• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#841 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:52 AM

8 for me.. the 17th will be a loong day til 8pm.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#842 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:51 PM

Heads up, Greg Grunberg (a friend of JJ's who is in most of his movies and TV series; best known from HEROES as the mind reader guy) revealed his Resistance Pilot character's name is "Snap" Wexley.

Now, those who have read the Chuck Wendig book AFTERMATH will know who this is, but for those that haven't: The protagonist from the book is Norra Wexley, a Y-Wing pilot who flew with Lando, Nien Nunb and the Falcon on the 2nd Death Star attack run that destroyed the reactor, has a son on her home planet of Akiva named Temmin. Temmin is about 15 in the book (a year after the battle of Endor) and is a tech wiz (with a repurposed, matte black and red painted B1 batteldroid as a bodyguard named Mr. Bones). Considering that TFA takes place 30 years after Endor, and his mother was a pilot...I'd say that chances are very high that "Snap" Wexley is Temmin, grown up and joined up with the Resistance. The ages (Grundberg is mid-to-late 40's) line up perfectly, and Temmin had a habit of "snapping his fingers when nervous, something he picked up form his father".

If so, this will be a nice little worldbuilding nod with, what will likely be a bit part.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 09 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#843 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

Nerd.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#844 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostAbyss, on 09 December 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Neeeeeeeerrrrrrrd.

FTFY.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#845 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

Also, for those avoiding spoilers...there is a MASSIVE one kicking around in the form of a toy/figure package shot. DO NOT click anything to do with it if you want to be fresh.

I ran across it accidentally on a thread over at Theforce.net by some jackass who posted it without warning and non-spoiler-tagged. The douchnozzle.

#846 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

I haven't even seen the later trailers as I want to see this movie with a fresh and open mind. This will be my second Star Wars in theatres after Revenge of the Sith, which I loved.

#847 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostAndorion, on 09 December 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

I haven't even seen the later trailers as I want to see this movie with a fresh and open mind. This will be my second Star Wars in theatres after Revenge of the Sith, which I loved.

Oh gods, this will be my sixth in theatres...as I saw EMPIRE as a lad of like 4. The only one I never saw in theatres was ANH, as that was the year I was born.

#848 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 December 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Also, for those avoiding spoilers...there is a MASSIVE one kicking around in the form of a toy/figure package shot. DO NOT click anything to do with it if you want to be fresh.

I ran across it accidentally on a thread over at Theforce.net by some jackass who posted it without warning and non-spoiler-tagged. The douchnozzle.

I was pretty sure the info in question had been kicking around for a month or more already, but maybe that was just an assumption on my part based on some fairly obvious hints.

It'll be ok, i promise....

Posted Image

#849 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:18 PM

View PostAbyss, on 09 December 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 December 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

I was pretty sure the info in question had been kicking around for a month or more already, but maybe that was just an assumption on my part based on some fairly obvious hints.

It'll be ok, i promise....

Posted Image

Perhaps. But this is Full-on confirmation of that particular spoiler. I dunno, part of me wishes I'd not known till I saw it happen.

#850 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 December 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yeah whatever it is I don't want to know. That's why I stay away from TF.N now

Ok but when Phasma takes off that helmet and turns out to be Jar Jar, you're going to wish you had cushioned the blow a little.

#851 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 December 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

Perhaps. But this is Full-on confirmation of that particular spoiler. I dunno, part of me wishes I'd not known till I saw it happen.

Sounds familiar!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#852 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:41 AM

Let us all take our large helmets off. We can't breathe in them anyways.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#853 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostBriar King, on 10 December 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 09 December 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 09 December 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yeah whatever it is I don't want to know. That's why I stay away from TF.N now

Ok but when Phasma takes off that helmet and turns out to be Jar Jar, you're going to wish you had cushioned the blow a little.

Stop typing this horseshit!!! Don't jinx us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Sorry, sorry, look at least everyone knows about the whole Ewoks are time traveling Wookies from the future thing, right?

#854 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:07 PM

That aired back in the day on Teletoon in Canada, I watched it. Good stuff.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 10 December 2015 - 02:52 PM

#855 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 December 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

I've posted a link in CW thread of the 1st CW cartoon incase some of y'all don't go to that thread I ll link here as well. Y'all should check it out for some insane Force use. This came out in 03 to 05(I think) in 2-5 minute increments but some of you not in States may not have been able to see it.. Y'all should now. QT & Abyss & Ando may really enjoy this.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=XVk9lPotcW4

I have seen this. It aired when i was in school and I absolutely loved it! Why couldn't Episode 2 have been this instead of Anakin moping around and floating fruit?

#856 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostAndorion, on 10 December 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

I've posted a link in CW thread of the 1st CW cartoon incase some of y'all don't go to that thread I ll link here as well. Y'all should check it out for some insane Force use. This came out in 03 to 05(I think) in 2-5 minute increments but some of you not in States may not have been able to see it.. Y'all should now. QT & Abyss & Ando may really enjoy this.

I have seen this. It aired when i was in school and I absolutely loved it! Why couldn't Episode 2 have been this instead of Anakin moping around and floating fruit?

Mothertrucking, this!

I watched the hell out of the first one, then finally got the 2nd and it was nowhere near as good as the first.

I still bust'em out and watch them every once in a while.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#857 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

The only thing is that I LOATHE Tartakovsky's animation style, so the series will never be as good as the one that followed for me.

#858 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

QT busting out the Apt-level opinions I see
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#859 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:18 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 10 December 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

QT busting out the Apt-level opinions I see

Hey, someone's gotta show support for batshit crazy, unpopular opinions!

#860 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostAndorion, on 10 December 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Because Lucas.

Sadly.

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic