• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello friends

#1 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

I was just thinking about coming around and seeing what everyone was up to when someone sent me a message from here. Made my day. :veryangry:

I hope all is well with everyone. I did get one of my Christmas cards back with "undeliverable" stamped on it. Which made me feel quite guilty. If I ever get a minute I am going to resend it and you will get a Christmas card in July. :crybaby:

Unfortunatly my daughter's death did turn into a homicide case so I have been quite consumed lately but I miss the fun chats here and I am just starting on tCG so I am sure I will have tones of stuff to talk about.

#2 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:14 PM

I'll not pry into the whys and hows, but if you need to talk about what happened, we're about.

So! tCG. A huge end to a huge series. So many unanswered questions and open doors.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#3 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

Well to be honest we don't know what happened. She was living with her best friend and her parents. Lots of very weird stuff that I don't understand. But I try to remember I am trying to make sense of something sensless.
Homicide is working on it but we have no "official" cause of death yet. We just know who is suspect and why. But it is L.A. County and we have a back log of 900 unsolved murders so it may be awhile before we have closure.

I don't mind talking about it if you have questions. I think about it every day and nothing will make the pain go away, but talking about it won't make it worse either.

(edited to fix typos)

This post has been edited by Stormcat: 28 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

#4 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

It's more that it's not my place to ask questions - I'm more one for listening if someone has need of it than to potentially intrude. From the sound of it though it seems odd... Hopefully you'll get some answers and some closure soon.

#5 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:53 AM

You once said something about being a high priestess. Can I ask for more information?
I've been really interested in the "old faiths" since an early age.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#6 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Welcome back Stormcat! Glad to hear you are coping on a level vaguely approaching what society at large would tenuously refer to as "normal"... which is probably about as best as can be hoped/expected.

You missed a lot, though! The whole membership passed a referendum by 98% of the votes to convert ourselves into a Goodkind forum, so starting next week all the threads in the book sub-forums will have their names auto-changed - "I love that scene in Gardens of the Moon where Hairlock has no legs!" will become "I love that scene in Wizard's First Rule where Richard is like super omg awesome chicken!", and so on.

Rest assured, however, that Rodeo did not, in fact, wear pants at any time during your absence.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

Of course, Rodeo generally only goes all werepants on nights of the full moon.

....please, someone tell me you saw what I did there...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostD, on 02 March 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Welcome back Stormcat! Glad to hear you are coping on a level vaguely approaching what society at large would tenuously refer to as "normal"... which is probably about as best as can be hoped/expected.

You missed a lot, though! The whole membership passed a referendum by 98% of the votes to convert ourselves into a Goodkind forum, so starting next week all the threads in the book sub-forums will have their names auto-changed - "I love that scene in Gardens of the Moon where Hairlock has no legs!" will become "I love that scene in Wizard's First Rule where Richard is like super omg awesome chicken!", and so on.

Rest assured, however, the Rodeo did not, in fact, where pants at any time during your absence.

I must note that the chicken that is not a chicken actually appeared in the second Goodkind book, not the first.

I hereby move to strip D'rek of her modship the second we convert to a Richard 'Raptor Stare' Rahl forum.

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#9 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:43 PM

If this place becomes a Goodkind forum will i be banned from here too, as i got banned from the WFR forums back in the day when we raided and trolled them.

Repeatedly.
meh. Link was dead :(

#10 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

View PostObdigore, on 02 March 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

Rest assured, however, the Rodeo did not, in fact, where pants at any time during your absence.

I must note that the chicken that is not a chicken actually appeared in the second Goodkind book, not the first.

I hereby move to strip D'rek of her modship the second we convert to a Richard 'Raptor Stare' Rahl forum.

Uhh, no. It's from the fifth book, actually. DO YOU NOT EVEN READ FANTASY??!!! Sheesh.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#11 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:19 AM

I've actually been the chicken who is not a chicken this whole time. I therefore claim D'rek's modship and will reign over you all with tyrannical vein pinching and fowl punnery.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:26 AM

It's forum moments like this that make me think that maybe, just maybe, I do in fact like chicken burgers.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#13 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:22 AM

If you don't rescind this decree and turn this place into a Wheel of Time forum, I'm going to have to stand over here and guard... this rock. From Tucker. Because I'm pretty sure that's how all of this started.

#14 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostMaark, on 03 March 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

If you don't rescind this decree and turn this place into a Wheel of Time forum, I'm going to have to stand over here and guard... this rock. From Tucker. Because I'm pretty sure that's how all of this started.

A WoT forum?

The very idea!

Sniffs, tugs braid, smooths skirt.

#15 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

Great to see you back Stormcat!

Also, Robin Hobb forum. Y'all be jealous of all that Wit.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#16 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

Once again sorry for your loss. Hopefully you get some closure soon.

#17 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 03 March 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

A WoT forum?

The very idea!

You can be Petra.

#18 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostMaark, on 03 March 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

A WoT forum?

The very idea!

You can be Petra.

What do ancient aqueducts have to do with it?

#19 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostD, on 03 March 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

A WoT forum?

The very idea!

You can be Petra.

Old watery ducks? dunno. But they're mighty fine cooked, battered and dipped in peking sauce.

Lovely.

#20 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 04 March 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

View PostD, on 03 March 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

A WoT forum?

The very idea!

You can be Petra.

Old watery ducks? dunno. But they're mighty fine cooked, battered and dipped in peking sauce.

Lovely.

Duck is good, but baby deer is better. More protezzzzz.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users