Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gamescom 2015 That other big video game expo

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:34 PM

Completely forgot about this. Thought it was in the weekend.

Microsoft is just about closing it's live event now.

Here's a Eurogamer article on the conferences and what to expect.

http://www.eurogamer...ouncements-4014

I'm interested in seeing if EA and Activision-Blizzard have anything interesting to show, but it's definitely Microsoft that is the main pull this year. They should be showing new footage of Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Quantum Break, etc.

Going to go watch that Microsoft conference now.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:09 PM

The Microsoft conference:

My thoughts in a spoiler box, updating as I watch:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Apt: 04 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

#3 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

I agree about not being sold on Quantum Break - looks like the sort of thing that would be fun initially, but grow old as a concept pretty quickly. I'm also always wary of game/tv tie-ins (anyone remember Defiance?) - they have a solid-looking cast, but my worry - from a gaming perspective - is that they spend more time and effort on the TV show than on the game.

Alpha footage shown of Crackdown 3 probably means we have a long wait still for that game. The 20x computational power thing - they specifically mentioned they're "harnessing the power of the Cloud" (ugh) for that, Apt. I'm sceptical.

Scalebound looks fun - from what they said the story sounds like you play a guy from our Earth (headphones) who's somehow transported to this world Draconis. The game didn't look to have quite the 'scale' evoked by the trailer from a year ago, but as I said, looks fun - Platinum games usually are.

They're pushing the Windows 10 integration features - hopefully that means more PC games coming to Xbone in the future.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 04 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

Eh, Defience was an MMO, Quantum Break is a story driven third person shooter. I believe in Remedy.

I have to say, considering the line up 2015 and 2016 looks really good for Microsoft. Meanwhile Sony looks like it has no fucking clue what it is doing. They have a massive lead in console sales and plenty of software sales but they are quite literally doing nothing to keep their lead or convince new customers to buy their platform. I wonder what they are thinking.

This post has been edited by Apt: 04 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

#5 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostApt, on 04 August 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

Eh, Defience was an MMO, Quantum Break is a story driven third person shooter. I believe in Remedy.

I have to say, considering the line up 2015 and 2016 looks really good for Microsoft. Meanwhile Sony looks like it has no fucking clue what it is doing. They have a massive lead in console sales and plenty of software sales but they are quite literally doing nothing to keep their lead or convince new customers to buy their platform. I wonder what they are thinking.

Maybe they're thinking: "We have a massive lead and people are still buying our consoles even without any exclusives, so let's just let our studios take their time making the games they want." Maybe :apt:

I forgot to say: Those Halo commentators were super annoying. But Halo itself might finally convince me to buy an Xbone.

Oh, and Cobalt looks so MEH. Stick to Minecraft, Mojang :apt:

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 04 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

#6 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

Oh, and forgot about the surprise announcement of Halo Wars 2. When they started, I thought it was going to be ODST 2. I actually just finished playing Halo Wars for the first time a couple of weeks back, and I quite enjoyed it, so looking forward to this.

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:16 PM

I would LOVE a Halo ODST 2. I thought the almost CSI like detective type of story telling was fascinating. But I think what with the characters from ODST popping up in Guardians the characters are too tied up unless they do a game set in the past.

Of course, it could be new characters but I doubt they'd do that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users