Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finished, have questions...

#1 User is offline   Disgruntled 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

Q1 - I inferred that the dead Bridgeburners ascended, but that the living ones would have to wait. Yet the glossary shows Apsalar as an ascendant, and she is living at the end of the book, no? Or was her departure from Crokus symbolic of death somehow?. Must ascendancy be preceded/accompanied by death?

Q2 - Perhaps senility grasped me since finishing MoI, but were the infected warrens cleaned up by the end of the book, and I just forgot how that was resolved? Characters in HoC were flying through warrens like nobody's business, but I can't for the life of me recall when or how the infections were cleared.

This post has been edited by Disgruntled: 01 May 2015 - 01:16 PM

#2 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostDisgruntled, on 01 May 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Q1 - I inferred that the dead Bridgeburners ascended, but that the living ones would have to wait. Yet the glossary shows Apsalar as an ascendant, and she is living at the end of the book, no? Or was her departure from Crokus symbolic of death somehow?. Must ascendancy be preceded/accompanied by death?

Can't be sure from memory and without the book in front of me, but I have a feeling that's referring to the Goddess of Thieves Apsalar, who Sorry-Apsalar is named after.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#3 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

View PostDisgruntled, on 01 May 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

The Apsalar you are thinking of was named after another one who is an ascendant.

Q2 - Perhaps senility grasped me since finishing MoI, but were the infected warrens cleaned up by the end of the book, and I just forgot how that was resolved? Characters in HoC were flying through warrens like nobody's business, but I can't for the life of me recall when or how the infections were cleared.

This is by memory so could be wrong but I seem to remember the infection of the warrens being more of a local effect due to the Panion domin and the influence of the CG there.

This post has been edited by Nevyn: 01 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#4 User is offline   BellaGrace 

• Witness

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

Apsalara is the ascendant/thief Goddess as others said.

I don't remember the details or even which book it happened it, but the warrens were healed because Quick Ben was involved with the stone giants underground and some witch and they fixed things to slow the poisoning of the warrens. I know that's super vague, but maybe it's enough to jog your memory about it.
I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
Richard P. Feynman

#5 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

The Crippled God was chained - to Burn. So he was spreading poison into her, which in turn began to affect the warrens.

QB realised the 'heat' from this poison inside Burn was destroying the structure.. represented by the melting giants, and making the warrens unusable. So at the end of MoI he transfers Pannion into Burns infection - as being a Jaghut, he can use the cold of Omtose Phellack to slow and eventually halt the spread of the CGs poison.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users