Malazan Empire: Tec the Tractor... - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tec the Tractor... Anybody from Holland?

#1 User is offline   Acorn 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • SHHH!!

The walls have feet.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

This is an odd question, but since so many of our Malazan brethren (and sisteren) are from so many places, I would like to ask.

Is anybody here from Holland?

And if so - is there any chance in hell you can locate a "Tec the Tractor" toy? (the bigger the better I think)

Reason:

Tec the Tractor is a program segment that comes on the Baby First channel from Dish Network here. From what I could gather, Tec the Tractor is filmed in Holland (And only this based on some of the footage including Holland on buildings, signs and a Mail Carrier I think) And there is absolutely NOTHING in the US in the nature of Tec toys or merchandise aside from the DvD of episodes.

So it is with great hope that I ask if anybody in Holland (or who knows about Tec in any other country) and knows where I could get a Toy for my 10 month old (would love to give it to him as an early birthday gift!!)

I've looked all over the internet, searching google and yahoo (I hate Bing, =p) and have not found anything at all... I even went through several sites to check on substitute Tractor toys and couldn't find anything aside from a $40 Wood tractor that is only kind of close.

So if you have any idea what Tec the Tractor is and may even know where a toy tractor of him can be found, I'd be forever in your debt for pointing me in the right direction!

PS: I know this is an extremely odd request for this forum, but I have become desperate in the Tec trace race...

Edit: Mods if this is in the wrong place, I apologize and would appreciate it being moved to the proper upright position in the proper seat.

This post has been edited by Acorn: 28 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Tec the Tractor is from Wales.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

Well, Tapper is in Holland I think...but yes, Worry is correct.

Tecwyn the Tractor is Welsh: SC4 S4/C out of Wales produces Tec The Tractor. The contact web site for the network is: www.s4c.co.uk/e_index.shtml
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Can one of you mail me a tulip?

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

I have tulip mania, you see.

#6 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

An admittedly brief search also seems to reveal that there have never been any toys produced based on the series, sorry! I may be wrong in that, however, just got it from what I found from responses to other people searching for the same thing.

#7 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

View Postworrywort, on 28 February 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

I have tulip mania, you see.

Here you go:

Posted Image

It's a good book!

#8 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

That's me in the background.

#9 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Hmmm I think S4C has an HQ near my house will keep my eyes open. I know a girl who works (or at least used to work) for S4C she might know...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#10 User is offline   Acorn 

• Sergeant
  • SHHH!!

The walls have feet.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Oh wow! Welsh?

Well then, that is oddly reassuring. I could've sworn I had been in that area before, and with several trips to the UK under (and above?) my belt (that's an odd saying) I feel vindicated. As I have spent a good deal of time roaming the Welsh countryside with friends... Of course then I became a broken (physically and monetarily) person and travel was suddenly a shiny piece of my past never to return to such luster again...... Sigh.....................

But! Thank you all so far! I'm NOT entirely sure what the tulip thing has to do with the preschooler program... And it sounds rather creepy in connection... but to each there own?

I will more than likely just have to carve him one, in the non existent free time that I have... But TS, if you could find out for me that'd be great. I'm not trying to be a nut-job that over pampers or spoils their kid, but he's a damned good kid and for some reason has taken to Tec(wyn) the little red Tractor quite a bit. He is getting his molars in early (4-5 months early) and he was really bad yesterday, but Tec on the TV would quit him fussing in half a second of intro music.

So I figure I'll do what I can, worst case is I make one, and it will look rather simple and probably not be very good... I haven't carved wood before, though I do well at sculpture. With a soft enough wood it might not be bad.

But thanks everyone... -tears up a little- love my fellow Malazan junkies!

#11 User is offline   Sweetcaroline 

• Recruit

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:01 AM

View PostAcorn, on 02 March 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Oh wow! Welsh?

Well then, that is oddly reassuring. I could've sworn I had been in that area before, and with several trips to the UK under (and above?) my belt (that's an odd saying) I feel vindicated. As I have spent a good deal of time roaming the Welsh countryside with friends... Of course then I became a broken (physically and monetarily) person and travel was suddenly a shiny piece of my past never to return to such luster again...... Sigh.....................

But! Thank you all so far! I'm NOT entirely sure what the tulip thing has to do with the preschooler program... And it sounds rather creepy in connection... but to each there own?

I will more than likely just have to carve him one, in the non existent free time that I have... But TS, if you could find out for me that'd be great. I'm not trying to be a nut-job that over pampers or spoils their kid, but he's a damned good kid and for some reason has taken to Tec(wyn) the little red Tractor quite a bit. He is getting his molars in early (4-5 months early) and he was really bad yesterday, but Tec on the TV would quit him fussing in half a second of intro music.

So I figure I'll do what I can, worst case is I make one, and it will look rather simple and probably not be very good... I haven't carved wood before, though I do well at sculpture. With a soft enough wood it might not be bad.

But thanks everyone... -tears up a little- love my fellow Malazan junkies!

There are Tec the Tractor plush toys and t-shirts on the baby 1st website. Not sure if you were looking for anything like that, but I hope maybe you'll find something you like.

#12 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:59 AM

Wow that's a thread necro GH would be proud of.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#13 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

And their first post no less. Impressive.

or creepy.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#14 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

The only way to become King of the Thread Necromancers is to kill the old one and consume his flesh.

#15 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

Don't discourage the member with a sweet song name as their handle.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#16 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

I am not. I am telling him to kill and eat Gust Hubb. Gust Hubb is full of delicious nutrients.

#17 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

Well, I can get behind a nice nutritious cannibalism message then.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#18 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

Cannibalism is the least evil of all the isms. Because everything with an ism in it is automatically evil.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#19 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

My assessment: I like the smooth transition, making you look twice to make sure the dates really are 2 years and 2 days apart (great timing too with the March to March pairing). And there is no pretentiousness in the post, which is helpful, respectable. Fellas, this newb is a natural.

As for my flesh....

I can provide finger and toenail clippings on the market quite regularly for a small sum. I guess I should start keeping my leaving from haircuts. For those looking to vampyrism, arrangements can be made, for a price. And for those looking for fleshy flesh, skin, muscle, fat, brain, etc., well, if I ever skin my knee, I'll keep the flap of dead skin just for you.

Edit: As to killing me, you're a little late there. I'm already dead :D

This post has been edited by Gust Hubb: 06 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#20 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

What is dead may never die
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users