Malazan Empire: Can you help me summerize the main facts? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can you help me summerize the main facts?

#1 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

Hi,
Another excellent book bites the dust. More caracters and plots, and the picture is getting real big.
I'm about to start Night of Knives, but I think it would be a good idea to stop, take a step back and focus on the main facts up to now. Please add/correct if necessary:

- The Genebackis continent: the Panion domin is defeted by a combined army of Malazan, barghast, tiste andii and the warlord Caladan Brood. The result is the death of major part of Bridgeburnners (or not...) inclusive Whiskeyjack, and all are buried in the moonspawn fortress, which is sinking in the seas? The panion seer (jaghut) is liberated of the influence of the crippled god and is rejoined with sister. Their ice power is used (quickben's idea) to help Burn with the CG infection. To slow down it's effects. Kallor betrays and is confirmed as the House of Chains memeber (can't remember...). I have forgotten what happens to the matron k'chain che'malle Silverfox has no longer control of the t'lan imass, as these are freed by Itkovian. After carrying the soul of the wolf god, toc the younger is reborn in the bodyof Anaster. The wolf gods are reunited and reborn in a new realm/world that is Maybe's body (such as Burn). Fener god is replaced by Trake, and Treach made First sword. Tool is now freed from the ritual and human?
- Seven Cities: the whirlwind (part of a shattered elder warren) power and rebelion are crashed by raracku desert will plus chain of dogs spirits + (wtf) bridgeburners spirits!!! Karsa is made House of chains knight. Raracku desert is flooded again? Trull and Onrack are witness to the freed darkness hounds also something to do with Dragons in a warren, fight Tiste Liosan, and trull is raped? By Eresal.
- the empty throne island: cutter & apsalar meet Andarist, fight to protect the throne against Edur. Traveler arrives (this guy is big bad ass) and keeps sword of andarist, who dies?
Recent past: letheras: well... Edur conquer, rhulad emperor, mael/bugg awakens. Tehol keeps the memories. Brys will be guardian. Silchas ruin is freed. Kettle is alive and something big in her. The Crimson Guard appear and help. Iron Bars rocks! Toblakai Gods beaten up. Seren pedac helps all the grupo to flee...

Wow!!! My head hurts... What do you think? Did I miss much?

#2 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

Oh!! Forgot:

Mael frees Withal and is about to beat up the CG.

Gothos the jaghut freezes the lether continent, is the CG emisary or something similar... This guy is important...

Mapo and Icarium.. Heading somewhere but can't remember...

Damm, I now realize I missing things...

Must keep pushing I suppose...

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

Ummm... what was the question?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

Abyss, I guess you are right... I realize it may make little sense, but the main question is (if you manage to put things together) is my sum up of events correct?

#5 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostMist, on 30 July 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Gothos the jaghut freezes the lether continent, is the CG emisary or something similar... This guy is important...

I suspect you are mixing up Gothos with Gethol. They are actually brothers. Gethol was the Jaghut who was made Herald in the House of Chains, Gothos is the Jaghut who froze the Tiste/K'Chain battle scene on Lether and of whom you've also seen various quotes from his book 'Gothos' folly' which start of various chapters. Oh, and he's also Icarium's dad.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 30 July 2015 - 04:02 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:57 PM

Gorefest!

Thanks for that. It felt strange that the same caracter was both "friend" with Mael and the CG. It now makes sense.

There is also a Jaghut who is linked to a tree in HoC that meets Karsa in the Jagh Odan. Is he Related to Gothos?

#7 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Karsa meets a couple. There's cynnigig (male) and phyrlis (Female). Phyrlis is the one incorporated in a tree, because as a baby she was Speared by the t'lan imass, but unbeknownst to them the spear was driven into an old azath ground and a tree flowered. Icarium's bow and arrows are made from that tree's branches. The azath house that used to occupy the ground was destroyed by icarium, Who was trying to 'free' his father who was inside the house.
As far as i know, they are unrelated to Gothos.
Oh, the destruction of the house is supposedly also what caused the warren of shadow (emuhrlan) to weaken enough so it was eventually torn apart.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 30 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#8 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

Couple things: Trake and Treach are the same entity. Gruntle becomes Mortal Sword (not First Sword). Itkovian frees only one subset of T'lan Imass; there are plenty left in the world and Silverfox is still Summoner.

One thing you didn't mention is Paran as Master of the Deck, and the sanctioning of the House of Chains.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

Thanks Gorefest and Worry!

Yes, I did recall Paran and HoC, but forgot to mention.

So much going on!

Just started NoK, so will be back soon.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users