Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trull Sengar lol *spoilers

#1 User is offline   karsa orlong rulez 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

Trull Sengar. Survives an encounter vs Icarium (Hell, he makes Icarium fear spears) stand toe-to-toe with Silchas Ruin. Beats the shit out of Clip. Gets stabbed in the back by a nameless letheri.

Also, if Trull was indeed so awesome, why even poison Brys. Trull could have beaten Brys np.

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

The Sengars didn't poison Brys. He sipped from the same wine that the king and Nifadas committed suicide with. Bad fortune.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:20 AM

View Postkarsa orlong rulez, on 30 October 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Trull Sengar. Survives an encounter vs Icarium (Hell, he makes Icarium fear spears) stand toe-to-toe with Silchas Ruin. Beats the shit out of Clip. Gets stabbed in the back by a nameless letheri.

This ^ - still can't wrap my head around the way Trull died either - and it's been a few years since I first read it :unworthy:

Brys was under The Errant's influence - err.. before he became under the influence, so to speak :D
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

Both deaths were caused more or less by the Errant, so that's kind of funny k.o.r. puts them in opposition above.

#5 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

Wild Bill was shot in the back (at least according to Deadwood series :-)
Shit can happen to you if there is nobody to watch your back.
I think you are just bitter that Trull tried ;-( Me too.

#6 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

Jesse James was killed hanging a picture.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#7 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

All of us, weak and strong alike, will be killed by an animal rebellion in the coming century ala Day of the Animals. This kind of thing just happens.

#8 User is offline   karsa orlong rulez 

• Recruit

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

View Postworry, on 30 October 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

The Sengars didn't poison Brys. He sipped from the same wine that the king and Nifadas committed suicide with. Bad fortune.

pretty sure there was a line in midnight tides somewhere where Trull thinks something like how it was beneficial that Brys was killed by poison as noone would have been able to beat him otherwise. Let me check again.

#9 User is offline   Blacksox 

• Captain

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:32 AM

View Postkarsa orlong rulez, on 07 November 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

pretty sure there was a line in midnight tides somewhere where Trull thinks something like how it was beneficial that Brys was killed by poison as noone would have been able to beat him otherwise. Let me check again.

I believe any consideration of his own abilities by Trull has to taken in context of his character. He was always very humble and never seemed to realize what a bad ass he really was. The only times we ever see him lose a fight is when his spear breaks because it cannot keep up with his own abilities.

When he finally gets the seemingly unbreakable spear I am not sure how many entities could have beaten him at that point. Shame he died before we could find out. I am sure Silchas and Clip can attest to his potential.

#10 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

View Postkarsa orlong rulez, on 07 November 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

In Reaper's Gale the Letherii Chancellor admits that he had poisoned the wine to kill the king, but he didn't think Brys would drink it as well. As said above, it was bad luck (albeit bad luck 'nudged' by the Errant, as he admits in one of his POVs).
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#11 User is offline   karsa orlong rulez 

• Recruit

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

Ok having read the next two books,
Spoiler

This thread is for Reapers Gale only. Any information on future books needs to be spoiled or be put into the appropriate book forum. I have edited this for spoilers.

- Venge

#12 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:31 PM

That is usually how badass people die. They get shot/stabbed in the back, poisoned or they die of plague.

#13 User is offline   BellaGrace 

• Witness

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

View Postkarsa orlong rulez, on 11 November 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Ok having read the next two books,
Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited for spoilers

- Vengeance
I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
Richard P. Feynman

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users