst the pigeons, but other than that it was really slow and I had minimal interest in any of the characters. It's gonna really have to step things up to keep me watching after that.

Killjoys on the other hand was at least moderately entertaining. Some typically ropey acting, and it did feel like they were primarily ust setting things up , but it wasn't bad, and it does appear that they have a larger story in mind. Also the cyborg-ish woman was cute.

I'll forgive these shows a lot more flaws as they are clearly being made for the lowest budget legally allowed.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#6 User is offline   polle 

• Recruit

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:32 AM

DM's first episode was a bit slow indeed, but the ending was nice twist. Didn't see that coming at all.
Curious to see where it goes.

#7 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:05 PM

We binged S1 before watching the 1st 2 eps of S2. It confirmed my high opinion of this show from last year. Clever concept, science that feels realistic the majority of the time and well acted characters that very seldom got on my nerves, even when they may have bordered on stereotypical. I mean 3 is nothing more than another Han Solo (at least I thought so from the beginning) yet the actor that plays him overcame that (imo) and is funny in his own way and quite enjoyable to watch. Ep7 had absolute lols on the re-watch (the Android busting out the Aussie accent when she felt threatened by the pleasure bot was hysterical!) and also provided the 1st clue (I thought) of who turned out to be the "traitor" in the S1 finale. I agree that the S2 premier seemed a little slow, but they're clearly trying to set up the new season. To me, this show has a minimum of weaknesses and still has me looking forward to the next episode. Even the Android is an interesting character.

Spoiler

#8 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:54 PM

I recently got into both these shows and I'm enjoying them immensely! I powered through the first seasons and first half of the second season of both over the course of a week or so, and I'm well addicted!

I'm really enjoying where the Killjoys story going - Pawter taking her place in the Nine was going to happen since we found out that she was a disowned daughter of one of the Nine. Plus the whole Khlyen/Davin mystery is really really fun!

Dark Matter is also a lot of fun, but I'm kind of over the whole Six thing - just get over the fact that he betrayed you and move on already - and there's no way I believe that One is actually dead, but I guess we'll see.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#9 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:01 PM

View PostBriar King, on 05 August 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

I think Jace was trying to tell Two the One hired him but she domed him.

I'm enjoying KJ much more this season then DM. Strange. DM ruled the air in S1 so I was hoping for that again.

The best thing about Dark Matter so far this season is the Android's arc. They left the door wide open for very interesting things for "her" at the end of last season and they've followed through, imo. Unfortunately, the rest of the cast hasn't gotten too much that's equally compelling, so far. Overall, I still look forward to each ep and I believe it'll pick up soon.

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 14 August 2016 - 11:56 PM

#10 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 05 August 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 05 August 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

I think Jace was trying to tell Two the One hired him but she domed him.

I'm enjoying KJ much more this season then DM. Strange. DM ruled the air in S1 so I was hoping for that again.

[color="rgb(0,128,0)"]
[/color]
[color="rgb(0,128,0)"]The best thing about Dark Matter so far this season is the Android's arc. The left the door wide open for very interesting things for "her" at the end of last season and they've followed through, imo. Unfortunately, the rest of the cast hasn't gotten too much that's equally compelling, so far. Overall, I still look forward to each ep and I believe it'll pick up soon.[/color]

I agree - the Android's arc this season has been a LOT of fun! I'm enjoying the "upgrade" chipped android, but am also worried as fuck for her, cause we all know she's gonna end up trying to kill everyone....
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#11 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostBriar King, on 05 August 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

Really??? I was very bummed out with it. Android is fucking gold when she's herself. That screamed Data getting his emotion chip and didn't need to be repeated. Yea don't like it at all.

The Prince and new fight girl need more screen time. He was my fav S1.

Glad yet another Lost Girl cast showed up with the policeman. That makes 3 I've noticed but the same guy made both shows. Android, Policeman, and Woman who is looking for 5's card. Hope more show up. Y'all should watch Lost Girl

I guess I just enjoy seeing the actress get to do some non-androidy stuff - but you're right, she's pretty badass as the regular android too. I mean, she has the best hair in the show, hands down.

#12 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:49 AM

I'm about 1/4 into S02E06 of Killjoys — when
Spoiler

I love how fun this show is, despite going to some dark places (which it pulls off with gravity). Most sci-fi on TV and film these days is overly serious — take The Expanse: even when there is humor in it, it feels like it's just the characters trying to stave off the bleakness that shapes life in ~the future~. But Killjoys just revels in all that is new and bright and shiny.

More serious sci-fi is great, of course. It's just damn fun to watch a show like this.

EDIT:

Here's a great example in concise form: https://dl.dropboxus...5_21-05-15.webm

EDIT2:

I also love that there's actually evidence that they have an overarching plotline in mind and that they're not just making it up as they go along.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 16 August 2016 - 01:41 AM

#13 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:42 AM

I've been catching up on Dark Matter; I'm about halfway through S02E07. Season 2 has been much better than S1 so far. I really like the direction they're going in —
Spoiler

I'm glad it's caught up to the same level as Killjoys ^_^

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 20 August 2016 - 03:42 AM

#14 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:09 AM

View PostBriar King, on 20 August 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

DM 3 in a row with ship battles! I'm down with that. Never really a fan of Alt Uni stuff but they pulled it off here and I was happy to see some S1 people back. Ending has me thinking.

Agreed. An interesting episode that found a plausible way to show us what the Raza crew would've/could've been like without the memory wipe and, as 6 pointed out, the influence of 5 on the rest of the crew. Fitting that the alternate Android also has developed a loyalty to her crew, not just the ship. They should have no problems coming up with quality storylines. The possibilities are nearly endless. And yes, that ending...

#15 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:14 AM

View PostBriar King, on 21 August 2016 - 01:23 AM, said:

Prettysure it's 1 which will piss me off. My hope is its S1 female so we can get more of her and 3.

How great was Alt 4 sitting on his throne? He's my fav of crew so I did a air fist at that. 5 def appears the game changer doesn't she? I loled so hard at Alt 6 bit

My !st thought was that it's Wexler. Didn't they say their marauder was already on board? And 2 left Wexler unconscious in the alt marauder, last we heard of him. But it could be
Corso or the blonde from Wexler's crew.

Btw, was Nix back on board at the end? The rest of the crew was talking about how she said the Dr. never came back but I don't remember actually seeing. I need to watch it again.

#16 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:30 AM

Another pretty solid ep of Dark Matter but the final 20 seconds were just fantastic. I love what's implied! As I've mentioned before, I find this particular aspect of the show the most intriguing. Can't wait for the next episode!

#17 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:35 AM

Halfway through Killjoys S02E09.

Spoiler

NO! That ending! :) :D :) :)

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 29 August 2016 - 02:35 AM

#18 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:41 AM

Dark Matter S02E09.

1) What the hell was inside of 3? That was actually surprisingly scary. That roar was unsettling.

2) What the hell was that last shot about?

I'm excited for next week's episode

#19 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:35 PM

Yeah, I could see it. But, considering that it was introduced and then resolved in one episode, I don't think that's it. I think they're building it up to be something bigger.

#20 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Whatever that was in 3, it's not gonna be all unicorns and rainbows, that's for sure! Wil Wheaton plays a smarmy company guy surprisingly well!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users