• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A little help remembering?

#1 User is offline   Absolon 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hello,

For whatever reason, I was reading MT on and off for a couple years. I finally blew through the last couple hundred pages and then immediately started the Bonehunters. Unfortunately, I've found that the long gap in time since I read HoC has left me a little confused on some characters. Any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated!

1) Who is Scillara? I don't remember this woman at all.
2) I remember the existence of Felisin the younger but I don't really remember her story. Was she Felisin's kind of adopted daughter ?
3) Greyfrog - is this the demon that was masquerading as Baruk's familiar/ Crokus's pet?
4) what relationship is there (if any) between the Deragoth and the hounds of Shadow? Which set did Karsa kill 2 of? And how long has he been dragging those heads at this point?!?

Thank you!

P.S. - anything else you want to throw in that I'm really going to need to remember, feel free. It's been a long time since I read the first 4 books

#2 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostAbsolon, on 19 December 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

Hello,

For whatever reason, I was reading MT on and off for a couple years. I finally blew through the last couple hundred pages and then immediately started the Bonehunters. Unfortunately, I've found that the long gap in time since I read HoC has left me a little confused on some characters. Any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated!

1) Who is Scillara? I don't remember this woman at all.

We meet Scillara as one of the girls and women who Bidithal has 'interfered' with and is prostituting (cause of her pregnancy); Heboric helped her escape and healed her

2) I remember the existence of Felisin the younger but I don't really remember her story. Was she Felisin's kind of adopted daughter ?

Yes, Felisin Younger was a young girl adopted by Felisin Elder both because she reminded her of herself and as a means of helping retain her identity as she was being taken over by Sha'ik's persona

3) Greyfrog - is this the demon that was masquerading as Baruk's familiar/ Crokus's pet?

Greyfrog was originally L'oric's familiar before joining the party

4) what relationship is there (if any) between the Deragoth and the hounds of Shadow? Which set did Karsa kill 2 of? And how long has he been dragging those heads at this point?!?

The hounds killed by Karsa were Deragoth. The Deragoth are originally the d'ivers of Dessimbelackis. It is not clear what their relation is to the Hounds of Shadow

Thank you!

P.S. - anything else you want to throw in that I'm really going to need to remember, feel free. It's been a long time since I read the first 4 books

I am the Onyx Wizards

#3 User is offline   Absolon 

• Recruit

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

Thanks!

Bidithal. Was he one of the three mages that were part of Felisin's army? L'oric was as well, correct? I don't remember Greyfrog at all. Did he have any significant role in HoC?

Also, was there any sort of falling out between Karsa and Leoman? I don't remember any and I thought they remained on good terms but just chose separate paths. Is that about right?

#4 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:55 PM

Yes Bidithal and L'oric are each one of the three mages. L'oric is also significantly more. Karsa and Leoman parted on good terms. Karsa had things to do so he went in search of a mount and a sword that fit his size.

#5 User is offline   Absolon 

• Recruit

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

Thank you both!

#6 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:19 AM

L'Oric needed a familiar and he got Greyfrog thanks to Osserc when he visited Osserc in that strange dream-dimension thingy...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users