• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Trailer

#1 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

So the trailer has leaked a few days early.

http://io9.com/every...rman-1698392005

And you know what? I don't know if it's the fact that yesterday's STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS teaser was SO GOOD and well cut...or the fact that Marvel makes (fairly decent and exciting trailers for their films...albeit too many of them) or that the TV show "next time" teasers for FLASH and ARROW are so good...

But this...man this just leaves me cold. I want to be excited about this one, but whoever cut this teaser together (whether it was Zack Snyder or someone else)....really should be ashamed of this. For me, as a fan of DC comics (and the CW tv shows)...this should excite me...but it simply doesn't.

I still have hope for the movie of course....but this teaser is a mistep in my eyes.

What do you guys think?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

It's a bit blurry obviously and the trailer's quite dark anyway but from what I can see I like it. They appear to be doing what people said they need to and confronting the consequences of the rampage through Metropolis.

But then, I thought the Star Wars trailer was average. So I didn't have any boosted comparisons.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#3 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 17 April 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

It's a bit blurry obviously and the trailer's quite dark anyway but from what I can see I like it. They appear to be doing what people said they need to and confronting the consequences of the rampage through Metropolis.

But then, I thought the Star Wars trailer was average. So I didn't have any boosted comparisons.

See, I want some lighty and brighty. Superman and Batman should be like Oliver and Barry on FLASH and ARROW...brooding and dark is Batman's territory...light, bright, and daylight is Superman's. It's TOO dark and grim for me.

I don't mind the message, or them dealing with the aftermath of Superman and Zod's fight in Metropolis...that makes sense and I'm glad they are doing it...but this teaser is just all dark and brooding. There is no light. No hope. The MoS trailers may have been washed out colourwise...but at least they had some hope.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

I'm reasonably certain that this film will have them start off as enemies and become allies and begin their friendship later, so I'm not surprised there's no light-heartedness between them in the trailer. I think the film will start off dark and then bring the hope at the end. Probably with Superman inspiring Bats in some way.

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

Oh you're probably right. I'm just being grumbly, as I want this flick to be awesome.

#6 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 April 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

View Postpolishgenius, on 17 April 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

See, I want some lighty and brighty. Superman and Batman should be like Oliver and Barry on FLASH and ARROW...brooding and dark is Batman's territory...light, bright, and daylight is Superman's. It's TOO dark and grim for me.

I don't mind the message, or them dealing with the aftermath of Superman and Zod's fight in Metropolis...that makes sense and I'm glad they are doing it...but this teaser is just all dark and brooding. There is no light. No hope. The MoS trailers may have been washed out colourwise...but at least they had some hope.

Your not going to see lighty and brightly. Snyder is on record saying that he is going to go the Frank Miller "The Dark Knight Returns" route. Which is not light and bright. But which is classic Miller and dark and gritty and extremely violent. I like some of Millers stuff for bringing a grittyness into relationship. But most of millers stuff always goes over the edge into violent just for the sake of violence.

Batman and Superman only became friends after they were advisaries. I expect this movie to be decent. But not brilliant (GOTG). I think that there is going to be fall out from the failed invasion and that Lex is going to be wagging a massive campaign against Superman and trying to use Batman to help him. Until Batman figure the shit out and works with Sups to put lex down.

I think that they should have gone a little lighter but they are having to compete against a already set in place Marvel word with multiple franchise churing out billions doing snappy one liners and massive fights. Avengers started off light and is steadily moving dark. I suspect that DC thought if they start off dark and then move (as the whole Justice league gets set into place) move to a lighter banter it would help to separate the series and provide a counter point to what marvel is doing.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#7 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:07 AM

http://io9.com/watch...glor-1698584123

I actually didn't mind it.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#8 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:10 AM

Seeing it properly - yeah, I really like it. Dark, yeah, but it looks cool as hell, and it looks like there'll be some solid material to sink one's teeth into. There's been a lot of criticism of DC and the way they've gone about rivaling Marvel but I like that they're taking risks and attempting to tackle something a bit more complex. And these questions of responsibility and hero-worship are very much ones to ask in a Superman origin story (which this still is to an extent).

#9 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

Eh, I watched this before the Star Wars one and was unimpressed. Granted, it's a teaser, but there is almost nothing in there that strikes me. Dark. Consequences. Rain. Meh. Not that I'm expecting or hoping necessarily for something nice and light or anything either - just that if you're going to do that to a teaser it should have something with impact. I feel like the "False God" graffiti was supposed to be that, but it really wasn't. I expect more from the next teaser/trailer, a lot more.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#10 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:14 AM

I've got thoughts on this, I do, I really do. But all I could think of was that I really, really hope that Supes will stomp Batman hard, real hard!

I hated the DKR story for several reasons. One, it was okay, nut really that good. Two, while Superman is bigger on my like list than Batman, he's not that far up the hierarchy (I'm more of a Marvel fan, though I like both) I really don't like it when a writer shits all over a character because he doesn't like that character, which is what he did with the Batman/Superman fight.

But I doubt it, Snyder decides to do a Batman versus Superman movie as Man of Steel 2, and he chooses the DKR as the basis for the story...Yeah, he's going to take a big steamy pile of shit on Superman in his own movie. And people will applaud him for it.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#11 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

One would think DC had been smart enough to give their flagship project to someone more competent than Snyder. At least we know the movie we'll get will be pretty but rain-puddle levels of shallow.

It is a shame though, as I liked the trailer. Or, perhaps I simply read too much into it. Superman as an icon, or better yet, a god, has always been the more interesting angle for that character, to me at least. Kingdom Come is probably my favourite Superman comic for that very reason. So, when the trailer pointed in that direction I was excited, but if Snyder is the director I know it'll be an awful attempt and fall entirely flat.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#12 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

In the high def version I realized one of the voices we hear is Neil DeGrasse Tyson...and another...is Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.

#13 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

Plus Jeremy Irons' Alfred and the actress who voiced Elastigirl in THE INCREDIBLES...can't think of her name.

Anyway, it looks good to me, I can't wait. Snyder has rolled some turds in his career but WATCHMEN and MAN OF STEEL are two of my favorite movies of all time.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#14 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 18 April 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

One would think DC had been smart enough to give their flagship project to someone more competent than Snyder.

I have to wonder; when exactly did Snyder's reputation go so completely down the pan? Most of his films are silly but the only one he's made that's actually bad is Sucker Punch (well, I've not seen that owl one), and Watchmen apart from the fiddling with the ending was really good (so was Man of Steel, but less people have the correct opinion there ;)). Much like JJ Abrams with Stars both Trek and Wars, he's a relatively safe pair of hands, even though he's not a filmmaking genius. And he knows how to do spectacle.

#15 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

PG is right, I like all Snyders films except SUCKER PUNCH. I don't get the haters. His competence is in EXACTLY this milieu (that of superheroes and genre).

#16 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

huh, I liked Sucker Punch...

#17 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 18 April 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 18 April 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

One would think DC had been smart enough to give their flagship project to someone more competent than Snyder.

I have to wonder; when exactly did Snyder's reputation go so completely down the pan? Most of his films are silly but the only one he's made that's actually bad is Sucker Punch (well, I've not seen that owl one), and Watchmen apart from the fiddling with the ending was really good (so was Man of Steel, but less people have the correct opinion there ;)). Much like JJ Abrams with Stars both Trek and Wars, he's a relatively safe pair of hands, even though he's not a filmmaking genius. And he knows how to do spectacle.

Wait, what other than 300 did he make that was anything other than average at best?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#18 User is offline   Vaddon Ra 

• Fist

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

It's a teaser so... It's not as if it made me squirm.. and to be honest I was surprised at Batman being put in cinema again so soon..

However; I actually thought it looked far better than I thought it had any right to. Man of Steel was OK but it needed some violent editing because that last half an hour became so relentless it was boring. I don't really like Ben Affleck at all, but that one shot at the end

"Tell me... do you bleed"?

I have to say I got a little excited.

Fingers crossed that its a great film ;)

#19 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

So, while it's based on the famous The Dark Knight Returns story, I really hope that it has a bit of Lex Luthor: Man of Steel mixed in aswell. In that one, it's Lex who manipulates Batman into fighting Superman, which seems like something that's right up LL's alley, what with him believing that Superman is the greatest threat to human progress and accomplishment.

#20 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 20 April 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

So, while it's based on the famous The Dark Knight Returns story, I really hope that it has a bit of Lex Luthor: Man of Steel mixed in aswell. In that one, it's Lex who manipulates Batman into fighting Superman, which seems like something that's right up LL's alley, what with him believing that Superman is the greatest threat to human progress and accomplishment.

When I learnt this I was unhappy. The movie already exists!

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users