Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"They all cast shadows..." SPOILERS

#1 User is offline   Dayspring 

• Nathan Dayspring Grey Summers
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:04 AM

The scene at the First Throne, where Panek says to Cotillion " 'They all cast shadows, Uncle. Into your realm. Every one of them. That's why there's so many...prisoners.' 'Cotillion frowned, then, slowly, inexorably, as comprehension dawned, the god's eyes widened.'" What did Cotillion realize? He had already visited Kalse Eloth and Ampelas in the Shadow Realm earlier in the book...did he realize that the dragons imprisoned in Shadow might still be active in other realms?
Witness

#2 User is offline   The_Blind_Scout 

• Recruit

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

Chapter 17

Cotillion is so surprised because Shadow realm became more vast than he previously thought. I believe what Panek implied was that many of the prisoners are 'reflections' of the actual state of the dragons, i.e. if a dragon is imprisoned in another warren, it also appears imprisoned in Shadow.

if so, it could make Shadow a much bigger force to contend with if Shadow also had the power to release them?!

#3 User is offline   Dayspring 

• Nathan Dayspring Grey Summers

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

Mmm, good theory but I don't think it fits. From what I can tell/remember, Cotillion and Shadowthrone don't do anything to the effect of mass releasing prisoners of Shadow.
Witness

#4 User is offline   The_Blind_Scout 

• Recruit

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

Thanks.

Only have an ephemeral theory, but I wanted to allude that Shadow may be connected to every realm far more intrinsically/ intrusively than what original denizens may know, or in other words, warrens can not be made completely inaccessible, and Kurald Emurlahn can steal in, 'like a shadow'.

Didn't mean to suggest that Shadowthrone would do a mass release, but offer a suggestion at their potential power that they could hold.

#5 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

Only a couple of days ago I added a few things about Shadow to the Wiki and the following bit stood out for me in connection with this thread:

Shadow is a Warren known for breaking the rules, for slipping it's boundaries, Tattersail tells Tayschrenn in Gardens of the Moon (Chapter 3, UK MMPB p.110)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users