Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sandalath Drukorlat = The Crippled God's Curse

#1 User is offline   DaddyDraconus 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:58 AM

So... She ranks as one of my least liked "not evil" characters in the series. Focusing on just her actions in RG alone, Phaed who openly hates her tries to kill her in her sleep and is barely stopped by Nimander and she immediately goes to defending Phaed?!?!
Then she turns on her husband for trying to keep him and herself safe by getting rid of a murderer. Phaed was a sociopath she would have certainly killed again, what would you say to her future victims about how you knew and caught her and just let her go. Ridicoulus. Nimander and Whithal have to face Sandalath's wrath for acting rationally.
I think tCG sent her down to Whithal just to curse him with her.

#2 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:32 AM

This is real funny.

Spoiler Warning... click at your own risk.
Spoiler

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:38 AM

As someone who's been on the receiving end of a successful murder before, perhaps Sand has some insight on the inhumanity of the death penalty.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   DaddyDraconus 

• Recruit

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

worry, on 20 September 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

As someone who's been on the receiving end of a successful murder before, perhaps Sand has some insight on the inhumanity of the death penalty.

True, and I guess we don't know too much about justice system there, but it seemed like Sand wanted to just let her go and keep it quiet. I think maybe a short trip to the otataral mines may have helped.. All things considered its better than if Anomander found out about the incident.. we all know how he deals with these things.

#5 User is offline   Felisin Fatter 

• Captain

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Well, in other books we learn that Sand is very broken, for various reasons (not the least of which the one in the spoilers... jeez...). So I bet the crippled god was pretty happy to find exactly this soul/ghost floating around when he needed one, and I bet he grabbed her up gleefully. So yes, I do think TCG's cruelty plays a role in the whole thing.

Hm, now that I think about it. Perhaps her relative kindness despite everything is actually a positive influence on TCG, showing him there are other ways than lashing out constantly. Interesting ;)

#6 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

I didn't warm to her as a character in the books either but if I met her in real life, I would probably want to reach out to her. She is someone who desperately wants to be happy but is too besieged by the memory of her past to be able to recognise the sources for it around her. If she visited her real life GP, she would probably be advised to see a mental health therapist for counselling. Instead, in her fictitious life she is thrust into a role of responsibility for which she is emotionally ill equipped.

I remember being disappointed when I first read her story arc because she was one character who turned out completely different from what I had expected and wished for.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users