• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SE and ICE brainstorms I'm pretty sure SE is on acid...all the time

#1 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

I've just finished Willfull Child, and it is absolutely batshit insane! It's pulp scifi on acid, basically. We're talking killer kitten tornadoes and evil mecha-chickens. It really made me wonder what SE is really like when he writes his books, and it also made me think that ICE might be the sensible, grounded one of the two.
I'm pretty much now assuming that this how their brainstroming sessions go:

SE: Ian! I have this amazing idea!

ICE: Oh, boy, here we go...

SE: Just listen to this, listen here. Are you ready? Ok, here it comes: What if instead of the standard two races of elves, we have three?! And they're not elves, but kinda like elves, but only ten thousand times cooler, ok? And what if-

SE: - Ian, are you listening?

ICE: Yes, three types of elves-

SE: Not elves, but like really tall people, who live superlong, and are badass at fighting and can do magic and stuff! And some of them can turn into dragons, but not regular firebreathing dragons, but dragons who vomit magic, and maybe they also have hair? And one of them has a totally badass sword that...that eats souls, or something, like that sword in World of Warcraft, only this one is like 3.5 times cooler and will give it a dragon-y name like Draconis or something!

ICE: ok...

SE: Anyway, we have three types of elv-, no, lets call them something cool like Overlordic Beings of Eternal Night or whatever...and what if, are you listening, what if, what if, the white elves are the bad guys and the dark elves are the good guys?! Eh?

SE: And then the grey ones are pretty much all dicks, except for a few that I will make everyone love and then they'll feel bad for all the grey ones even though they're total dicks pretty much the entire time!! Are you writing this down, Ian?

ICE: Sure, Steven.

SE: Oh, and I also kinda want orcs, but not orcs, if you know what I mean? Like big, and strong and green, with big teeth and yellow eyes, but they're not orcs. This is very important, Ian. THEY'RE NOT ORCS!!

ICE: Godfuckingdammit, Steve...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SE: I just watched that movie Twister, with WhatshisFace and that actress that looks a lot like Jodie Foster, but isn't. Have you seen it?

ICE: Yes...

SE: And it gave me this idea-

ICE: No.

SE: But you haven't even heard it yet! It's really good, Ian, I swear. I pinky-swear!

ICE: Fine. Go ahead.

SE: What if we put a twister like the one in Twister in the book, only a hundred times bigger? In Twister the worst one is only like a Category 5, but I say we crank it all the way up to 11! And, and, and we put it in the desert so it's made of sand and stuff, and if someone, or something, is caught in it, which is going to happen ALL the time, they get their faces sanded off?

ICE: Ok, that does sound kinda cool. I'm surpr-

SE: But it's actually a magical twister conjured up by an old god, and then a bunch of crazy religious zealots uses it as a symbol for their rebellion, and their leader has Conan the Barbarian as a bodyguard, but we'll definitely call him something else as I'm pretty sure Conan is copyrighted, oh and he has a belt full of ears, which he has taken from the enemies he's killed, and then there's a giant horse, maybe some big-ass dogs, and I'm gonna go and put some really cool ghosts in there too. And I'm gonna write it from both sides so you can't really tell who the good guys and who the bad guys are, because really everyone is a bit of both and...are you writing this down? This stuff is golden! Eh?

ICE: ... Ste-

SE: Where was I? Oh yes, and then the rebellion sends its army through the twister, which is actually a magical portal, that can kill and maim people in horrible ways, and then they fight with some other guys! What if the leaders of both armies have some sort of duel? And what if they're women? AND WHAT IF THEY'RE RELATED?!?! It's going to be so tragic, Ian, you're defintely going to cry. You always cry.

ICE: One time, Steven!! It happened once!

SE: And the twister needs a cool name because we're writing fantasy after all. It is fantasy, right? Yeah, so, we call it the Twister of Doom, or The Tornado of a Thousand Deaths, or WAh WAh WAH Ian has Sand in his Mangina!

ICE: I'm going to bed now, Steven.

This post has been edited by Grimjust Bearegular: 07 July 2015 - 09:02 AM

Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

This post reminds of Abyss cirka 2007. Well done.

#3 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:06 AM

I'm getting strange deja vu.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#4 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

Hehehehe.... Ian has sand in his mangina definitely made me laugh more than it should have!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#5 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

That was golden!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:38 AM

Well, that livened up my morning!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#7 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:25 PM

They didnt talk about the other books, after coltaine they stopped discussing things??

#8 User is offline   koehkont 

• Sergeant

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

View Posttheocean, on 08 July 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

They didnt talk about the other books, after coltaine they stopped discussing things??

i.e. We want more!

#9 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

SE: Ian Ian I've got another one!

ICE: Oh god what is it now?

SE: What if the swords can laugh and stuff? Wouldn't that be so creepy, people would be freaking out if you attacked them with a gigglesword. I totally need to copyright that term today. And they can laugh oh and sing because we cut out their hearts. So cooool.

ICE: Swords don't... they don't have hearts Steven.

SE: Well no but it sounds awesome! People will believe it because it sounds awesome, and do you know why it sounds awesome Ian? Because it is.

ICE: Okay so... why would anyone ever use one of those?

SE: Oh come on you never wanted to use a clown as a weapon?

ICE: ..... I'm leaving now

SE: Wait I haven't even got to the best part! The swords had their hearts cut out because it makes them like super good against DRAGONS.

ICE: Oh fuck here we go again you and your dragon fetish.

SE: No no no it's totally PG this time honest! R18 at most. What if they laugh and sing more when they near dragons!

ICE: You mean like Sting from lord of the rings?

SE: Not at all like sting, but yes exactly! They even sing the most when you give them dragon blood baths! How cool is that? Oh and dragon blood baths also makes them stronger and they like cutting dragon flesh!

ICE: I think I'm going to be sick.

SE: You utter wuss! Everything makes you sick, you have never once said thank you for all the dragonsecks I have given you on your computer!

ICE: You download that stuff from illegal sites, it's repulsive and it always always has viruses!

SE: Blah blah blah you never stop! Oh but there is this one dragon killing singing sword that has a dragon inside it!

ICE: ... How exactly would a dragon fit inside a sword, is it a skyscraper or something?

SE: That isn't important! The point is the dragon will be hiding inside it and we will give the dragon killing swords to a half dragon - half dark el- eternal overmaster of dark things swordguy, that would be so sweet. But the thing is he thinks it is just a regular sword that wants to kill him but then we will have something AWESOME happen like just before the sword kills him THREE DRAGONS come out of it!

ICE: Steven... how on EARTH can three fucking dragons fit inside a sword?

SE: God it's magic Ian we have flying cities and gods and little dead girls running around and undead pirate women who have sex organs installed! (Remember all that slash fiction you wrote hiding up in your room?) and you choose to get pissy about three dragons fitting in a sword! Okay, alright, there are some chain things that drop out of the sword and fall into the ground and suddenly the dragons erupt from the ground in front of him! Oh my god I'm a genius.

ICE: I'm leaving Steven, I'm taking my slash fiction and I'm LEAVING.

This post has been edited by Inane Babble: 08 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

#10 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostApt, on 07 July 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

This post reminds of Abyss cirka 2007. Well done.

Yes, 2007 Abyss was awesome! Maybe this will bring him back :)

And thank you :ermm:

View Postkoehkont, on 08 July 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

View Posttheocean, on 08 July 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

i.e. We want more!

Haha, don't get your panties in a twist, there will be more! Looks like Inane Babble has already picked up where I left off ;)
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#11 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

SE: Iiiiiiiian...

ICE: ...

SE: Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiian...

SE: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICE: WHAT?????

SE: What do you think of this:

ICE: NO! Please no more!

SE: No, no, no, hear me out, this is a real good one!

ICE: *sigh* Fine, go ahead...

SE: So, think of a mountain. Only this mountain can fly...

ICE: I am so done with this. I'm going to go wrestle a grizzly.

SE: No, but wait, the flying mountain has a city inside it that used to be rules by dinsosaurs with swords for arms that are now undead except in some parts of the world and the dinosaurs have big fat mothers who cry because their children won't stop fighting with each other and some of the dinosaurs can fly too but not all of them and it turns out they are the biggest threat to the world but then it turns out they aren't the real bad guys but just want to live again and the actual real bad guys are these people who just want peace but the only way to get peace is to kill everyone!

SE: Ian?

SE: IAN??

SE: Iiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#12 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 09 July 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

SE: Iiiiiiiian...

SE: Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiian...

SE: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICE: WHAT?????

SE: "Danger Zone".

#13 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

Don't get it.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#14 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

Archer ref.

#15 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostMaark, on 09 July 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Don't get it.

Go download a season of Archer. You'll either love it or hate it.

#16 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

For the uninitiated...

There's a bunch of them on Netflix. I got & appreciated the reference Apt. :ermm:
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users