Malazan Empire: Crippled God and Rhulad - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crippled God and Rhulad Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Studious Lock 

• Whore of the State
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens
  • Interests:Playing sexy, sexy mandolin.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Its never bothered me that some of these story lines dont add to the end goal. if you want to make them add up in your own head thats your thing, but not mine. Dont forget SE dropped us in the middle of the world because there is no true beginning or end. Some peoples stories are worth telling, regardless of what they add to the final. This isn't just a linear story line, its a time.

But as far as the crippled god goes, he causes pain to others because that is all he knows. He was brought down in desperation and vengeance, chained, whilst a crippled being out of fear.and attacked in anyway possible. Are you surprised that this being needlessly lashes out, without tactical awareness?

this post is my drunken opinion, so be kind when pointing out holes in my argument :)
Hi, I'm Tom, and I put the Man in Mandolin.

#22 User is offline   Jakim 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

After I finished Crippled God, this was one of the first questions in my mind. Because on first sight, most of Letheri arc looks pointless, yeah I read comment in this thread, about, conquering Forkul Assail (the same about Dominium).
But first thing, which came to my mind was, what if he just want to be free, without chains, without pain. What if the sword was made, to release him. With every killed champion, the power of sword was stronger and in one moment (maybe also Karsa was involved in this plan as swordwielder, because Rhulad won't be strong enough) the sword will be powerfull enough to break chains.
It was my first read of Malazan Book of the Fallen, so I could miss something, and during rereading I absolutely change my mind, but with this theory, Crippled God behaviour looks like behaviour very desperate man.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users