• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Christmas Presents

#1 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

Thanksgiving is over so now let's post about Christmas. What presents do you want? What presents are you buying for everybody? P.S. If you're just gonna make heartfelt handmade "gifts" for people don't bother posting, you talkin' out the side of ya neck and ain't nobody wanna hear it.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#2 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

I shall be buying a turtle lamp for my niece and nephews that will project a star-filled sky onto the ceiling. My parents and sister? Don't really know what to get them.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#3 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'll be buying them fuck all.

#4 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

The present of my presence is present enough.

All who know me and meet me are unbelievably blessed.
meh. Link was dead :(

#5 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Double bananagrams and a moleskin notebook.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#6 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#7 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

What's a bananagram and how do you double one?

#8 User is offline   Soulcrusher 

• Sergeant

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

The only presents I'm getting are for the girlfriend, New Samsung Galaxy Tab, a couple of shirts from threadless, blackmilk dress, some owl stuff andddddd maybe some perfume.

#9 User is offline   Baco Xtath 

• Wait. What?
  • Interests:Reading, writing, building, fly fishing, anime, MMA, and being a father.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

I'm the fucking presents master. I got my niece and nephew po-go balls, some books, beanies, and some other trinkets. Got my oldest brother a Sandisk Sansa already loaded with 14 books I know he'll love, and the game Beat the Parents for him and his young'ens. Got my dad a Makita Lithium Ion 18v impact drill set. Got my other brother a S.O.G. Flash II and a Justice Liberty Coin (which I feel stupid about). Mom's getting a Kindle Fire. My girls - oh, it'll be ridiculous. My wife? Last year I spent $200 on her stocking alone (including a $15 jar of the best mustard on Earth), so lord knows what I'll end up getting her this year. My in-laws love that I do the shopping - got my wife's nephew a set of trick cards and how-to dvd, got brother-in-law a set of gymnastic rings and a krav maga book, sister-in-law gets leopard pajamas, and crock-pots go to mother and grandmother-in-law. I love, love buying gifts. And I'm fucking good at it. I know it's not the point of Christmas but I can't help myself.

What do I want for Christmas? ...............All that money back.
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett, Jingo"Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken." - Terry Pratchett, Eric
"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of a lack of wisdom." - Terry Pratchett

#10 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostSoulcrusher, on 25 November 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

The only presents I'm getting are for the girlfriend, New Samsung Galaxy Tab, a couple of shirts from threadless, blackmilk dress, some owl stuff andddddd maybe some perfume.

Is it the R2D2 dress?

#11 User is offline   Soulcrusher 

• Sergeant

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

hahaha nah the nintendo controller one :sofa:

The r2d2 dress looks amaze though =)

#12 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

View Postworrywort, on 24 November 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

What's a bananagram and how do you double one?

Attached File  Picture 1.png (47.82K)
Number of downloads: 1 x2
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#13 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

As a Jew I find I appreciate almost any Christmas gift.

You know between Easter and Christmas you guys really get the best holidays. Celebrating the Birth, Death and Resurrection of your lord with chocolate and gifts is just brilliant!

#14 User is offline   Mrs Savagely Wishy Washy 

• unaligned and irremediable
  • Interests:vested.
  • Ugly is the new pretty.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostBaco Xtath, on 25 November 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

I'm the fucking presents master. I got my niece and nephew po-go balls, some books, beanies, and some other trinkets. Got my oldest brother a Sandisk Sansa already loaded with 14 books I know he'll love, and the game Beat the Parents for him and his young'ens. Got my dad a Makita Lithium Ion 18v impact drill set. Got my other brother a S.O.G. Flash II and a Justice Liberty Coin (which I feel stupid about). Mom's getting a Kindle Fire. My girls - oh, it'll be ridiculous. My wife? Last year I spent $200 on her stocking alone (including a $15 jar of the best mustard on Earth), so lord knows what I'll end up getting her this year. My in-laws love that I do the shopping - got my wife's nephew a set of trick cards and how-to dvd, got brother-in-law a set of gymnastic rings and a krav maga book, sister-in-law gets leopard pajamas, and crock-pots go to mother and grandmother-in-law. I love, love buying gifts. And I'm fucking good at it. I know it's not the point of Christmas but I can't help myself.

Sounds FAMILIAR.... only with us it's the whole family. Our Christmas tree sits on top of a mountain of presents. My mum usually plans to implement Secret Santa at some point during the year so that everybody gives one and receives one present but when it's time to decide whether Secret Santa or Battle of Presents - well, Secret Santa usually packs up pretty quickly and the battle is on.

View PostCause, on 28 November 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

As a Jew I find I appreciate almost any Christmas gift.

You know between Easter and Christmas you guys really get the best holidays. Celebrating the Birth, Death and Resurrection of your lord with chocolate and gifts is just brilliant!

Nothing quite like a Chocolate Jesus to pick you up.

This post has been edited by Miss Savage: 28 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

but are they worth preserving?
'that judgement does not belong to you.'

#15 User is offline   Catherine 

• Lieutenant
  • Interests:SCA<br />International Side-saddle Association<br />good books<br />the Space Channe<br />Arabian horses

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

bought a case of white wine to give out, plus made homemade Irish cream for my party guests, plus real warm underwear for my sister and brother-in-law for sitting in cold rinks watching m nephew (the next Sid the Kid of course) play hockey in Winnipeg (called Winterpeg)

#16 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostBaco Xtath, on 25 November 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

Wow. I love getting presents for people, especially the stuff they really really like but comes as a complete surprise.

So disorganised this year - I've had no time at all, and I still have no idea what to get for Mrs T. It's her birthday on 4th January too, so I usually just get a pile of stuff and then sort which she gets for Christmas and what she gets for her birthday.

Really stumped this year though. She doesn't want anything I've hinted at so far. She has bags, clothes, fragrances, phone, kindle, jewelry, shoes...
and I've only got a couple of non-work days to get to shops before christmas. Or I'm going to have to go nuts on the internet trying to find something original. Anything!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#17 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

I got into the bad habit of taking my parents and brother on a shopping spree for christmas. We hit the mall and I get everybody items they like and vice versa. On christmas we just share cards and cook up a storm, enjoying whatever gifts we received prior to the day.

I do this for my wife and in-laws aswell. My wife is really difficult to buy for. I often try one surprise gift, often cheapish, and one wanted gift that kicks my pockets to the curb. The reason my family does this is to kinda focus the day for church activities and stuff like that.

This christmas I bought my families shoes. They all seemed to one them which is really bizarre. Might get my brother a PS3 game though and my mom and wife will get some bonus jewellry, probably some dresses to match the shoes.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#18 User is offline   Lizradusa 

• A Flare Unholiest
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

I usually make everyone something selfcrafted, mostly from paper. Apart from my brother, he always gets a book. Sadly, this year I have yet to have a practicable idee for both.
Posted Image 'Tired of Wasting Time, Let LizInc organize your lazyness!' - Obdigore Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Christmas gifts are a no-no in my family (us Dutchies have a gift giving day on the 5th of december instead, also long since cancelled), but my girlfriend seems hell bent on giving me Red Country for christmas. In return, I'll probably get her a blender, a sauté pan and/or a boardgame, 2 of which she has made pretty plain that she'd like to acquire.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#20 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

I started buying my brother model car kits since hes into cars and wanted to give him something that doesn't involve video games or electronics. I used to put together model airplanes and helicopters when I was young. Man those things were awesome. I moved away and my grandma threw them all out. Still sad about that. He seems to like em so that's good. Plus the glue smells sooooo good.

I would want a camera that I can use for skiing/windsurfing/all that other stuff. Anyone have experience with the GoPro cameras? Seems like those are the ones that are mostly used. Theres also a Sony Action Cam and some Contour and something else but not sure about those. Also want some nice driving gloves for the winter days.

I'm really terrible with gifts so no clue what to buy my parents. I was thinking a compass for my father as he mentioned that he would want one but I have no damn idea what makes a good compass or anything. I think he was referring to an older looking/brass type deal thing, which do looks cool.

I'm just gonna make cards that specify the time I spend thinking of a perfect gift... and them making a card.
No Touchy.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users