• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suicide Squad/DC Movie Fest

#1 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

So what do people make of the announcement of the Suicide Squad cast announcement?

http://variety.com/2...hot-1201368867/

DC certainly look like they are putting money behind it with a pretty good cast. The suicide squad definitely has the potential, but I'm unsure how it will work, personally I'd have preferred more of the villains to be established as villains in other films, before switching to anti-hero roles in suicide squad.

Also the Joker in the suicide squad? That's not in the comics is it? I can't see the Joker working as a member of the suicide squad, as he's not really a character with a fear of death, so hopefully he's acting as the antagonist but we will see. I'm still skeptical DC will pull this off.

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

They are shooting this in my city. So I hopefully will get a look at sets or actors.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 December 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

They are shooting this in my city. So I hopefully will get a look at sets or actors.

I didn't know they shot movies in Corsucant Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 04 December 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

So what do people make of the announcement of the Suicide Squad cast announcement?

http://variety.com/2...hot-1201368867/

DC certainly look like they are putting money behind it with a pretty good cast. The suicide squad definitely has the potential, but I'm unsure how it will work, personally I'd have preferred more of the villains to be established as villains in other films, before switching to anti-hero roles in suicide squad.

Also the Joker in the suicide squad? That's not in the comics is it? I can't see the Joker working as a member of the suicide squad, as he's not really a character with a fear of death, so hopefully he's acting as the antagonist but we will see. I'm still skeptical DC will pull this off.

I watched assault on arkham a few days ago. I think DC may be striking a nugget here. I havent followed the comics but what i saw of the animated feature sold me on the idea.

I'm not too familiar with this particular cast save leto, smith and hardy. I do think J Leto will make a great joker. The rest im not sure about.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#5 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

View PostDadding, on 04 December 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 December 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

I didn't know they shot movies in Corsucant Posted Image

The location fees are murder.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#6 User is offline   Warming 

• Recruit

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:39 AM

Looks really good. Like the cast, not sure I like Will Smith as a villain....The Joker/Harley Quinn chemistry has to be good for this movie to do well I would assume.

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

So, Affleck was snapped in photo's in Toronto...and then on the SS set with his Elder-Bruce Wayne hair. So I think it's safe to say that Bruce Wayne at the very least will be in Suicide Squad.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

Anyone seen the Suicide Squad animiated film they released not long ago? It'll probably play out like that with Bats on the peripheral

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#9 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

It's be better if the forehead tattoo read, instead of "Damaged" which is silly, "Perfectly Fine".
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#10 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:15 PM

According to DC/WB the image was a promo one, and the Tats and teeth caps are not how his character will look in the film. Set photos seem to support that Leto's Joker is no the Hot topic joke the promo image seems to imply.

#11 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostBriar King, on 30 April 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

I bet it actually was and then they heard the loud fan GROAN and decided to change lmao

Haha, I could see that too.

#12 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostBriar King, on 01 May 2015 - 03:22 AM, said:

Anyone got a link to that Leto pic? I can't find it and no clue where I saw it on. It may have been on 17th Shard but it must have been removed.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...cially-revealed

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#13 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

First Official Image of the Suicide Squad

Just gotta say, Harley Quinn looks awesome! I'm most excited for this to see an actual depiction of Harley, as she hasn't really shown up in non-cartoon versions of DC stuff ever!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#14 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostBlend, on 04 May 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Just gotta say, Harley Quinn looks awesome! I'm most excited for this to see an actual depiction of Harley, as she hasn't really shown up in non-cartoon versions of DC stuff ever!

What about Arkham Asylum/City?
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#15 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

I agree. Out of the whole picture and cast, Harley looks the most spot-on to her comic counterpart. As such, I like it. As far as how she's played, I need her to be sweet and psychopathic. If they pull that off, I'll be happy.

#16 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostMaark, on 04 May 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

What about Arkham Asylum/City?

Those are still basically 'cartoon' depictions - or well, animated at least.

This is the first time we get an actual human being playing Harley, so I'm excited to see how she pulls it off.

I agree with QT - there's a lot of ways a real life Harley could go wrong, but if they pull her off well, I'll be super excited. She's my absolute favourite character from all the Batman stuff (old Batman cartoon, the PS3 games, a couple of animated Batman movies I've seen), so I really hope they do her justice, and that picture has me optimistic so far.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#17 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

The lollypop is a nice touch.

#18 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:43 PM

I'm all kinds of sceptical about this movie.... but if they can avoid playing stupid down to the audience, trying to explain every bloody detail (ie: he's Deadshot, he shoots people, shut up and move on...), or spin it into six more movies two spinoffs and a tv series, it could seriously rock. They also need to stay true to the concept... at least half the cast must die, most of them while attempting to betray the Squad. I will accept nothing less.

I admit to some serious old school love for the concept because i have the entire original Yale/Ostrander run in floppie and have reread it multiple times.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#19 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

Video from set.

http://bcove.me/fomygtwp

#20 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostAbyss, on 04 May 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

at least half the cast must die, most of them while attempting to betray the Squad. I will accept nothing less.

I'm reasonably certain that Slipknot and El Diablo are there to be fodder. Possibly Katana too - she's not usually a villain so I can see her being a mole who gets found out and either killed by the team or killed in a backwards sort of redemption arc by trying to save the team (more likely the latter).

Eta: her position outside of the group hug makes me doubly sure that she's not a kosher member of the lineup.

This post has been edited by polishgenius: 04 May 2015 - 08:11 PM

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users