Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Computer Help needed Weird display issues

#1 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hi guys, bit of a bizarre one here... For some reason, my screen has turned pink whenever on Chrome. It is fine elsewhere and I haven't changed any settings on my computer or on Chrome itself that would make it do this. Chrome itself seems to be working fine (webpages are loading normally etc.) but it has gone pink and changed the hue on everything.

Here is what Chrome looks like:
Posted Image

Here is word, looking normal:
Posted Image

And my desktop, again no issues (but it is a flippin sweet pic!)
Posted Image

I have checked Chrome settings and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, and I have checked the cable on my monitor, that is fine. I have checked display settings and nothing seems out of the ordinary there. The only thing I have done differently today (yeah Chrome has been working fine all day, until now) is that I reinstalled BitLord in order to download a torrent file of a bunch of high res pictures from Imgur/Reddit that someone put up there. That's it. And I used BitLord with no issues before when I DL'd other stuff (I don't do that any more) so I'm fairly sure that isn't the problem either.

I am hoping that this goes away cos it is a bit annoying, unless there is an issue with Chrome itself which will no doubt very quickly right itself if that is the case. Any ideas otherwise???

EDIT: Checked this thread on IE and it all seems fine, no pinkness...

This post has been edited by Tiste Brent Not Abyss Weeks Simeon: 10 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Having never experienced a pink Chrome screen I am afraid that the only thing I can do to help you is to say use Firefox. Then try reinstalling Chrome.

I mean you could solve the problem by switching the hard drive and the video card then moving the cooling fan so that it makes a banging sound on the side of your PC. But unless your willing to gut a sheep and keep your PC in the carcass it isn't going to work.

This post has been edited by Vengeance: 10 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

http://code.google.c...etail?id=319115 Does this thread help?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

that was almost like overhearing robots making small talk at the time traveler's bar
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

http://usedmonkey.co...me-pink-screen/

http://www.reddit.co...creen_of_death/

#6 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

You have the Bleedingheart virus and your screen goes pink because your computer is bleeding! :sofa:

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#7 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

That Reddit thread about Chromecast seems to have sorted it! I don't have Chromecast but I switched the Use Hardware Acceleration thing off (Settings > Advanced Settings, near the bottom) and it all seems to be back to normal! :) You all rock! Especially you, D'rek. I checked and Blood was coming out of the computer so thanks for helping with that! :sofa: Rep to all!

EDIT Except Venge cos my quota ran out, sorry...

This post has been edited by Tiste Brent Not Abyss Weeks Simeon: 10 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

From this post:

Right, driver version 334.89 notes that it fixed this issue: "[Google Chrome][3D Vision]: The browser opens in stereoscopic 3D anaglyph mode.

So, it's probably related to your NVIDIA driver. Hardware acceleration uses your GPU to process certain thing (video, animations, maybe compositing...), so it would follow that, excluding a Chrome bug, any problems causes by HA being on would be related to your GPU driver/settings.

Check your driver version (Start > search "device manager" > Display Adapters > Double click your card in the list > Select 'Driver' tab and view the driver version). If it's below 334.89, you'll want to update it (assuming you have a NVIDIA card). Also, disable stereoscopic 3D in your NVIDIA control panel, if it's enabled. Reboot.

Then reenable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome. If that fixes it, leave HA on because it's good for browser performance.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 11 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

#9 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

All that and not one llama was sacrificed to Nyarlathotep...?

Threadfail.

...ah well, at least Veng acknowledged the heat sink value of sheep decomposition.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

I just ordered Chromecast, will this be an issue when it arrives? Bear in mind I am going to be using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the Chromecast and the problems were on my desktop PC...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#11 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostTiste Brent Not Abyss Weeks Simeon, on 16 April 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

I just ordered Chromecast, will this be an issue when it arrives? Bear in mind I am going to be using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the Chromecast and the problems were on my desktop PC...

I'm not sure if it uses Hardware Acceleration, so can't comment on that. But I don't think it uses Steroscopic 3D, so that shouldn't be a problem.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 16 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

#12 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostTiste Brent Not Abyss Weeks Simeon, on 16 April 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

I have a chromecast and have never had a pink issue with it. So I doubt that you will either. The one thing that I have noticed is that there is an serious lag if your casting a Chrome Tab that you are watching something on to the TV. Apps that have Chromecast ability work perfectly fine. But the Tab casting is still in beta and it kinda sucks. I tried to watch some collage football that way and there was serious video lag.

Other then that I greatly enjoy it.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#13 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

My PC is upstairs, my TV downstairs. So it will mostly be Netflix or whatever from my phone...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#14 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Same thing happened to my Google undies. They turned pink as the dickens!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#15 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

thread necro ho!

having a strange one.

Have got myself a tablet which I've plugged in and am using as a second monitor.

However when I set it up and set the whole thing as an extended monitor using the pen on the tablet causes the cursor to move about on my laptop screen and not on the tablet.
when I set it to duplicate screens the pen works perfectly, except when I go into photoshop, then a 1 or 2 inch offset occurs.
when I set it up as the sole screen everything works fine, a slight offset on the pen but that is merely a simple calibration issue.

I have done a lot of searching about but can't find an answer to this, is there some setting I'm not ticking a box on, am I being really dumb, or is this an issue anyone else has had or knows about?
I can find plenty of solutions to the offset, that seems to be driver and calibration related but I'm baffled why the touching the pen to the tablet screen causes it to move the mouse around the laptop screen which has nothing but the background up on.

Halp?

eta - when I make the laptop the main display its the same problem as having the tablet as the main display. pen moves mouse on laptop.

Basically i want to be able to draw on my tablet (which I can do, when its set as the sole disply) but have references or videos and stuff showing on my laptop screen)

This post has been edited by Macros: 03 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

#16 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:46 PM

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

#17 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

View PostApt, on 03 December 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

Also, picking up the tablet and whacking it repeatedly against the side of the monitor?

Otherwise, do you have a spare mouse around? Try switching it with the current one and see if the same problem occurs. Likely they share the same wavelength.
If the same problem occurs, I'm afraid it's time for a sacrificial chicken. Preferably virgin.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users