Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deragoth in FoL? - Spoilers Inside!

#1 User is offline   lordavenger 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

He was thinking of the D'ivers hounds, all those centuries past. Assailing him from all sides, Even with the fullness of his power, they had nearly torn him apart.

Draconus after the fight with Caplo, when MD is comforting him. Anyone else think that this is the Deragoth? That would tie in with them enslaving the Eres'al. And give them a whole new level of power! A match for Drac in his prime!

Sorry for the exclamation marks. But I'm pretty excited by this. Anyone else feel the same?

Also, long time lurker, infrequent poster. Thank you all for your contributions, especially Abyss, TRB, Andorion and Kanyemander.

This post has been edited by lordavenger: 25 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

#2 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

lordavenger, on 25 June 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

He was thinking of the D'ivers hounds, all those centuries past. Assailing him from all sides, Even with the fullness of his power, they had nearly torn him apart.

Draconus after the fight with Caplo, when MD is comforting him. Anyone else think that this is the Deragoth? That would tie in with them enslaving the Eres'al. And give them a whole new level of power! A match for Drac in his prime!

Sorry for the exclamation marks. But I'm pretty excited by this. Anyone else feel the same?

Also, long time lurker, infrequent poster. Thank you all for your contributions, especially Abyss, TRB, Andorion and Kanyemander.

Nice connection.

#3 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

And another cameo found. Thanks. I did not made that connection during my read. :D

I think SE had a lot of fun with putting as much hints as possible into the book. Or we start seeing connections he never intended. :D

#4 User is offline   Ozymandiac 

• Captain

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

I'm not following your case. Where are you quoting from?
"Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

#5 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

he was thinking of the D'ivers hounds, all those centuries past. Assailing him from all sides. Even with the fullness of his power, they had nearly torn him apart. 'Nothing of import,' he said after a moment. 'Just memories.'

#6 User is offline   lordavenger 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:27 AM

Ozymandiac, on 25 June 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

This is FoL. Right after Drac's battle with Caplo, when MD comes to comfort/ heal him.

#7 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

Yes, I assumed it was the Deragoth.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#8 User is offline   Ozymandiac 

• Captain

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

lordavenger, on 26 June 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Ozymandiac, on 25 June 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

This is FoL. Right after Drac's battle with Caplo, when MD comes to comfort/ heal him.

Ah thanks.

Interesting, I completely missed that. Will reread it, thanks for sharing.
"Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

#9 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

I had the same reaction, but it was offset by the suggestion that those Hounds Drac was remembering had been D'ivers, whereas as far as we know, the Deragoth were not.But 'as far as we know' is a massive qualifier in a series where in theory every single dragon is part of a huge d'ivers, so its a valid theory either way.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10 User is offline   lordavenger 

• Recruit

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:39 AM

Abyss, on 02 July 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

I had the same reaction, but it was offset by the suggestion that those Hounds Drac was remembering had been D'ivers, whereas as far as we know, the Deragoth were not.But 'as far as we know' is a massive qualifier in a series where in theory every single dragon is part of a huge d'ivers, so its a valid theory either way.

Yes. I had in fact assumed that this was Dessimbelackis. But of course the time line would not permit that. Unless Dessimbelackis was the Azathanai responsible for Humans. Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:04 AM

lordavenger, on 03 July 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

....Unless Dessimbelackis was the Azathanai responsible for Humans.

Based on that Azathii who popped out three races already and is working on a fourth, that is curiously possible.

#12 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

Dissemblackis wasnt even born yet. And im pretty certain that SE stayes that the deragoth were the last remaining of their species when he poured his soul into their bodies.

#13 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

NefaraisBredd, on 07 July 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

Dissemblackis wasnt even born yet. And im pretty certain that SE stayes that the deragoth were the last remaining of their species when he poured his soul into their bodies.

Agree.
Caplo's experience.is an example of this.
Caplo merged with some entity from a different place/time to become the panther d'vers.

#14 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

nacht, on 07 July 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

NefaraisBredd, on 07 July 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

Agree.
Caplo's experience.is an example of this.
Caplo merged with some entity from a different place/time to become the panther d'vers.

While Caplo succeeded, Dessimbelackis seemed to have failed to maintain control over his consciousness.

#15 User is offline   Randomander 

• Soletaken Dragon Reborn

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

Its also implied via a conversation between Draconus and Olar Ethil that Draconus is much strogner now that he was in ages past. Paraphrasing but the conversation was something like "I could take them all from you right now and there is nothing you could do to stop me" to which Draconus responds "That may have been true once, but i invite you to try now".

#16 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:23 AM

Yeah, i think the difference may have been that Drac had becme draconic, which would also explain why his finnest was so ragey.

As for Dessimbelackis, by all reports he was human, but weve seen Azathanii effectively become any race at all. I doubt the theory, but its not ridiculous at all when Skillen is walking around as a Kchain Chemalle Shigalle assassin.

#17 User is offline   Prime Rake 

• Recruit

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:34 AM

Yeah, i think the difference may have been that Drac had becme draconic, which would also explain why his finnest was so ragey.

Feels wrong disagreeing with a legend of this forum who I've seen and agreed with many times over the years.. But it was said the Finnest was evil because Spite and Envy had twisted it with their evil thoughts and intentions when they were hiding out beneath it. Will try and find the quote but only read FoL once, still a bit sketchy.

#18 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

Ooooooooooh, baby! Heads are gonna roll over this one! Yer yankin the tiger's tail now, kid!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#19 User is offline   Prime Rake 

• Recruit

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

Ha! Still haven't be able to find it, but it stuck with me for some reason. I'll find it, I'm determined!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users