Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Beauty and the Beast Trailer

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

I did not know they were making one these.

Is that Hermoine Granger?

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

It is, and the original lead from DOWNTON ABBEY, Dan Stevens is the Beast.

Im really excited about this, as this is my all time fave Disney flick...and the existing films in their live action basket (MALEFICENT, CINDERELLA, and THE JUNGLE BOOK) have all been fantastic!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

How convenient you leave out this masterpiece from your list.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 May 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

Im really excited about this, as this is my all time fave Disney flick...and the existing films in their live action basket (MALEFICENT, CINDERELLA, and THE JUNGLE BOOK) have all been fantastic!

They made a Cinderella movie? Did it have a giant CGI pumpkin horse carriage?

I haven't seen Maleficent and Cinderella either. I should really get around to watching some of these.

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:16 PM

View Postworry, on 23 May 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

How convenient you leave out this masterpiece from your list.

That shit doesn't count and you know it!

View PostApt, on 23 May 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 May 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

They made a Cinderella movie? Did it have a giant CGI pumpkin horse carriage?

I haven't seen Maleficent and Cinderella either. I should really get around to watching some of these.

It did actually, and Helena Bohnam Carter as the fairy godmother, and Cate Blanchett as the wicked stepmother..But it's actually a very entertaining remake of the animated one.

MALEFICENT is pretty damned fantastic, if you are okay with spinning the character out as not bad at all. Jolie was great in it, and it has a haunting credits cover of once upon a star by Lana Del Rey.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:02 AM

It does exactly what a teaser should do: strike an appropriate tone, hit a few symbolic references (the candles, the claws, the rose), and avoid outright revelation all together. If this were a better world, the beast visual wouldn't be revealed at all before release.

#7 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:36 AM

Looks good... wonder how I will like it as I never saw the Disney animated movie...

#8 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:02 AM

BK you've never seen Disney's Beauty and the Beast?!?! As QT says it's (one of) the very best.

#9 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:25 AM

Just another example of how risk averse and boring mainstream Hollywood has become.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#10 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:56 AM

I loathe anything with a Disney Princess in it. Leave that shit as animation and move on to create new and exciting one dimensional female characters characters Hollywood. Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman are the only Beauty and the Beast that count!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

Disney should have George RR Martin write the manuscript for Beauty and the Best like he did for the TV-Series.

#12 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

Belle is technically a "Disney Princess" but she's an atypical example -- she's largely literally not one -- and kinda the starting point of princess reform (admittedly an inconsistent legacy, but she's the best). She's got more in common with Mulan, Lilo, and even Alice than she does predecessor princesses.

#13 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:10 PM

View Postworry, on 24 May 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

Belle is technically a "Disney Princess" but she's an atypical example -- she's largely literally not one -- and kinda the starting point of princess reform (admittedly an inconsistent legacy, but she's the best). She's got more in common with Mulan, Lilo, and even Alice than she does predecessor princesses.

I don't think the "Disney Princess" franchise/label/whatever had anything to do with it at that time. Sure, they made The Little Mermaid two years before B&tB, but before that it had been 30 years since Sleeping Beauty, and the next entire decade of Disney animated films after B&tB had only two female protagonists (Pocahontas and Mulan), neither of which were really princesses (Mulan is just a random civilian, Pocahontas is closer as the chieftain's daughter but the movie definitely doesn't make a point of shoehorning any princessy things in), so I don't see any sort of intent towards the princess scheme or even an intent of Belle being compared to Snow White/Cinderella/Aurora (whereas Princess and the Frog, Tangled, and Frozen were all obviously plotted with adding a new princess character in mind since the start).

AFAIK, the whole "Disney Princess" thing only really became "a thing" in the late 1990s/early 2000s as a new marketing angle (and of course a ton of new lines of toys), and was at that time retroactively applied to movies that had never really planned on needing to fit into any such scheme... and hence the "official" membership of that group changing numerous times.

So I don't think I'd really call it any sort of "princess reform", just generally great writing, inventive plots and deeper characters that Disney started putting out from about the early 1990s onwards.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#14 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

the real disney princesses

#15 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

you know, given that 2016 has been a b*****d in terms of celebrity deaths, i really hope they get an Angela Lansbury in to do a cameo of some kind if she's willing.

She's 90 or so, but i would actually really like to see her in something if possible.
meh. Link was dead :(

#16 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

Lansbury was doing the lead role in a touring play just last year, so I don't think she's waning, but yeah that'd be quite nice.

Re: the princess thing, I guess I didn't emphasize how informally I meant "princess reform" -- I was trying to distinguish it from Disney Princess the marketing thing, not tie her to it. I don't think we're actually saying different things really.

#17 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

View PostCheesewiz, on 31 January 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

This looks good

Reference, final US trailer. :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users