• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Quest Fantasy Reality TV

#1 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:18 AM

I said I'd do this if ep 2 was good and oh boy was it! This is a 1st of its kinda project and I'm sure it was hard as hell to get it done but so far it has paid off and I hope others have checked it out besides QT and I. If your a fantasy fan and odds are since your on Malazan you are. This is right up our alley. Yes it's reality TV but at THIS moment it is supremely unique!! Go forth Paladins!!!

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

That ep was so good! I love the Harry Potter-style moving portraits of people who have been banished!

Also...

Spoiler

And even though he's a righteous dickhead a lot of the time you can't help but think the army commander is cool.

BTW, the Castle is in Austria, which is why some of the cast have Austrian accents.

Anywas, still loving the show. I'm rooting for Bonnie and Shondo.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Saw title.

was really hoping for a discussion of the mid 1990's Jean Claude Van Damme movie.

After entering thread, leaving somewhat disappointed.
meh. Link was dead :(

#4 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Finally watched Ep 3 last night. I can't believe they let themselves be talked into keeping Christian again. I'm not at all convinced he can "teach" the others much of anything. Shondo seems just as capable, if not more so. I think it would be fun as hell to be on this show. The only thing I wonder about is: is it difficult to get in/stay in the role you are playing? I know you'd want to, but can you shut out the part of your mind that knows it's a "reality" show you're on? We the audience don't see them but you know the Paladins see the various camera crews constantly. Other than that, though, I would love the chance to use weapons I've been reading about forever, wear the clothing, etc. Hell, I've still got the pair of nearly knee high suede boots I bought spur of the moment at a Renaissance Faire nearly 20 years ago! I've worn them all of maybe three times. I think they were meant to be step 1 in getting a full outfit, but I never did go past that first step, lol. I agree with QT and LG; I find myself rooting for Bonnie also. She's got as much or more heart and want-to as any of the others. I was glad to see her save herself at the Fate's challenge and not have to rely on the others.

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

It's all Bonnie and Shondo for me. If either one of them wins, I'll be happy. I like Andrew too, but he's a little too much under Christian's sway for my liking.

Also, Christian needs to go. Could not BELIEVE they kept him again even after telling him he was done if he screwed up again.

The story is keeping my attention well too, and I keep thinking if I were on the show I'd probably have mouthed off to the Vizier like 5 times already.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

Aww man! Bonnie! Gods damn it. I was sad to see her go. thankfully though she is parlaying her popularity into something by moving to LA to get involved in acting. Good for her!

Anyways, the show continues to be badass, and the most entertaining reality show I've watched in ages.

Sir Ansgar continues to be my favourite thing on the show. The screamy, stalwart, gruff commander with the softer side for his warriors.

I really hope this show gets a second season. I'm sad they launched it so late in the summer, but it does mean they have been giving us 2 eps for the last two Thursday's in a row. So that's cool

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostBlinded of High House our new tyrannical overlord whom we bow before, on 05 September 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

Yeah I kinda expected her to go out in 1 of the 2 epi. It's all on Shondo now. Still though they paid her more tribute then any other Paladine that had left.

I noticed the show gave her a good sendoff!

Yeah, I'm all about Shondo or Andrew now to win. And I'm cool with either of them being the hero.

Oh and the effects on Verlox were really awesome!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 05 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

#8 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostBlinded of High House our new tyrannical overlord whom we bow before, on 05 September 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Indeed. My son called him Treeman.

Is anyone else thinking the Vizeer isn't the bad guy like me?

I'm a little worried it might be meek Crio...because yeah the Vizier seems too obvious.

#9 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostBlinded of High House our new tyrannical overlord whom we bow before, on 05 September 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

Him or the good General. Has to be. Did you catch Crio glance at the Sun Spear? He's the perfect choice. Vizer is straight up a good smitten with the Queen guy.

I DON'T want it to be Sir Ansgar! He's my fave. LOL

#10 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

It was unfortunate to see Bonnie go but she did quite well all things considered, I thought. She saved herself in two Fates' challenges and never quit. I'm impressed she made final five. I agree that they've made the vizier seem WAY too obvious as the traitor. I thought it was definitely going to be Ansgar but the end of the last episode opened the door for suspicion of Crio. However, Ansgar being the betrayer would hurt the paladins more, imo, and they may want to test them in that way. It'll be interesting to see.

Btw QT and BHHV, do either of you watch the ScyFy movie prop/makeup show Face Off? The reason I ask is they had an episode this past week where the pro judges competed against each other for a charity and one of them created a dessicated king character. The second I saw the finished product I thought, "Holy shit, that could be Kallor!" It may not have gotten the description to the letter, (I'd have to go back and read up) but the overall impression was very strong! Just wondered if anyone else may have caught it.

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 07 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

#11 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

Here is a link to the Face Off creation I referenced above. I didn't think the face was that covered up by a helm when I was watching the show.

http://www.syfy.com/...udge_match?id=2

#12 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:50 AM

Agreed. I was fairly surprised at the final outcome. That final assault on the castle looked like a LOT of fun! I also thought the final scene was well done. Leaves plenty of options for a 2nd season.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users