• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

X-men: Apocalypse

#1 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

Hmmmm. Kinda surprised I couldn't find a thread here already regarding this flick.

I just wanted to post that I'm geeking out that Olivia Munn is playing Psylocke.

"So hot, want to touch the hiney."
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#2 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

She's eye candy for sure, but a horrible actor. A piss poor choice for Psylocke in my opinion.

#3 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

Never saw the Newsroom. I saw her in some crappy horror movie, the name of which escapes me. Anyway, I was not impressed. She uses that shitty actor technique that I call "constipation face" to convey emotion (see Minka Kelly too).

#4 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

I haven't seen her in too many acting roles.

Iron man 2 cameo was kind of sub par if I remember correctly.
I only saw her for like 30 seconds of Magic Mike ;) Wasn't really paying attention to the acting there, but I don't think it rubbed me the wrong way (no pun intended :D )

She was good on Attack of the Show, but that's not really acting I guess. Don't think I've seen her in anything else.

I think she'll do fine with the Psylocke role. I'm going to guess that they aren't going to make it one of the major roles in the movie anyways. Probably about equal to Emma Frost / January Jones (edit: in X-Men:First Class).

This post has been edited by Bulwyf: 17 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#5 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

There was like a 30 second teaser at SDCC too, but unlike the Deadpool/Batman v Superman, it seems like it's been taken down everywhere I look :ermm:

Has anyone seen it?
anyone know of a link that's still up?

Sounded as if it was quite awesome.

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

Never even heard it got leaked. I haven;'t heard anywhere it's up.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

I saw like a 5 second portion of it, :ermm:

it was an instagram vid, w/ only the bottom right of the screen showing ;)

MUST SEE IT ALL NOW!

#8 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

wobbly bootleg version of the trailer, if you can see it before it's taken down:

Yum yum gimme some!

#9 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

Great find! That looks pretty damned good. And in fact if it's on par with DofP quality...it should rock our socks.

Let's hope the girl playing Young Storm (mohawk FTW!) brings more to that role that Halle Berry ever did.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

Is Angel in it? I don't need Archangel, I just wanna see Apocalypse break some people.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

Who do we think the Four Horsemen will be? Random mutants? Established characters?

#12 User is offline   Lusipher 

• Talon Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • View gallery

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostApt, on 13 July 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

Who do we think the Four Horsemen will be? Random mutants? Established characters?

Going by the trailer, it looks like Magneto, Angel, Psylocke, and Storm will be the Horsemen. Not sure who each are, but if I had to guess, I'd say Angel is Death, Magneto is War, Storm is Famine, and Psylocke is Pestilence

#13 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:40 PM

View Postworry, on 13 July 2015 - 08:41 PM, said:

Is Angel in it? I don't need Archangel, I just wanna see Apocalypse break some people.

Singer posted a production photo a while back of mechanical wings. It's gonna be Archangel.

#14 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:29 PM

Attached File  exmenapocalypseewcover_large.jpg (232.93K)
Number of downloads: 5

#15 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

Is that REALLY the look they chose for Apocalypse? I mean I know weird, round helmet face with blue lips and squiggly cheek lines might look bizarre, but come on.

Psylocke and Magneto on the other hand look dead on. I love that they have the psychic knife thingy on the cover.

EDIT: So that IS Olivia Munn. I've never been that enamored with her but her climb is still interesting.

This post has been edited by Apt: 16 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

#16 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

View PostApt, on 16 July 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

Is that REALLY the look they chose for Apocalypse? I mean I know weird, round helmet face with blue lips and squiggly cheek lines might look bizarre, but come on.

Psylocke and Magneto on the other hand look dead on. I love that they have the psychic knife thingy on the cover.

EDIT: So that IS Olivia Munn. I've never been that enamored with her but her climb is still interesting.

Apocalypse has multi-forms and can manipulate his own body at will. The actor said he was playing him in multiple forms. See attached pic of him from the post-credit scene in DofP when he was still very young in ancient Egypt. Normal human form.

At a guess, this means that the one on the cover is his normal human form and that they will hulk CGI him out for the big Apocalypse form. EDIT: It also explains the cavernous half empty head-cowl thingie....when he hulks out to big form his face will fill the mask looking MUCH more like the Apocalypse we are all used to.

Attached File  latest.png (406.26K)
Number of downloads: 4

That is indeed Olivia Munn.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 July 2015 - 06:56 PM

#17 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 July 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

Ed: also that looks no where near what Apo looks like. I'm fairly dissatisfied with that look.

Apocalypse has a human form, he's just rarely in it is all, I think that's all we're seeing as of now.

From the Marvel website description:

He can control of his body on the molecular level and structure-- allowing him to shape change and elongate with virtually unlimited range, to increase density and allow his body to mimic metals and armors, to teleport, and to be virtually immune to the effects of age. Apocalypse can also increase and enhance his strength to levels surpassing that of the Incredible Hulk. Apocalypse can grow to giant sizes, and gain the power of flight, sometimes through turning his arms into wings or jets. Apocalypse can also transform himself into a variety of human disguises.

#18 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:38 PM

Apolcalypse pic's so far look terrible.

Not Hard to pull off..

Make a Zombie. Put him in 40k Armor. Add cool accessory cables as needed!
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#19 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:07 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 16 July 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

Make a Zombie. Put him in 40k Armor. Add cool accessory cables as needed!

So, make him look like a Mechanicus?
meh. Link was dead :(

#20 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:08 PM

http://newnoisemagaz...comiccon201438/

Here's a cosplay outfit...
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users