Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Most badass moments?

#1 User is offline   Sturds 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

Just thought I would create this topic due to general interest, what are you favourite moments within all of the Malazan novels? The most badass fights, last stands, revelations; anything that had you instantly re-reading to experience again what you just read?

#2 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

First comes to mind the fight when the Tiste Edur try to take the Throne of Shadow. Basically Icarium vs all kinds of badasses, each one more badass than the last. Especially in the end, after the fight's over and Cotillion arrives and says he would have been the next in line. I was just like "WAAAAH! EPIC!" while simultaneously worried that it might not have been enough.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

I'll try to restrict myself to one per book, but it's hard....

GotM: Five dragons fly in formation, swoop down on Raest... Raest proceeds to kick all their scaly asses.

DG: Kalam at Malaz Island. Stabbed, weak, half drowned... and he goes HUNTING FOR CLAW.

MoI: The second hand retelling of The Child Banner story. And everything about the finale.

HoC: Karsa vs the Deragoth.

MT: Brys taking out Rhulad.

NoK: The second hand retelling of Dancer protecting Kellanved vs Laseen's ambush.

TB: Everyone (but especially Trull) vs Icarium.

RG: "Not your fight... FUCKING DRAGON!"

RCG: Laseen. At the end.

TtH: "TURN IT AROUND!"

SW: Bars on the Stormwall.

DoD: "HAIL THE MARINES!"

TCG: The whole frikkin book.

OST: When the Second finally gets angry and basically liquifies a bunch of people with his sword.

BnB: Kallor's soldiers taking the wall.

Assail: Malazan sappers vs Jaghut Ice Age.

FoD: The ranger setting Olar Ethil on fire.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

TCG: Hood, climbs a melting giant hill of cracking ice up the spire...then on the Spire chucking that FA around (Hulk Style) with a sentence in single words matching the impacts I. have had. enough. of. your. justice!

Seriously, that's possible the most badass bit in the entire series.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:23 PM

The Mhybe raging at the sacrifices she's forced to bear is awesome enough, but Coll and Murillio subsequently dedicating themselves to her care as the cruelties of that sacrifice progressively rear their head is just awesome. They do their best to bring a little dignity to life in hospice while all the big bad tough guys are off doing their fancy, important sword and magic tricks.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

Where do I start? Too many to mention! = everyone's thoughts at reading the question :p

Overall, I appreciate the funny moments or scenes of individual sacrifice far more then battles

Off the top of my head in random order...

*Beak's sacrifice - one could see it coming, the sense of inevitability is there all along, and then, the scene was achingly beautiful in it's other worldliness...
*Baby Koryk, baby Smiles... - Bottle provides a lot of entertainment throughout
*Hood and Roach... oh for a picture of those moments!!!
*The entire aftermath of Y'Ghatan - the tunnelling, Faradan Sort's actions, Grub getting an entire fleet held up and more
*The Bridgeburners - the interactions between them whether in battle, in K'rul's bar or when about as individuals... classic
*Raest getting a dead cat and naming it Tufty
*Paran - he grew on me and when he started taking no nonsense from the Ascendants and Gods, fantastic moments
*Quick Ben - who is this guy????

... well, the list could go on for ever, but I have got work to do so leave it at that... for now :p

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:09 PM

View Postworry, on 30 June 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

The Mhybe raging at the sacrifices she's forced to bear is awesome enough, but Coll and Murillio subsequently dedicating themselves to her care as the cruelties of that sacrifice progressively rear their head is just awesome. They do their best to bring a little dignity to life in hospice while all the big bad tough guys are off doing their fancy, important sword and magic tricks.

The part I always loved about that scene was them preparing to fight Hood to protect her.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8 User is offline   The Hust Legion 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:20 PM

the bridge burners fighting through the kell hunters and then the pannion forces at the end of MoI was pretty damn badass.
and yedan fighting the sole taken you've got to have balls to go up against a dragon.. ( a hust blade helps enormously).
spinnock vs kallor.

This post has been edited by The Hust Legion: 02 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

#9 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

Gardens: Pale Mage fight / Rake vs Demon Lord / Rallick Fete duel
Dead house Gates: Icarium "GRYLLEN HE WAS WARNED" / Kalam vs Claw / Coltaine
Memories: Tool vs Mok / Whiskeyjacks death / Reunion of the Jaghut with his little sister
House of Chains: Karsa orlong getting punched / Karsa Orlong killing one of his gods/ Karsa Orlong Killing Deragoth/ Corrabb Surviving the sharper in his lap XD
Midnight Tides: Iron Bars casually murdering the emperor without realising it / Trull and his flight in the snow / Rhulad vs Brys
Bonehunters: Y'ghatan / Iskaral Pust vs Dhejim / Karsa Orlong vs K'Chain / Icarium Vs everyone / Kalam vs Everyone :ermm: / Fist Paran vs Poliel
Reapers Gale: Karsa Vs Rhulad / Karsa Sparring ;) / Marines going through Lether forest / "Fucking Dragons"!
Toll the Hounds: Karsa in any scene with Traveller and Samar getting increasingly frustrated at their Bromance / Anomander vs Dassem / Convergence in general is excellent
Dust of Dreams: Marines vs K'Chain
The Crippled God: Hood biting face, Hood body slam / Gesler punching Forkrul Assail / Kalam and Quick's assault on the Pure in the camp / Whiskey jack and Korlat

Knight of Knives: when Kiska sees Dancer / When she hears what's going on above
ROTKG: The duels between Dassem/ Greymane and Skinner/ and the fight against Ryllandaras
Stoneweilder: Iron Bars
OST: Seguleh scenes and that's it really
Blood and Bone: Skinner Vs the weird metal framework monster / Kallor being an arsehole
Assail: Jethiss

Forge: The Jaghut

#10 User is offline   ssaabbuu 

• Recruit

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

Definetly whe QB unleashes his warrens over Bauchelain!!! Love it when QB simply says"But Bauchelain, I did it." BOOM!

Ohh! And in the same book, when Picker and some bridgeburners arw being chased by K'Chain and Tool appears killing them. Then Picker says "After him! Looks like the safest place to be is in that thing's shadow."

This post has been edited by ssaabbuu: 05 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

#11 User is offline   Kellanved's shadow 

• The blade in the shadow
  • Interests:being king of high house shadow
    ordering Cotillion
    ordering the Hounds
    commanding shadows (oh wait I am a shadow)

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:59 AM

Gardens: Blues vs Lorn/Raest vs dragons/Anomander vs demon king/everything with QB ad Kalam

DG: fall of Coltaine/everything with Iskaral Pust/Fiddler and the spirit walker/Kalam vs claw

MOI: Itkovien/the fall of Capustan/Black Coral/everything with Tok and Envy/The Bridgeburners

HOC: Karsa vs Derangoth/everything with Fiddler and Bottle/Karsa and the Jaghut

MT: everything exept for Udines and Feather Witch

BH: Kalam & Tavore & T'amber vs claw/Y'gatan/everything with High the badass Fist Paran/Deck of Dragons drinking game

RG: Beak/ the arrival of the Malazan's/Clip being a dick to Silchas/ Silchas vs Trull/ Fucking Dragons/Tehol and Bug (goes without saying)

TtH: Sinnok vs Kallor/Dassem vs Anomander/ Anomander inside Dragnipur/Clip being an idiot and getting possessed

DoD: The Wall of Iron/Dracones returning/the Deck of Dragons game

CG: everything

KoK: Tayshcrenn shitting himself when Dancer arrives/Dassems fall

RotCG: Surly being badass/ everything with Urko/ the assault on Unta/ the finale battle/
"I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?"
"Yes" said Brood , "you never learn".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users