#1 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

Awesome!!

Taken down...relinked.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 25 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:54 PM

Cooool.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

View PostD, on 22 October 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

Cooool.

I'm pysched..Got a peek at Scarlet Witch.

Good Voice casting..as Spader. Menacing.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 23 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#4 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:55 AM

"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#5 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:47 AM

Official release for when the leaks get taken down...

Spader's casting sounds bang on. There are... no strings... on me: goosebumps.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#6 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

View Postpolishgenius, on 23 October 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

Official release for when the leaks get taken down...

Spader's casting sounds bang on. There are... no strings... on me: goosebumps.

I had goosebumps..that voice is evil. like he is a killer..

#7 User is offline   Tarthenal Theloman Toblakai 

• Engineer Extraordinaire!
  • Interests:Engineering, books, films, gaming, gym, running, mountain biking

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

absolutely awesome trailer. I CANNOT WAIT! to see this. It's gonna easily be the film of the year next year. DAT VOICE THO! Such an incredible cast of actors and actresses. Bring on May!!!!
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." ― Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness

#8 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

Aww man that looks phenomenal! Can't wait. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#9 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

That song slowly and eerily sung overtop of the trailer is the song from Pinnochio.

That is a stroke of fucking GENIUS Disney. Well played!

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

I like the evil poetry. It doesn't seem silly when it's said by a terrifying robot.

I would say the trailer pretty much confirms the idea that Ultron is going to be Jarvis/Stark's robots turned bad. I wonder how they are going to tie Hydra/Strucker, Ultron and QS/SW-going-from-Hydra-to-good all together, if at all. Does seem like QS/SW will be working for/with Ultron a little bit based on one scene in the trailer.

I'm going to wildly guess/speculate it is something like {1} Hydra/Strucker incites Hulk to go crazy, {2} Avengers show up to stop him (Hulk buster armour fight scene), {3}meanwhile QS/SW infiltrate Stark industries and steal robots/AI for Strucker, {4} Avengers take Banner back to Stark's house (scene where he is in blanket in helicopterplane) and at Stark's home find broken/virused robots left (stumbling robot scene), {5} Strucker modifies and unleashes a stolen robot in some semi-diabolical plan (Ultron + QS/SW scene), {6} robot goes out of control, builds more of itself, and starts being full-diabolical on its/their own, {7} QS/SW think its gone too far and change teams, {8} act 3 / finale (and lots of people are expecting a sad/semi-sad ending, apparently).

And whether I'm completely wrong or if it ends up being exactly that I am still super excited B)

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#11 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostD, on 23 October 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

I like the evil poetry. It doesn't seem silly when it's said by a terrifying robot.

I would say the trailer pretty much confirms the idea that Ultron is going to be Jarvis/Stark's robots turned bad. I wonder how they are going to tie Hydra/Strucker, Ultron and QS/SW-going-from-Hydra-to-good all together, if at all. Does seem like QS/SW will be working for/with Ultron a little bit based on one scene in the trailer.

I'm going to wildly guess/speculate it is something like {1} Hydra/Strucker incites Hulk to go crazy, {2} Avengers show up to stop him (Hulk buster armour fight scene), {3}meanwhile QS/SW infiltrate Stark industries and steal robots/AI for Strucker, {4} Avengers take Banner back to Stark's house (scene where he is in blanket in helicopterplane) and at Stark's home find broken/virused robots left (stumbling robot scene), {5} Strucker modifies and unleashes a stolen robot in some semi-diabolical plan (Ultron + QS/SW scene), {6} robot goes out of control, builds more of itself, and starts being full-diabolical on its/their own, {7} QS/SW think its gone too far and change teams, {8} act 3 / finale (and lots of people are expecting a sad/semi-sad ending, apparently).

And whether I'm completely wrong or if it ends up being exactly that I am still super excited B)

The only thing I think you've got wrong is Jarvis. He becomes Vision...since Paul Bettany who has always voiced Jarvis is listed as playing Vision.

At a guess from the post-film scene from CAP 2 with SW/QS...it seems they are imprisoned, and possibly brainwashed, or convinced they are doing the right thing at first? (Brainwashing ALA the device we've seen in Hydra's hands in the current season of AGENTS OF SHIELD?)

I like your rundown of events otherwise, and add that I think Black Widow will be taken out somehow. I dunno if they'll kill her off, but she may get wounded.

I actually think the Hulkbuster armor might be controlled by Ultron remotely, and not piloted by Tony/the good side at all? Just a guess.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 October 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

The only thing I think you've got wrong is Jarvis. He becomes Vision...since Paul Bettany who has always voiced Jarvis is listed as playing Vision.

I think some sort of AI belonging to Tony will get stolen/corrupted - if it is Jarvis then Tony will make Vision out of backup-Jarvis or something like that. If it is not Jarvis then it will be some improved AI supposedly better than Jarvis that Tony has been working on, or something like that. They have to to tie the Ultron-is-created-by-AntmanIronman thing in somehow.

I think Jarvis going bad would be the more emotional choice that resonates with audiences better than having a new AI made up and immediately go bad. It also ties in nicely with the gradual build up of Jarvis' capabilities throughout the Iron Man movies - in the first one he's just the house AI, but by Iron Man 3 Jarvis controls 40 robot suits. Makes sense for those robot suit building and controlling powers to link in to Ultron's ability to build and control his own robots.

At a guess from the post-film scene from CAP 2 with SW/QS...it seems they are imprisoned, and possibly brainwashed, or convinced they are doing the right thing at first? (Brainwashing ALA the device we've seen in Hydra's hands in the current season of AGENTS OF SHIELD?)

Makes sense.

I like your rundown of events otherwise, and add that I think Black Widow will be taken out somehow. I dunno if they'll kill her off, but she may get wounded.

She already did in CAP2, they going to wound her again? Hmm...

I actually think the Hulkbuster armor might be controlled by Ultron remotely, and not piloted by Tony/the good side at all? Just a guess.

Quite possible. But the colour scheme matches Tony's red stuff while all the Ultrons look silver. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, of course. But I think they will need a lot of time to build up Ultron, and may need some manipulation causing them to fight each other in order to have some fighting in the first hour of the film or so, similar to in the first Avengers. Either way is possible.

#13 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostD, on 23 October 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

I think some sort of AI belonging to Tony will get stolen/corrupted - if it is Jarvis then Tony will make Vision out of backup-Jarvis or something like that. If it is not Jarvis then it will be some improved AI supposedly better than Jarvis that Tony has been working on, or something like that. They have to to tie the Ultron-is-created-by-AntmanIronman thing in somehow.

I think Jarvis going bad would be the more emotional choice that resonates with audiences better than having a new AI made up and immediately go bad. It also ties in nicely with the gradual build up of Jarvis' capabilities throughout the Iron Man movies - in the first one he's just the house AI, but by Iron Man 3 Jarvis controls 40 robot suits. Makes sense for those robot suit building and controlling powers to link in to Ultron's ability to build and control his own robots.

I just see a disconnect between Jarvis as Tony's Butler, to Jarvis as Vision...with James Spader voiced in between as Ultron? Seems weird to me.

Tony invents self-functioning Iron Man suits that he doesn't have to pilot...those suits are so advanced that they become self-aware? Boom, Ultron. I mean did Jarvis actually pilot those? I can't recall. Maybe Jarvis accidentally creates Ultron? Then become Vision to fight him?

There is also a small part of me that wants Ultron to be an upgrade of "Dummy" the robot arm that Tony scolds in both IM1 and IM2 repeatedly.

#14 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

IIRC, the suits in IM3 are indeed directly piloted by Jarvis, and Jarvis even talks to the enemies in his usual voice while attacking them.

And yeah, there's tons of ways Ultron could be created with or without Jarvis, but I think it coming from Jarvis somehow will have a bigger emotional impact. (Not a perfect comparison, but imagine if Loki had instead been some other Asgardian we hadn't seen before, first introduced only at the start of Avengers 1.)

Likewise, we could still get Vision any number of ways. If Wikipedia is to be believed, the original Vision is created by Ultron, so could be something like once Tony's robot-AI-network is stolen/corrupted a Jarvis part breaks free and becomes Vision. Maybe "Dummy" is the part that stays loyal to Tony and becomes Vision! B)

#15 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:54 PM

Indeed. All good speculation!

I kind of don;'t want to watch any other trailers now, and just let myself be surprised when the film drops.

B)

#16 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

There is also a small part of me that wants Ultron to be an upgrade of "Dummy" the robot arm that Tony scolds in both IM1 and IM2 repeatedly

Bahahah..Awesome!!

I kind of don;'t want to watch any other trailers now, and just let myself be surprised when the film drops.

These are the trailers I like..flashes and a hook, but doesn't give away anything IMO.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 23 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

#17 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

There's been some speculation that Andy Serkis is playing some dude who is a major adversary of the Black Panther, and would be supplying Ultron with vibranium to make him extra crunchy.

Also, who's complaining about Disney buying Marvel now?

Also also, I am quite, quite pumped for this movie.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#18 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 23 October 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

There's been some speculation that Andy Serkis is playing some dude who is a major adversary of the Black Panther, and would be supplying Ultron with vibranium to make him extra crunchy.

Yup. Ulyses Klaw, miner of Vibranium....and archenemy of Black Panther!!

For proof, check out pics.

Posted Image

Man, everyone has waited so long for Black Panther. It's going to be awesome if we get to see him in action.

#19 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 October 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostIlluyankas, on 23 October 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Yup. Ulyses Klaw, miner of Vibranium....and archenemy of Black Panther!!

For proof, check out pics.

Posted Image

Man, everyone has waited so long for Black Panther. It's going to be awesome if we get to see him in action.

One way to introduce the Black Panther too with Caps shield been broken!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#20 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

Ever since they made Black Panther marry Storm just because they were both African, put the Silver Surfer in an inescapable armlock because while he has the Force Galactic Power Cosmic he's still humanoid etc etc, and have a cure for AIDS and also a way to stop guns firing he didn't share with the rest of the world because ________, I've always considered him written to be kind of an unenjoyable dick. Who knows, maybe they'll make him not awful in the movies?

Also people are actually thinking Cap will travel back in time from that one glimpse of obvious flashback/hallucination, come the fuck on
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users