Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Book BOOKS

#1 User is offline   hnoor0011 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:21 AM

I've just started Book 3 Memories of Ice and it's been over a year since I read GOTM. I've forgotten a lot of stuff. Can anyone provide me with a synopsis of the first book?
NOOR

#2 User is offline   Dumbledude 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:32 AM

http://www.tor.com/f...-of-the-fallen/
The slower the river, the redder it runs.

#3 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

A mad puppet's quest to find out who is killing a group of infrastructure demolition workers gets derailed by a shadowy troop of men's best friends, said men being a sorry rope and a blurry chair. Meanwhile, a big floating rock turns out to be a space ship for dark elves who were hired by a city to fight an armed (well, one-armed) punitive force from an empire across the sea. Outside the city, a grumpy orc gets awoken by an undead implement, only to be clobbered by dragons before getting locked up in a tree house. In the city streets, a big demon goes to work as a draught animal inside a cool sword and a spinning coin demonstrates how Romeo and Juliette would have been lots more entertaining with a bit of luck injected into it. Also, a fat bloke dreams about making babies.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 21 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

She went and she left me like litter. She took all future summers with her. I lost all my money cuz I tried to bribe her. Now I can only afford an amateur sniper.

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:33 PM

It's threads like this that make me think that maybe, just maybe, i do like pistachio ice-cream.
I have always been tempted to organize my bookshelf autobiographically, so i can tell you how i got from THE HOBBIT to THOMAS COVENANT by way of the naked lady cover of THE DRAGONRIDERS OF PERN when i was thirteen.

#5 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:50 PM

GotM is overrated as an introduction to tMBotF, read Prelude to Foundation instead.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master that's all.'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users