Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Questions about a race in FoD might be a spoiler so be aware

#1 User is offline   Aertheron 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

I am just reading abou tthe Jheleck, but I have no clue who or what they are.
Anybody can give me a heads-up?

#2 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

Maybe a an ancestor/progenitor race of the Jheck? They're known to be on multiple continents and there's reference to Jheck on the map. Then again I thought Jheck were related to the first empire. I've only read the start of FoD so just a theory.

#3 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm sure you'll get to this point eventually, but just in case you haven't...

This is from Korya's POV, while living with Haut in the Aerie, a league south of the Arudine Hills

It was said that this northern strain was kin to the Jheck of the far south, though purportedly much larger. Korya was relieved by that thought, since these Jheleck were nearly as big as warhorses. Though resembling dogs, they were said to be intelligent, possessors of a sorcery she knew only as Soletaken, though for her that was nothing more than a word, as meaningless as so many other words Haut had uttered over the years of her captivity.

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#4 User is offline   Aertheron 

• Corporal

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 01 August 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

I'm sure you'll get to this point eventually, but just in case you haven't...

This is from Korya's POV, while living with Haut in the Aerie, a league south of the Arudine Hills

It was said that this northern strain was kin to the Jheck of the far south, though purportedly much larger. Korya was relieved by that thought, since these Jheleck were nearly as big as warhorses. Though resembling dogs, they were said to be intelligent, possessors of a sorcery she knew only as Soletaken, though for her that was nothing more than a word, as meaningless as so many other words Haut had uttered over the years of her captivity.

Tnx Stony, I actually just read that bit like 1 hour ago.
Seeing as I know next to nothing about the Jheck either, because the only thing we know is that they are soultaken, and their soultaken form is a wolf, well what is their normal thing, Human? or what?
But i'll read on, hopefully I'll find out more by RAFO

#5 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

Yeah its best to read the whole then come back. Many questions are answered (sort of) later in the text, and that's really part of the fun.

I would say that their non-wolf form is "humanoid", but it seems like they are a race unto themselves, one that shares the bipedal aspects of the other species.

Imagine if Neanderthals continued to live along side homo sapiens, and Boskop Man, Denisovians, Homo floresiensi, etc. etc. Then imagine that Elves were real (tiste) and they too mingled with all the rest. Throw in a few shapeshifters, dragons, some demons, evolved animals, and this is what ICE and SE were trying to accomplish, from a purely anthropological sense.

Don't worry too much about how these creatures are related to humans, but rather look at each as a distinct species that is trying to survive and live on using their traditions, skills and talents, when a more "civilized" society comes along and forces them to adapt or die.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users