• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 114 Sign-Up Thread Gladiators

#1 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

Alright, I'm going to try to run this again! I need at least 12 players, and up to 15. Next post will be a description of the game mechanics! Aside from a slightly complex NK mechanic, and the fact that there will be a Tyrant Steve style character, this is basically just a Town vs. Scum game, so TMDI 4-5. I'll start the game on Monday if we have enough signups over the weekend, if not, then I'll go for the following Monday!

1. The Unfound
2. Shinrei
3. Messremb
4. Khellendros
5. Inane Babble
6. Gust Hubb
7. Gnaw
8. D'rek
9. EmperorMagus
10. Twelve
11. Trull's Son
12. Brujah
13. Tattersail
14. Obdigore

This post has been edited by Blend: 28 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#2 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Arena Fights

Each day, Batiatus the Lanista (the Tyrant Steve style character) will announce on thread the names of two players who will face off in an Arena Fight during the upcoming Night phase.

Once the announcement is made:

The two competing players must provide their actions to Path-Shaper for the upcoming fight (see below for explanation on actions).
All other players (except Batiatus) must send a vote to Path-Shaper for which player should win in the case of a tie.

Fight Mechanics:

Each fight will consist of 5 actions. All players have at least an attack ability from their weapon. Some players have additional abilities depending on their weapons, shields and/or armour. One of the most common additional abilities is a block ability which is given to you by a shield. Any additional abilities will be described in your role PMs.

***Different Weapons, Armour, and Shields provide different advantages and/or abilities. There will be NO reveals regarding your equipment or your abilities on thread.

Actions will take into account whatever the player is holding or wearing, and will target HIGH, MID, or LOW on their target.

Once I have each of the fighters' actions in, I will compare them.

If both players attack at the same level, then it's considered a PARRY. Neither fighter takes any damage.
If someone uses a shield and his opponent attacks that same level, then it's a BLOCK.
If someone attacks at a level that the other player neither attacked nor blocked, then it's considered a HIT.

After 5 actions, whoever has been HIT most dies.

In the event of a tie, the player who has received the most support from his fellow gladiators (has the most votes) will win, and the other player dies. If there is a tie in the votes, Batiatus will be the tie breaker.

Example of an Arena Fight from start to end:

Batiatus announces on thread:

FOR TONIGHT'S ARENA FIGHT, FENER WILL FACE DENUL.

Both Fener and Denul carry a sword and a shield.

Fener submits the following for his Fight actions:

Action 1 - Attack HIGH, Block MID.
Action 2 - Attack MID, Block HIGH.
Action 3 - Attack LOW, Block HIGH.
Action 4 - Attack HIGH, Block LOW.
Action 5 - Attack MID, Block LOW.

Denul submits the following for his Fight actions:

Action 1 - Attack MID, Block HIGH.
Action 2 - Attack LOW, Block HIGH.
Action 3 - Attack LOW, Block MID.
Action 4 - Attack LOW, Block HIGH.
Action 5 - Attack HIGH, Block MID.

All other players (except Batiatus) must submit their vote for winner in case of a tie.

I then process the fight by comparing the players' actions:

Action 1 - Both players Block the attacks. No damage.
Action 2 - Both attacks hit. 1 damage each.
Action 3 - Attacks are at same level, so both players PARRY. No damage.
Action 4 - Both players Block the attacks. No damage.
Action 5 - Denul's attack hits, Fener's attack is blocked. 1 damage to Fener.

At the end of the fight, Fener has 2 damage and Denul has only 1. Denul wins the fight.

I will post on thread who the winner of the fight is, and who dies, including a full CF.

If both players had equal amount of damage at the end of a fight, whoever loses the offthread vote dies. If there is a tie in the offthread vote, Batiatus will break the tie on thread before the following Day can resume.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#3 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

I am so in for this
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

#4 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

I'm in, if I've finished my Sengoku scenes first. ^_^
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#5 User is offline   Azathmaster 

• Rewinder of High House Mafia
  • First Survivor in the Survivors' Guild

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

In for a monday August 4 start, out for a Monday July 28 start.
"To victory! It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken"

#6 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

I'm in.

I'm suffering a blip in mafia ever since the win in D'rek's game, time to get it on!!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#7 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

In 100%

#8 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 25 July 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

I'm in.

I'm suffering a blip in mafia ever since the win in D'rek's game, time to get it on!!

A big part of me still wants to give you the Tyrant Steve character, just to see what happens....

#9 User is offline   Azathmaster 

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostBlend, on 25 July 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

I'm in.

A big part of me still wants to give you the Tyrant Steve character, just to see what happens....

Oh god last time was hideous. It was too much for my second game noob mind to handle

#10 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

In.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#11 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostAzathmaster, on 25 July 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'm in.

Oh god last time was hideous. It was too much for my second game noob mind to handle

Was Khell the first Tyrant Steve?

#12 User is offline   Azathmaster 

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostBlend, on 25 July 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I'm in.

He was. He took way too much pleasure from it.

#13 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostAzathmaster, on 25 July 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

I'm in.

Heh, let's hope the list randomizer doesn't work in his favour then! ^_^

#14 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

In. As if there was any doubt. Although my internet is going to be flaky for the next two weeks; getting work done on the floor joists and sub-flooring so lots of "we have to turn the power off for 10 minutes".
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#15 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

I'm in.

Ah, good times!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#16 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 25 July 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

I'm in.

Ah, good times!

I imagine it must have been as fun to watch as Khell the Vord Queen was.

#17 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

Is there also a lynch mechanic? Is there also a regular NK mechanic? Is the Tyrant a member of the scum?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#18 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostD, on 25 July 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Is there also a lynch mechanic? Is there also a regular NK mechanic? Is the Tyrant a member of the scum?

The lynch will be the main way that town will be able to kill the Shields so that they can take down Batiatus.

There are no other NKs besides the Arena Fight results.

The scum team will be Batiatus (the Tyrant) and his Shields (most likely 2 of them). Everyone else will be the Town team.

The Shields will be able to be sent into Arena Fights a small, finite amount of times. They will be powerful, however they will still be beatable - so it would be a risk for Batiatus to do so. This should give town more of a chance to figure out who the Shields are besides complete guess-work.

There are a couple of 'roled' town members, meaning that there are a couple of town members who will have abilities that can help them win Arena Fights, or delay them.

#19 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

Alright, in.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#20 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'm in.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic