Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Super Smash Bros Thread

#1 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

I cant be the only person onsite who plays this.

This a thread for exchanging codes so we can play on the (occasionally laggy) online play on the Wii U or 3ds and any other discussions about any of the previous gens. I know Melee is probably going to be at Evo 15 this year but so is 4 and with the metagame in such infancy itll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Any other SSB fans onsite?

#2 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:13 PM

My son has this game on his wii U and I when we played it I was expecting some kind of Tekken/streetfighter experience, with nintendo characters obviously.
But I just couldn't get to grips with the controls. I just seem to pressing anything and everything I could.
I mean, I won, but my son is only 6!! Haha.
And I had fun, but I can't see how I could possibly play an actual adult and not get my arse handed to me.
Unless that's how you play too Tiam?
:)
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#3 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

Your doing better than me mate I always lose, even to kids :)

I take it youve never played it before thinking its a tekken style game? Its all about movement, making your own combos, guarding the edges etc. If you get a chance go on and play on for glory mode on the online capabilities then youll see how people play it. Theres shedloads of videos online and Smash 4 is easy to get into.

Im actually having a load of people around my flat tomorrow for a mini tournament. Only like 10 of us but some are quite good.

#4 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:02 AM

Yeahh!!!

Super Smash brothers and then Goldeneye for N64 were so much fun.!
!
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#5 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

Chu don't know bout mah Melee Sheik.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#6 User is offline   Raizen 

• Recruit

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

What character do you guys prefer? I'm a Link and Zero Suit Samus fan myself.
Wisdom was naught but cunning made grand, a weapon forged to win empty battles.

#7 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

I don't care if it's not optimal, Ganondorf bestondorf. My brothers and I have played since the N64 days, and Ganon's towards-B grab slam move in the air is still the greatest addition.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#8 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

I'm currently burned out on this game, but also very proud of my accomplishments.

Completed the Challenge board--something I didn't come close to doing in Brawl
Got all trophies--something I really tried to do in Melee, but failed to do

After I got my last trophy, I told myself I was taking a long break. Great game though--I'm a huge fan of Xenoblade (as you can tell by my avatar), and Mega Man. So I was thrilled that both got represented in this game (and their music!)

#9 User is offline   Raizen 

• Recruit

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 26 January 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

After I got my last trophy, I told myself I was taking a long break. Great game though--I'm a huge fan of Xenoblade (as you can tell by my avatar), and Mega Man. So I was thrilled that both got represented in this game (and their music!)

I'm pumped for the new 3ds release of Xenoblade Chronicles. I sort of missed the boat on the original.
Wisdom was naught but cunning made grand, a weapon forged to win empty battles.

#10 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:29 PM

I used t play a decent Sheik. Never bothered with Zelda; Sheik's rushdown moveset was much preferable to me. I seconded Samus.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#11 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 26 January 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

I'm currently burned out on this game, but also very proud of my accomplishments.

Completed the Challenge board--something I didn't come close to doing in Brawl
Got all trophies--something I really tried to do in Melee, but failed to do

Im so glad there is a few Smash fans on the board.

I only started playing the main solo game the other day to unlock levels. For me its all about playing people though the cpu on the wii u are very solid. I bought a 3ds just for Smash 4 and then went and bought a Wii u to play online for essentially the same game. Ive started going to local tourneys not too far from my house. Melee is still the most popular as Brawl isnt really competitive (or it is but is looked down upon due to tripping/not as competitive as Melee.) but Smash 4 is solid.

Ive played around 2000 for glory 1 v 1 online and have about a 65-70 percent win record. Ive only played around 100 matches on the wii u one but my record is about the same. I main Link primarily and Sheik for Melee. Both are viable on Smash 4 with link being buffed alot and being a viable B tier character but as I say the metegame is still in its infancy at this point so anyones viable.

Whats everyones opinion on the new customs on Smash 4? I think theyre interesting and make lower tier characters more viable but others see them as gimmicky.

Also competitive Smash 4 looks great when other people are playing :)

Anyone with a wii u or 3ds fancy swapping codes?

This post has been edited by tiam: 28 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users