• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Bridge

#1 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hmm this is a show on FX a station that has a lot of original series most of which I like(Sons of Anarchy, The Americans, Wilfred) but this show wasn't catching my interest with the weird short trailers. However last night when it came on I read the description and decided to try it. I'm GLAD I did it was pretty cool. Can't wait to see this develope now. It's a team up of USA/ MEX cops trying to solve serial woman killer case that kills over both boarders.
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

This one is definitely high on my list of things to check out.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

It's the remake of a Swedish/Danish co-production of the same name. Which I've not seen yet but want to because Scandinavian TV has had a sterling reputation in recent years.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#4 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

I watched it with my wife last night and it certainly kept our attention. We both commented repeatedly on
Spoiler
I'm sure there is a pretty intense backstory to explain some or all of that, and they did hint at it in the pilot. We plan to keep watching it, for the time being at least.

#5 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

The original Danish/Swedish version is superb - probably my favourite tv show of last year.

#6 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

She seems to be some kind of mild autistic. She didnt shake the capitan's hand. She doesnt make any eye contact. She acts on impulse and speaks without empathy. Her boss at one poiint asks her to calm down and instead of looking at her and calming her down, he gives her a little shoulder check. The tape in the teuck shows kind of a need for routine. Theres more too that i've noticed, but they are getting more obvious so i think they may reveal it in episode 3.

That said, i really really like this show so far.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#7 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

No the symptoms are too on the money.

Its good writing too cuz it somewhat legitimizes the sex scene, which would be otherwise gratuitous an sensational.

This post has been edited by Spoilsport Stonny: 23 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#8 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

I think I know who yr getting at. *cough* mexican cop *cough*.

This show is at the point where it could get really good (The Killing) or get really bad (Later seasons of 24). I'm thinking if they keep up with the character development but stop trying to misdirect or mislead all the time, and refrain from creating some plot twist that is way too implausible, then we should be ok.

#9 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

This guy is making the calls, cept now his serial killer skillz are more refined. After all, he did make it all the way to Lieutenant in the El Paso, TX police dept.
Spoiler

#10 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

Seems legit.

It's definitely not this guy:

Spoiler

#11 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

It's all the retirement talk isn't it?

I'm loving the use of horse trading as symbolism. Its that kind of stuff that makes me think the show is on the right track.

#12 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

Yeah it was a good one. So now we know for sure that mutton chops guy is not a killer, more of a facilitator, and a cynical, godless one at that. Good development there. He's intriguing. And oh shit, now the cartel has a face and the tunnel becomes a fulcrum for some pretty serious shit. The last ten minutes of this episode were classic.

#13 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yeah things are really getting going. The two cartel guys: I like their back and forth. But I wasn't sure at all how they tracked down Muttonchops to some hole in the middle of the border desert. I just accept it, though, because obviously this was a development episode, not so much a things happened episode. Sure things happened, but it wasn't to any of the main characters. And even when it did, they were kind of like putting the pieces in position. I liked how the scene with Muttonchops and the strangler was like a mirror of the scene when the strangler killed muttonchops neighbor. The deaths in this show are hard to watch.

#14 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Thoughts:

- that was a stunt butt to open the show.
- meathead florida dude is as good as dead. You dont steal Lyl Lovetts pen.
- no muttonchops? Whenceforth did he go?
- dead kids really get things moving. I sense a steamroll to the finale.
- the cartel means business and business is looking good.
- our mexican detective is quite the gentleman bastard.
- i don't want a cliffhanger finale at all. This all better lead somewhere. Too many balls in the air.

#15 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ryan Bingham (see avatar) composed the theme song, so its got my vote.
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#16 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

I've changed my mind about who I think the serial killer is. I now think it is the mexican detective. He seems to be non-conspicuously (and conveniently) out of the picture when someone dies.

#17 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

Well that was an in-your-face, mouth hanging open moment in last night's episode! This show is becoming quite complicated but it has my full attention, despite the morbid subject matter most of the time. I actually need to watch this episode again as I'm afraid I may have missed some subtle things. I think I may agree with Sonia, the guy they got last night either has/had a partner or two, or jsut isn't the one who's done all of the killings. But I do not have a firm feeling on who else it might be. But I'm into this show more than I thought I might be!

#18 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

Woah! I read u guys comments before i saw the epi, but now that i did, im just speechless. This just gets better and better. Definitely not the guy. At least, not the only guy.

#19 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Yes, I'll use the spoiler tags from now on. I tried to keep from giving any details away. My wife and I are quite into this show and we weren't sure we'd like it at all. It's probably become our most anticipated of what's airing right now. We did watch the last episode again and did pick up a few things we hadn't noticed the first time, but still have no clear ideas except that we think Sonia is probably right. The closing scene of the episode still has us mystified; what was that??

#20 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Dont worry about spoilers at all. I should know better, and do know better. Talk freely if u so desire, i understand the risks. Nothing was spoiled anyway.

Im just glad muttonchops is still alive: i love rhat guy. Great character.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users