• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fan Expo Toronto

#1 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:40 AM

Any of my fellow malazites going to fan expo next weekend? We could have a mini malaz meetup

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

There's no way I'm going to a fan expo for Toronto. One of the most racist Native American caricatures in pop culture history in my opinion.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:31 AM

View Postworry, on 30 August 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

There's no way I'm going to a fan expo for Toronto. One of the most racist Native American caricatures in pop culture history in my opinion.

You can't resist the allure of a four-speed oscillator, fully PAT tested and ready to cool your desk off. Admit it.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

View Postworry, on 30 August 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

what?

#5 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

Im assuming its a Tonto joke.

Myself I'm going to the fan blue jay. Expos are for Montreal (along with smoking and poutine)

This post has been edited by Nevyn: 04 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

I've been going to Fan Expo for like a decade now. We go every year, but the Wild Quick Tidal is an elusive prey: Translated: Too shy for any kind of meetups...but enjoy it. The crowds have gotten progressively more insane every year...and I think as of last year we outdid NYC Comic Con to become the second largest con in the world behind SDCC.

It's nuts.

I've already made two major finds/purchases: Funko Pop figures for the Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Doctors (the 10th and 11th were the last ones the booths had), and this morning by-proxy (AKA my buddy bought it while I'm at work) I got a Black Series First Order Stormtrooper figure from THE FORCE AWAKENS.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostNevyn, on 04 September 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

Myself I'm going to the fan blue jay. Expos are for Montreal (along with smoking and poutine)

I am probably the only one who got that joke, Nevyn, but for what it's worth, you forgot that we're also better looking.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostAbyss, on 04 September 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

I am probably the only one who got that joke, Nevyn, but for what it's worth, you forgot that we're also better looking.

Than Torontonians?

Low bar
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#9 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostNevyn, on 04 September 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 04 September 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Than Torontonians?

Low bar

Than everyone. Montreal has the bestest looking people. Also, smoking and poutine.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:16 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 September 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

I've been going to Fan Expo for like a decade now. We go every year, but the Wild Quick Tidal is an elusive prey: Translated: Too shy for any kind of meetups...but enjoy it. The crowds have gotten progressively more insane every year...and I think as of last year we outdid NYC Comic Con to become the second largest con in the world behind SDCC.

It's nuts.

I've already made two major finds/purchases: Funko Pop figures for the Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Doctors (the 10th and 11th were the last ones the booths had), and this morning by-proxy (AKA my buddy bought it while I'm at work) I got a Black Series First Order Stormtrooper figure from THE FORCE AWAKENS.

awww buzz kill man.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users