Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bluetooth Headphones/Earphones Recommendations

#1 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

Is this a thread about shopping? yes, yes it is, I'm sorry.

I want to get either Bluetooth headphones or earphones and my uncle will bring them to me from america, which saves me a huge ton of money. Problem is I need to order soon and my research is leading me into circles. I think a lot of the claims are just marketing speak. So does anyone have and use bluetooth headphones or earphones that they can recommend. Price range aprox 140 dollars but cheaper is better.

I have looked at LG tones, Motorola buds, blue-buds x and a hundred Bluetooth headphones on Amazon that are 70% which has me suspicious. I'm looking for something just for everyday use while Im in my lab but maybe also the occasional use at gym. I'm worried that headphones are bulky and may look ridiculous as I go about my day but I worry that earphones are expensive but possible prone to damage.

Appreciate any advice. Im looking for reasonable battery life, good bluetooth, build quality and decent audio. I'm not an audiophile so doubt I can tell the difference between good, great and amazing.

This post has been edited by Cause: 29 January 2015 - 01:03 PM

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

Ummmm.. look I am not very particular about the sound quality of earphones, when I went shopping I heard a lot about bass and balance etc and tit all just confused me. I needed a bluetooth headset for everyday use - music on the commute, handsfree conversation at home etc. Also my budget was very restricted. So I got Byte Corseca bluetooth headset, which I think I remember was sold under Dell though I am not certain about this. It was pretty cheap by Indian standards: around 1800 rupees, which at current exchange rates comes to around $ 30 i think?.. Anyway, I have been using for 6 months and they seem pretty good. Decent battery life, volume could be a bit higher in my opinion, but if you want them for indoor use and don't have to cope with high level traffic noise like I do, then you will be fine.

Alternatively, I have heard that Jabra and Plantronics are good yet affordable, I mean they are not Bose quality but they might fit your requirements. Jabra I think has sports headsets which are less bulky than the usual stuff.

#3 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

Head-Fi always has good recommendations, imo: http://www.head-fi.o...less-headphones

If you search around, there are more Bluetooth recommendation threads there.

#4 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

If you're using a program like N7 Player you get a built in 5/10 band EQ. My cans aren't bluetooth (they're Sennheiser earbuds that cost about £20) but I can get a really good sound from them by playing with the EQ. Just something to bear in mind.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users