Malazan Empire: In Malaz we stand united - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

In Malaz we stand united

#1 User is offline   OberynM 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Fantasy,anime,history,JAPAN:))

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Finished the book right now...emotions swirling throgh me but wanted to share:) guess this is why we are here no?Erikson just beeing himself and playing with my heart time and time again.On a whole it rivals for me with memories of ice in epicness ever more so.I supported for silchas in the end but it seems the QB and BB and BH too much for him even in soletaken for (REALLY NO CHANCE?) Brys coming back is a defining moment.Hope to see him more in other books.Karsa Orlong is karsa orlong ..dude is becoming more human or soft hearted i would say .Not killing the blacksmith is a great improvement for him on the sensitive side,but all in all no grand finale there..no witnessing in fact:)) Hedge and Fiddle reunion not so good on the emotion side..i think the writer could have put more soul and impact for the readers as that couple is a fan favourite i think.Mael seems to me besides Krul the only elder got that gives a monkeys ass about anything related to the realm,letheras beeing the one in question.Tehol on the throne ..well i didnt expect that.Onrack and family is a tear momentun..the sadness the happines This Imass deserves a book of its own.
Last but not least Trull is gone..and that is something i didnt want to witness.It is eating my heart and happines ..Yes child,yes seran pedac is needed but trull deserved so much more after his martial prowess,courage,brotherhood and every other feeling this character brought up in all of us Words are not enough to describe this char...

P.s A big hello to everybody here at malazan and all companions in this defining series .

#2 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostOberynM, on 01 April 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

[...] Hedge and Fiddle reunion not so good on the emotion side..i think the writer could have put more soul and impact for the readers as that couple is a fan favourite i think. [...]

Iirc, it's expanded more later, but I think the point of this is to show how life goes on. Fiddler was done with grieving and moved on, but Hedge as a ghost stayed still in time, kind of, and thus their different feelings upon meeting again. Seeing a friend you knew was dead isn't funny business, and often gets overlooked elsewhere, so imo this was very well done. It's like something from your past you really want to put past you resurfacing again, ugly and grinning.

This post has been edited by Puck: 01 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostPuck, on 01 April 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

.... It's like something from your past you really want to put past you resurfacing again, ugly and grinning and launching crossbow mounted cussers at fucking dragons.

Fixed.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   Ukjent 

• First Sword

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Can't forget the small details.

#5 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

When we first encounter the Malazans through the eyes of that tavern keeper, I think its some of the best writing I've ever read.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#6 User is offline   Ruthan Good 

• Magi House 94

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yup. An Yan Tovis's reaction to them as well.
I don't have time to consider things I have to consider.

#7 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

Finished the book right now...emotions swirling throgh me but wanted to share:( guess this is why we are here no?Erikson just beeing himself and playing with my heart time and time again.

P.s A big hello to everybody here at malazan and all companions in this defining series .

Understand very well. I came here the first time looking for specific answers, but stayed for exactly this.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#8 User is offline   OberynM 

• Sergeant
  • Interests:Fantasy,anime,history,JAPAN:))

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

This book is sometimes eating the very heart of me ..So many characters over the series have died pointless deaths to no purpose just for the thrill of Hood.But i guess it takes on a lot of real life .I really hope this forum gets bigger with more people letting go of useless tv shows ,bad books and stuff and just emerge in a great literary creation.

View PostKarsa, on 05 April 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

Finished the book right now...emotions swirling throgh me but wanted to share^_^ guess this is why we are here no?Erikson just beeing himself and playing with my heart time and time again.

Understand very well. I came here the first time looking for specific answers, but stayed for exactly this.

#9 User is offline   CutterYounghand 

• Recruit

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Bloody hell...

"Weeper's Gale"...

Toc. Toc the m******ing Younger. Toc friggin' Anaster.

Why? Why? Why?

Why?

#10 User is offline   anosh 

• Recruit

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

Nice post helps me alot thank you

This post has been edited by anosh: 25 November 2015 - 11:41 AM

#11 User is online   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostCutterYounghand, on 08 June 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Bloody hell...

"Weeper's Gale"...

Toc. Toc the m******ing Younger. Toc friggin' Anaster.

Why? Why? Why?

Why?

That.

Just finishing RG on my current re-read. Beak and Toc both happened on my train to work this morning. Still brings me to tears.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users