• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dream Thread

#1 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

So I had a really crazy and very disturbing dream last night, so I thought I would share it with you lot. Feel free to talk about your dreams also :unsure:
Spoiler

spoilered for wall o text
Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?Steve BuscemiSpy Kids 2

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:25 AM

View Postmelonhead, on 27 November 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

So I had a really crazy and very disturbing dream last night, so I thought I would share it with you lot. Feel free to talk about your dreams also :unsure:
Spoiler

Urm have you considered writing books with your dreams as plots?

#3 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostAndorion, on 27 November 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

So I had a really crazy and very disturbing dream last night, so I thought I would share it with you lot. Feel free to talk about your dreams also ;)
Spoiler

Urm have you considered writing books with your dreams as plots?

Funnily enough, I was thinking about this the other day. I had another crazy dream that I thought would be a kind of cool story. I will post it here later on, I cant now I gotta go to work :unsure:
Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?Steve BuscemiSpy Kids 2

#4 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

I remember my dreams for about ten minutes when I wake up and then they're gone. Irritating!!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#5 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:25 PM

I remember very few dreams, but ones I do remember I remember vividly. There was one about an albino chimpanzee with an assault rifle, then ice age megafauna tramping around my house, then me rugby tackling a ghost.

#6 User is offline   Creed 

• Recruit

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

I never manage to remember mine on the spot. Always they seem to drift into my subconscious, until I'm sitting on the bus one day wonder what time it was I was doing a presentation, naked to standing ovations.

#7 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

Start keeping a dream journal! I've been keeping one for the last 3 years, and it really helps you remember them. Usually your brain dismisses dreams as not-important, but the more you write the more your brain seems to label them as 'important'. I used to remember a couple a week, now its odd if I don't remember 3 or more a night.

Also helps with Lucid Dreaming if you're into that.

#8 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostDadding, on 27 November 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

Start keeping a dream journal! I've been keeping one for the last 3 years, and it really helps you remember them. Usually your brain dismisses dreams as not-important, but the more you write the more your brain seems to label them as 'important'. I used to remember a couple a week, now its odd if I don't remember 3 or more a night.

Whenever something really bad or really good happens in one of my dreams, some voice in my brain tells me "That's not very likely" and then after a bit of rationalizing I realize I'm dreaming.

You can't understand how many "good" (read that in a slimy voice) dreams this lucid dreaming has cost me. There was this one time with three girls ...
NVM.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#9 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:33 AM

View Postemperormagus, on 28 November 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

View PostDadding, on 27 November 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

You can't understand how many "good" (read that in a slimy voice) dreams this lucid dreaming has cost me. There was this one time with three girls ...
NVM.

Hah! You need to make lucid dreaming work for you - once you realize you're dreaming, you can do anything at all. Why not make it four girls...
There's some really cool resources out there. Apps that will remind you at specific times to do a "reality check" so you get in the habit of questioning if you're dreaming or not. Dream journals with a tagging system to identify specific scenarios that occur more often that not so you can more easily recognize when you're dreaming. And there are a lot of techniques to help you stay in the dream for longer once you realize that it's just that. Definitely something to check out if lucid dreaming comes so easily to you!

This post has been edited by Dadding: 28 November 2014 - 03:34 AM

#10 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:22 AM

There's one in particular that I recall from perhaps ten years ago - the entire sky was a dome made up of rocks similar to the ones at the Giant's Causeway, and the moon was rising from behind a pillar of one, but couldn't reach zenith because it was contained in a dome.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#11 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

I'm having really lame anxiety dreams regularly at the moment. I'm spending most working days in a completely new place with total strangers and then sleeping in a new hotel each night and it is quite mentally draining. A lot of nights I dream that I'm staying with someone I don't know very well and get up in the morning and have an important day ahead but lots little of things go wrong; the primary one being that showers keep being put above non-waterproof furnishings - like a bed or bare floorboards. I then proceed to struggle through a shower while trying not to get the floor wet and offend my hosts. It's never the same dream but always the same type of problem and it is highlighting some form of anxiety in my brain that I have absolutely no respect for :unsure:
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#12 User is offline   Tru 

• Sergeant

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:36 PM

Spoiler

Your dream reminds me of one of my play throughs in Fallout 3....:-those damn kids...:-P

I don't recall to many of my dreams. The ones I do remember are what I think you guys are calling "lucid dreaming" (I'm to lazy to check out the link) Generally if I am dreaming within an hour or so of getting up I remember the dream, can even manipulate it to some extent, fall back into it after waking up, that sorta thing. The more intense dreams though, are the middle of the night deep sleep ones I think, and those I rarely ever remember unless it's a re-occurring one, which I've not had in awhile, which is good because as soon as I start having re-occurring dreams I start worrying about what they are trying to tell me, and to be honest dreams/sub-conscious trying to tell me shit scares the hell out of me. I do know that most of the dreams I recall are about me being ridiculously bold in either what I say and/or do.

This post has been edited by Tru: 28 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

#13 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostTru, on 28 November 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

Spoiler

Your dream reminds me of one of my play throughs in Fallout 3....:-those damn kids...:-P

I don't recall to many of my dreams. The ones I do remember are what I think you guys are calling "lucid dreaming" (I'm to lazy to check out the link) Generally if I am dreaming within an hour or so of getting up I remember the dream, can even manipulate it to some extent, fall back into it after waking up, that sorta thing. The more intense dreams though, are the middle of the night deep sleep ones I think, and those I rarely ever remember unless it's a re-occurring one, which I've not had in awhile, which is good because as soon as I start having re-occurring dreams I start worrying about what they are trying to tell me, and to be honest dreams/sub-conscious trying to tell me shit scares the hell out of me. I do know that most of the dreams I recall are about me being ridiculously bold in either what I say and/or do.

Ha yeah true. Im just really glad it wasnt a really scary dream. there was no feeling of fear, when there so shouldve been.
i dont really have many recurring dreams, except for the old falling dream.

#14 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostMaark, on 28 November 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

There's one in particular that I recall from perhaps ten years ago - the entire sky was a dome made up of rocks similar to the ones at the Giant's Causeway, and the moon was rising from behind a pillar of one, but couldn't reach zenith because it was contained in a dome.

That sounds like a pretty cool dream to me.

#15 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:28 AM

Is it "Go-Go-Gadget Boner!"
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#16 User is offline   Dadding 

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:02 AM

View PostBriar King, on 02 December 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

I don't keep a journal but the past week I've been trying every night to get myself to say a key phrase in my dreams that lets me know I'm dreaming so I can take control and get to that state. No success yet....

You can try holding your breath or pushing your thumbs into your palms on a regular basis. Once you get in the habit, in your dreams if you try you'll still be able to 'breathe' when you hold your breath, and your thumbs should pass right through your hands. Every time you see a clock look at it once, look away, then look again. In a dream the time should change (works with pretty much all letters or numbers you see). The important thing is to develop a habit so that you'll do it automatically in your dream. What I find works for me best is to perform a "reality check" every time I enter a new place (leave the house, enter a building, enter a room, get in the car, etc.) by questioning how I got there or by doing one of the methods above.

Hang in there, it's totally worth it!

#17 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

Sleep on your back, I find it helps me to stay at an upper level of sleep where dream control and memory are easier.

I dreamed last night something about being together with old friends, maybe it was based on a memory, where we gathered around a table and were discussing the various ancestral heritages we have and the history behind it. I think we were trying to make sense of the migrations & patterns of war in the Dark Ages somehow and how those tribes trickled down to us in the modern age. This was done in a party atmosphere, as we always loved to mix drugs and intellectual debate. It ended with me loaning a couple of cassette tapes to one friend, and I remember one was Megadeth, an actual tape that I still have in my collection somewhere.

Man, I miss those guys sometimes.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#18 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:25 AM

I had a dreams in the Archer universe last night All I remember is that they were unsurprisingly disturbing. Gotta take it easy on the Archer binge watching.
No Touchy.

#19 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostBriar King, on 30 December 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

Ok the journal is starting to piss me off.. The 1st 3 days I filled in 1 1/3 pgs with about 6 dreams. Past FIVE nights I've woke up blank...

Happened to me for the last week. Then last night I dreamt a bug the size of a pineapple attacking me in my bathroom

#20 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

glad to hear it BK

My little girl has been having nightmares so I've been trying to teach her how to take control of her dreams, I hope it helps.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users