This post has been edited by .-‘: 05 October 2021 - 11:42 PM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostBriar King, on 06 April 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

I said I'd do this if ep4 was good.

I don't expect massive pgs counts here but if your looking for a fun show try this one on E! Channel.

It's a fictional family story following the Royal family of UK. There's sex, drugs, followed by even more sex and drugs. It's just a fun watch Sunday nights.

Goodbye

Since you were all alone on this thread...

I only watched this show 'cause my wife wanted to check it out and we usually enjoy (and watch) the same shows together. (Scandal is a notable exception; I finally had enough the beginning of the current season.) I was surprised The Royals was as entertaining as it was. Good actors all the way around with the central plot device being the King debating letting the people vote on abolishing the monarchy after his eldest son and heir dies. I've always thought Liz Hurley was pretty hot and she plays the Queen biotch to the hilt. Eleanor, the twin sister of the "new" heir, Liam, is the most riveting to watch; she is just a train wreck to the max! I got a pretty good laugh when she went to the old folks' home loaded on ecstasy. The hate/hate relationship between she and her mother, the Queen, gets pretty vicious.

I agree the 5th episode was a little toned down, as you said, although there was still sex and drugs, but less than previous episodes. If you don't expect anything but pure entertainment, this show is a pretty enjoyable watch, so far.

#3 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostBriar King, on 20 April 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

Ah ep 6 was back on track. Lots of things happening and most of them funny. It started great with the twins lol.

Just watched Ep 6 last night, Thought for sure you weren't going to like it for the same reasons as Ep 5. Especially with Eleanor's "diplomatic bag" (lol) going missing. I forgot to mention the King's brother's twins; they're some comic relief for sure! Wonderful smugglers, they are! Pretty funny when the guy that won Ashok's McClaren wouldn't give it back for some time the "virgin" twin. It looked like he would've considered it for Eleanor. (Who wouldn't??) So there is a clear theme emerging that almost every member of the royal family is in love with someone they're not or can't be with, which adds to their "misery". Although, so far, it appears the King doesn't have someone on the side... yet. Possibly Prudence at some point?

#4 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:16 AM

WELL!!

#5 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostBriar King, on 29 April 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:

Certainly predictable outcome ever since ep 1! I enjoyed the hell out of it. This show has become a really great treat every Sunday night. I hope more people are watching this or start watching this. I'm still curious to get a UK opinion on this.

True. The question is, of course, who did it? The brother is the obvious first choice, but there are multiple choices in the family after the way the King kind of leveled them all. My wife and I LOVED the way he absolutely unloaded on his wife and brother. Didn't expect him to go that far but, Brilliant! I'm quite curious what he wanted to show Liam. And what's with the playing-card-King cufflink (I believe?) that fell out of the King and Queen's bed when Eleanor sat on it? I cannot recall who was wearing them at the garden party, I think. Might've been the King himself. A listening device, perhaps?

#6 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostBriar King, on 29 April 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

I thought it was Jaspers from Vegas?

You may be right; I cannot recall who had them. I thought of Jasper 'cause it would make sense, it being in that bed, but then I thought it would be awfully pretentious to wear "King" cuff links when you work security for the King and his family.

#7 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

Okay the cufflinks were jacks not kings and they were Jasper's. Another very impressive episode. I cannot believe I'm saying that about a show on the E! network. I KNOW this show is really nothing but a royal family (fictitious, no less) soap opera, or drama at best, but its acted very well and the writers must be credited too. I had no expectations when this show started and maybe that helps. I just know it keeps my attention start to finish and not many shows manage that for very long. I've walked away from several other shows this year.

#8 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:14 AM

Princess Eleanor is SO Badass! She is my favorite character on this show. I have to give credit to the writers again; they've kept track of plot inside plot inside plot to this point very well. Every time I think there can't be anything more, there's three more things! Only one more episode. :rolleyes:

#9 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

I don't know that that's a ruse. They showed enough of the Queen and her love-before-she-married-the-King to make it SEEM real at least. And she set herself up (with Nigel from the monarchy abolishment group) to be Queen with the twins out of the picture in the event Cyrus gets his. How twisted do you have to be to tell your own daughter that her older brother committed suicide when he didn't?

#10 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostBriar King, on 12 May 2015 - 01:37 AM, said:

It may not be true but we ve seen just how conniving she can be and I can see her setting up Cyrus with that golden nugget of info. She is undeniably the more devious of the 2. It d be right up her alley to do.

Agreed. Those two deserve to be stuck with each other. Gotta love the blatant honesty between Cyrus and his daughters! They tell him to his face they hope he dies soon since they are next in line to the throne now, and he basically calls them dumb to their faces in return! Hmmm, are his daughters twins as well?? If they are, you may be onto something with Liam and Eleanor and their new "illegitimacy". I'm pretty sure twins run in families, so if Cyrus' daughters are twins, it would seem likelier that Liam and Eleanor ARE the King's after all. But that's pretty common knowledge so that seems like a weak play when holes can so easily be poked into that story. Now, unless this new mystery man is involved with one or both of them in some plan to cast all kinds of shadows on Robert's death, (to what end, I don't know) something bizarre is going on with that, too. Until he told Eleanor in the elevator that he was the one who killed Robert, I was wondering if they were going to go with a Pat Tillman type of scenario...

#11 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

Yes there is plenty to build on for a 2nd season. I found most of what happened in the finale fairly predictable. There is no end to the ruthlessness of the Queen and the new "King". Hope Liam has some of his Dad's dna somewhere; he and Eleanor are going to need it to prove their paternity at some point down the road. I give this 1st season a B+ or even an A for being so surprisingly entertaining (and introducing us to Eleanor!).

#12 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:47 PM

I'm so angry that
Spoiler

Be Your Own Hero

#13 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

I'm from the Netherlands :)
Be Your Own Hero

#14 User is online   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:47 AM

My goodness, but you watch a lot of TV. You should make a list, or excel spreadsheet, or something.

Maybe even some sort of SFF/non-mainstream TV blog/vlog/whatever, considering your tastes as seen in this subforum. :(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#15 User is offline   Lycaenion 

• Captain

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:47 AM

Probably because the actress wanted out? Anyways, the surgery story at least tried to make it seem plausible XD
Be Your Own Hero

#16 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostRaging Cajun Gator King, on 19 January 2016 - 01:35 AM, said:

Ok S2 is over. I really enjoyed it. I was very worried this show would be a one season wonder but S2 brought it. I still really hate what they did with Ted Price arc. I raised my brows on that last minute to. The timeline of that is strange. S3 is out this fall and I can't wait.
W

We had two episodes on the dvr last night and watched one, so I'm assuming the other is the finale. (Ep 10, I think?) I'm enjoying the show still, but its not at the level of S1 to me. I don't know if the writing has gotten too ambitious and they've tried to go too many places at once or what, but...

I agree about the whole Ted Price angle. Why is he seeing his dead wife everywhere this season? Was that happening at all in S1 when Ophelia was around? I don't recall so. The death of the King triggered it? Idk...

The reveal of the King's history prior to marrying Helena (and the whole domino thing) was rather interesting but I could take or leave many of the other developments that occurred.

I'll wait to see the last ep but as I said, this show seems to have lost a little something. Last season it was immediate Monday night (night after airing) watching. This season its: "oh yeah, we have that to watch" but it could be a day or two later. Still love Eleanor!

#17 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

Just finally started watching this. Only done the first ep of S1 so far, but love the characters, the tone and style. Scripted well, and enjoyably acted.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

No worries, I'll stay away till I catch up
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#19 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 April 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

No worries, I'll stay away till I catch up

I totally agree with BK; I'll be very surprised if you don't love all of S1. The Royals was the surprise gem-out-of-nowhere for my wife and I.

#20 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:17 PM

We finally got a chance to finish up S2 last night.

What a great finale!

I can't believe that Ophelia's dad's story went that way! Holy crap!

Also, since we never saw Violet actually die...I wonder if she's kicking around somewhere still and Price just lied to Cyrus?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 02 June 2016 - 01:17 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users