Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mobile Gaming Recommendations

#1 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

I recently switched over to an Android phone (Life is Heaven). In any event I know many of these recommendations are for multiple systems but for now I will focus on Android. Also love to hear yours.

Tower Defense:
Kingdom Rush
Kingdom Rush Frontiers
Kingdom Rush Origins

These 3 games range from 1 to 3 dollars. Each is a gem of the tower defense genre. Build towers and protect your exit from incoming hordes. The beauty of these games is the map is alive, it may help or hinder you. A flood could wash away one path and create another forcing a new strategy. Additionally some towers summon soldiers to fight which create important roadblocks and choke points which allo the other towers the chance to inflict major damage on creatures before they can escape their range.

Real Games:
Banner Saga - Great reproduction of a PC game to a phone. Only problem is I personally am not convinced it was a great game to play. I know that it received high praise though. It's a tactics genre game and has intuitive touch controls. Still the simple gameplay and lacklustre story for me were not a deep enough hook. (10 dollars)

Xcom Enemy Within- I would recommend a powerful phone but it's the full Xcom experience with the expansion pack. I also have to say Xcom Fits mobile gaming rather well. Play a mission at a time and move on. Also allows saves at any point. Good graphics, amazingly reproduced. (10 dollars)

Knights of the Old republic - KoToR on your phone for 5 dollars. Its nostalgia at its finest.

Emulators:

PPSSPP- I can't believe it but this let me load PSP games onto my phone. It really works. Though I do have admit that touch controls are not always a strong fit. You can pair a controller but than its not really mobile gaming. Still I thought it was a great find

This post has been edited by Cause: 29 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

#2 User is offline   Tarthenal Theloman Toblakai 

• Engineer Extraordinaire!
  • Interests:Engineering, books, films, gaming, gym, running, mountain biking

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

I found the mass effect game on Android to be pretty good, as well as the GTA games that are ported, they are awesome fun
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." ― Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness

#3 User is offline   Raizen 

• Recruit

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

I'd be at a loss if I didn't say how much I enjoyed the geN64, My OldBoy! (gameboy), My Boy! (gameboy advanced) emulators. Nothing like going on a nostalgia trip with Banjo Kazooie.
Wisdom was naught but cunning made grand, a weapon forged to win empty battles.

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

I don't play a lot on phones but I do check out the ones that get the most chatter on podcasts.

I can recommend:

The Room. It's a puzzle game where you are unpacking a Chinese box filled with secret compartments.

Hitman GO. Imagine the Hitman games as a board game. You're moving Agent 47 around the board in order to reach an exit or take out a target. It're surprisingly fun and the style works really way.

Monument Valley. It's a very pretty environmental puzzle kind of game. Think a mix between Fez and the Grow flash games.

Ridiculous Fishing. Using the phones motion detection you drop a hook in the water, go as deep as you can, then hook as many fish on the way up and then YOU SHOOT THOSE FUCKING FISH TO PIECES WITH YOUR GUNS.

Crossy Road. Basically the old Frogger game in 3D.

I've also heard good things about 80 days but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

#5 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:43 AM

The kingdom rush games are some of my favorite tower defense games ever. FTL is a fun ipad game. Really though, Clash of Clans is all you need. I have been playing that game for close to two years and still play on and off every single day. Brilliant game.
Error: Signature not valid

#6 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

TwoDots - Basic puzzle game with a unique angle, and has really lovely aesthetic. And though it's fairly long, it doesn't go on forever and ever like the candy games or anything.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer is a conversion of the (pretty cool) board game. Basic edition is for free, all expansions have to be purchased (tip: the bundle offers some discount).

On a tablet, I'd advocate the Sentinels of the Multiverse co-operative card game (as you can see in the Boardgame thread, I love it). It isn't for free, but it's fun and the game is actually sped up quite a bit by the fact it is digital compared to playing it table top. It's also way better than players at keeping track of stuff, rules and triggers.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#8 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

I can second Clash of Clans.

I have played all of the infinity blades (1-3) decent story and plot, but a lot of repetitive fighting that eventually got a little boring.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users