• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Testing Interest for Dresden Game

#1 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

THIS IS NOT A SIGN UP THREAD.

This is me testing interest in a TMDI 10+ Dresden Game, possibly starting in the next 2 weeks depending on other games. (I'm hoping someone will do a TMDI1 mini after the current game as a kind of palette refresher)

There will be no spoilers for Skin Game.

In this game you may request either a specific non-major character, or a role (cult leader, killer, roleless townie).

There will be a smattering of Victory Conditions, some of which block other people from winning and some which don't. If/When you achieve your victory conditions, you can either leave the thread as a winner, or stay on thread to screw with other people. If you choose to stay you will be a victor even if you then die.

This will be a TMDI 10+ game.

Again, I'm asking who is interested in playing this game if I'm able to start it within the next 2 weeks or so (before August 15th).

I'd like 14+ to note interest and if we get that I'll post a sign up and go from there. As a note, Sign Ups will close at least 3 days before the game starts, so I can finalize selected roles and try to do a little balancing.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#2 User is offline   Starling 

• Not Docile
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

Yesyesyesmememeyes.
... a nature generally described as happy-go-fuck-yourself.

#3 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

I confirm my interest and availability,
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:18 AM

Yeahhhh boi.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Probably, but as a low-poster.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#6 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

I'm interested although if it starts in 2 weeks I'll be low-posting, get the keys to our house tomorrow so that'll give a little time to get some stuff sorted before I need to think
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#7 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

I am in, doesn't matter about posting. I forgive you Tapper, I have adopted that strategy, it seems to work :)

Anyway, count me in for all games ever (except in September 15th for 2 weeks)
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#8 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostMessremb, on 31 July 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

I'm interested although if it starts in 2 weeks I'll be low-posting, get the keys to our house tomorrow so that'll give a little time to get some stuff sorted before I need to think

So later is better for you?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#9 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostObdigore, on 31 July 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 31 July 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

So later is better for you?

I've got alternating weeks of holiday for the next month and a half - week on, week off - so posting rates will vary for a while yet, whilst later is better go with whatever works and I'll alternate spamming thread and low-posting :)
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#10 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Will knowlege of the dresdenverse be required or will it be accessible enough to people unfamiliar with it?

#11 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostInane Babble, on 31 July 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Will knowlege of the dresdenverse be required or will it be accessible enough to people unfamiliar with it?

No, knowledge of dresdenverse is not required, however there might be spoilers of the series up through Cold Days, depending on what roles/players get picked/assigned.

If you (or anyone) is super angsty about spoilers, you might want to stay away, but if you don't mind minor spoilers for minor characters, you'll be fine.

Also, start reading Dresden Files :)

#12 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostObdigore, on 31 July 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

View PostInane Babble, on 31 July 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

No, knowledge of dresdenverse is not required, however there might be spoilers of the series up through Cold Days, depending on what roles/players get picked/assigned.

If you (or anyone) is super angsty about spoilers, you might want to stay away, but if you don't mind minor spoilers for minor characters, you'll be fine.

Also, start reading Dresden Files :p

I dunno, from what I have seen on this site a lot of people really hate it.(/sarcasm)

Not really bothered about spoilers, you can make the spoilers as spoilery as you like :)

#13 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

In.(you know if there is a game...)

This post has been edited by EmperorMagus: 31 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#14 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

SO MUCH YES!!!!!!!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#15 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

I would like to continue my role from the last dresden game. I was the winner of course. :)

Totally in.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#16 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

So what makes this a TMDI:10+ ? Sounds like a TMDI:10 at most.

Also, I thought I already had dibs on a mid-August high-complexity game? Well, I know you tried to run this a while back and couldn't get enough people so if you do get enough I guess you can have the time slot.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#17 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostD, on 31 July 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Also, I thought I already had dibs on a mid-August high-complexity game? Well, I know you tried to run this a while back and couldn't get enough people so if you do get enough I guess you can have the time slot.

I didn't see your dibs anywhere. If you did it's all you and I'll shelve dresden.

#18 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostObdigore, on 31 July 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

View PostD, on 31 July 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

I didn't see your dibs anywhere. If you did it's all you and I'll shelve dresden.

I think Shin and I had talked about it in the MOD thread - him taking July and I taking August. That being said, there definitely seems to be interest/excitement for this and I know you've alluded to not having a very open schedule in the past, so if this is the only time you could easily run it, go for it, and I can make a survey thread to get an idea of when another high-number-of-players time will be.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#19 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Def in for Dresden
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

#20 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

yes
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users