Malazan Empire: Tor.com Ask Steven Erikson Q&A - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tor.com Ask Steven Erikson Q&A Just a heads up

#1 User is offline   Ribald 

• Scholar of High House Academia
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Freelance Editor, Advance Reader, and academic with a PhD in Fantasy Literature.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

I know this has already been flagged in the Tor.com re-read thread, but I felt it could do with a bit more publicity.

http://www.tor.com/b...-dreams-q-and-a

SE is doing a Q&A about DoD and would probably take other questions as well.

Standard format of write out a question in the comments and he will probably get around to answering it eventually.
Trust me, I'm a doctor.
www.thecriticaldragon.com

#2 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

SE's answers have been posted now. There was definitely some good stuff including- serious talks about a Malazan board RPG, cover art changes for Willful Child, info on Fall of Light, and much more.

#3 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

I think the mention of "Burn's Sleep" clears up a lot of the mild wondering people have had about it from early on. Good stuff.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

worry, on 11 June 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

I think the mention of "Burn's Sleep" clears up a lot of the mild wondering people have had about it from early on. Good stuff.

Glad my question cleared up some confusion.

A great read as always. I absolutely love his response to the point of the Karsa fight in The Bonehunters.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#5 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

Yah. Do people forget that these stories came about from RPG-ing? Emphasis on the G. Have a little fun with the story, and recognize SE certainly did.

#6 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Wert's map Q&A has to be the biggest letdown of the day for me so far. Granted, it's only 8:33 in the am...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#7 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Gothos, on 12 June 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

Wert's map Q&A has to be the biggest letdown of the day for me so far. Granted, it's only 8:33 in the am...

Definitely agree with that. I guess when the RPG comes out, the geography will have to be laid out as well, so maybe there is some hope for an eventual answer, albeit distant hope.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#8 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

What?! That was my favorite part. There's so much symbolism in using a medium to communicate with numerous fans from all over the globe and yet not being able to check out a couple simple image files. It echoes that other answer about how Skype might make gaming possible again, but it loses the magic in the transmission. You guys just aren't reading deep enough into this. Masterful!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users