Malazan Empire: Interview with Steven Erikson and Glen Cook on the Coode Street Podcast - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interview with Steven Erikson and Glen Cook on the Coode Street Podcast

#1 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:30 AM

Hey there guys, just a heads up that there is an (approx) hour long interview with Steven Erikson and Glen Cook on this weeks episode of The Coode Street Podcast for those who are interested. (jan 2016)

Only just downloaded it myself so can't comment on it's quality yet, but the interviews on Coode Street are generally very good. Here is the link to the webpage, or have a look on itunes or whatever podcast app you use.
Steven and Glen on Coode Street Podcast

If you do a quick search on thier site as well, there should be at least one other interview with Steven, that time with Ian MacDonald
Actually, the search bit was hard so here is the link to that, from march 2014
Steven and Ian on Coode Street Podcast

This post has been edited by Binder of Demons: 16 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#2 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

Had a listen while out walking so wasn't really concentrating, but I had the feeling that this recent interview wasn't as interesting as the older one, with Ian McDonald. It was cool to hear a bit more about Glen Cook since I knew next to nothing about him, but there didn't seem to be as many nuggets about Malaz this time around.

Will have a listen to it again in a quieter environment and see did I just happen to miss the really cool bits.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#3 User is offline   shovelbum 

• Recruit

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostBinder of Demons, on 19 January 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

Had a listen while out walking so wasn't really concentrating, but I had the feeling that this recent interview wasn't as interesting as the older one, with Ian McDonald. It was cool to hear a bit more about Glen Cook since I knew next to nothing about him, but there didn't seem to be as many nuggets about Malaz this time around.

Will have a listen to it again in a quieter environment and see did I just happen to miss the really cool bits.

Thanks for linking it. It was a good listen. It's more about some of their thoughts and experiences with writing in a broad fantasy genre than book-specific details.

I appreciate their points about putting characters before world-building and being mindful of what transfers between the real world and the written fantasy.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users