Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

Deleted

This post has been edited by .-‘: 05 October 2021 - 11:47 PM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

Sounds like that wacky Christian book series from a while back. "Left Behind" or something like that.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

It does and to me that's not a good thing.... But otoh, HBO, so I'll probably give it a look if the buzz is good.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

Looks interesting. I will be super disappointed if it is a left behind kind of thing.

#5 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

In that case I await the reviews of the collective with interest.

Do you think the timing of this is anything to do with that Resurrection show?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostBriar King, on 07 June 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

I didn't even think about Left Behind. Crap I hope not. I hated selling those books to people on Sundays.

Ed just looked it up it's based on a book by Tom Perrota so not Left Behind but it is a rapture story but gritty HBO style with sex and cursing etc.

Surely you were not selling Christian books to Christians on a Sunday, when your bookstore should be closed and everyone should be at church! Blasphemy!

As long as this isn't a Tv version of that shitty Dean R Koontz book I will be happy.

This post has been edited by Apt Hoc: 08 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

#7 User is offline   Luperci 

• Not Bruce Wayne
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Fighting crime and hanging with my Butler

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

Does anyone know the name of the song that they have been playing on the main trailer for HBO, kind of a quiet, dark theme to it? Never heard it before.
The Harder the world, the fiercer the Honor.

-Dancer

#8 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

Just watched the pilot. It was pretty good. I will be watching more.

#9 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

Any guess on what the deal is with the dogs?

#10 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

I thought the dogs were somewhat explained. They where present when their owners vanished and the experience made them go feral. Wasn't that the explanation by one of the characters?

#11 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

It was said that they were the dogs of the missing but there was no explanation as to why that would make them feral. Or why the weirdo is hunting them down and saying, "they are not our dogs". I guess it could be simple but I felt like they hinted at a more complex reason.

#12 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

Tonight's episode. That weird "hug the problems away" guy kissing the corpse on the lips was odd. At first I thought maybe the cop was making up the dog shooter but his daughter and friend saw him.<br>

This post has been edited by Stormcat: 07 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

#13 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

I can't find it in me to care about the core concept of this show, and the promo interviews suggested they would focus on the people rather than the wtf happened, which interests me even less.

That said, if it goes whole ass into sci fi territory, i may give it a shot. HBO usually keeps whole seasons in the OD for at least a year.

#14 User is offline   Luperci 

• Not Bruce Wayne
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Fighting crime and hanging with my Butler

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

View PostAbyss, on 07 July 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

I can't find it in me to care about the core concept of this show, and the promo interviews suggested they would focus on the people rather than the wtf happened, which interests me even less.

That said, if it goes whole ass into sci fi territory, i may give it a shot. HBO usually keeps whole seasons in the OD for at least a year.

I like to assume that HBO wouldn't have picked this show up if it was purely a rapture/Left behind type of deal so we have to assume there's gonna be some twist to all this. Anyone here read the book this is based on? Ive never heard of it.
The Harder the world, the fiercer the Honor.

-Dancer

#15 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostCapedCrusader, on 09 July 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 07 July 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

I like to assume that HBO wouldn't have picked this show up if it was purely a rapture/Left behind type of deal so we have to assume there's gonna be some twist to all this. Anyone here read the book this is based on? Ive never heard of it.

HBO isn't immune to bombs. I think that they do better than most big networks because of the way a subscription cable network operates, and even their worse shows tend to have at least some following, but even so, they're trying hard to fill the TRUE BLOOD sized gap coming up and/or supplement the genre market they gained with GAME OF THRONES. There's some potential for misfire.

I haven't checked ratings for LEFTOVERS... uncertain how it's doing numbers wise. Anyone know?

#16 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

It's good so far, has some weird vibe to it. I don't think it will resolve in a way to please the religious among us, somehow. The dogs are crucial to figuring out the truth. I think. And all the smoking by the cultists is making me want to have one for old times sake, funny how those habits never completely leave.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#17 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

There seems to be a running theme with animals. Dogs, a deer, now pigeons. Is it all metaphor and symbolism or is there more to this animal thing?

#18 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

I really enjoyed last nights episode. I think there is a supernatural something going on. I just hope they have a good explanation to go with it.

#19 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

I finally watched last weeks episode. It is moving things along pretty well. So far it could still go either way, mundane or magical. Now we know there are people in white in other states.

#20 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

This show is existentially awesome.

That being said, that is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen with Gladys. Good god it was fucking brutal in a not good way. It hurt me to watch it.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users