• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#701 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:23 AM

What are those things they're holding? Swords?! LOL I thought they like shot laser beams and stuff in these movies. Now they're gonna do swords LMAO. Probably just trying to rip off the Lord of the Rings movies. Haha it's even a trilogy I heard. No wonder nobody likes George Lukas these days!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#702 User is offline   Hocknose 

• High Fist

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Where's Luke?

...or maybe he is Kylo Ren!!!!

This post has been edited by Hocknose: 19 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

#703 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostHocknose, on 19 October 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

Where's Luke?

...or maybe he is Kylo Ren!!!!

The rumour has been that Luke is in seclusion during a large portion of the film, with others either looking for him, or aware that he's off doing something. There are two schools of thought on why this is:

1. Kylo and Rey are brother and sister (kids of Han and Leia; Note their weapons paralleled in the above poster), and after attempting to train them in the Jedi arts, Kylo goes bad, and Luke goes into seclusion feeling that he has failed as a teacher...and something brings him out of hiding in the third act. (Please note: I don't particularly like this theory, as I don't feel that Luke would be either a bad teacher, nor that he would run away when the going got tough)

2. Luke has CHOSEN to go off into the wilds to learn more about the Force and become the teacher he needs to be to ensure a new Jedi order is established...when all hell breaks loose with the First Order, Kylo Ren, and the rest...(there are shots of a lone (probably untrained) Finn wielding Anakin's old blue lightsaber against Kylo in a snowy forest) and he is either found or learns of the catastrophe facing the New Republic and returns to train the next generation. (this one I like better, as it seems MUCH more in line with Luke as he was after Endor)

They have been mostly keeping Luke under wraps in the media and marketing so far (with only one lone image leaking off the set)....but they have also kept Max Von Sydow and Andy Serkis characters COMPLETELY under wraps as well...and we only know the latter's official name (Supreme Leader Snoke) and have seen hide nor hair of what either look like in character.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 19 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#704 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

Tickets booked for 17th December at the Odeon Leicester Square Posted Image

#705 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostSerenity, on 19 October 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Bloody UK tickets going on sale before North America! Blerg.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#706 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 October 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 19 October 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Bloody UK tickets going on sale before North America! Blerg.

^_^ :D

#707 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:19 PM

Tickets booked for the 17th! :D
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#708 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostBriar King, on 19 October 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

That is the absolute worst decision to not have Luke on that poster. I mean come on its SW and its LUKE SKYWALKER so how can you not have him on your interest generating poster that's going up in theaters for people to walk by.... That's BS!!!

Actually, I think it's pretty solid from a marketing POV. If Luke's not on the poster, it's got everyone talking about why (#WhereIsLuke is trending on social media apparently)...and as a result the excitement is palpable, and the arguments about just what role our resident elder Jedi plays in TFA is on everyone's lips.

It would be nice to see him on it...but the fact that he's not on it (when we KNOW he's in the film), is cause for buzz...and that's a marketing win I think.

I have a FEELING (I could be wrong) that we will get a glimpse of him in tonight's trailer.

Just my two cents.

#709 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:15 AM

New trailer:

Very good.

#710 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostBriar King, on 20 October 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

I keep trying to get on TF.N but it's obviously got massive traffic and crashing.

I was trying too. Totally crashing.

Also, spent OVER A FUCKING HOUR trying to get tix to the Dec 17th Midnight showings. The coding on the Cineplex site was atrocious. I was logged into my actual account, which is how I always buy tix...and I'd get all the way through the checkout process and it would try to tell me my email adress was invalid (it's not, I buy tix with it all the time)...I lost SO many pairs of fucking seats over that hour. My rage level was high. I finally got seats (decent, not great, and not IMAX like I wanted)...but I just want to phone up Cineplex and say "Way to anititcpate the movie ticket sales guys...your site got overwhelmed in seconds. Slow Clap."

The trailer is gorgeous. Not TOO much new info there...Kylo being a Vader fan was a rumour till now...

And still no Luke. His reveal better be nothing short of glorious in the movie. I mean he's not on ANY of the media and this is the last trailer and the final poster...he's been absent from everything but a stolen set photo. It's bizarre.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 October 2015 - 03:40 AM

#711 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:45 AM

I kinda loved the whole thing.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#712 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:10 AM

I think you are freaking out over nothing.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#713 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:11 AM

Love it.

Personally, I'm the opposite end of the spectrum to you, BK.. I read one or two EU books but was never grabbed by it.

I love the way they're keeping Luke under wraps for a theatre reveal - it will be awesome. And the Jedi being nothing but legend opens the way for a whole new beginning, for both sides, and everyone watching.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#714 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostTraveller, on 20 October 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

Love it.

Personally, I'm the opposite end of the spectrum to you, BK.. I read one or two EU books but was never grabbed by it.

I love the way they're keeping Luke under wraps for a theatre reveal - it will be awesome. And the Jedi being nothing but legend opens the way for a whole new beginning, for both sides, and everyone watching.

I know it's a cliche, but I kinda want a cloak wearing Luke to step out from the shadows and effortlessly crush a tie-fighter into a tiny ball.

I didn't think I'd be particularly excited by another Star Wars movie. I was wrong.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 20 October 2015 - 07:14 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#715 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:35 AM

If the movie's half as good as the trailer . . .

Is this where I have to start collecting action figures again? Posted Image

#716 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

Full thoughts:

That trailer was amazing.

I love that they seem to KNOW that we (Star Wars fans) are already sold on this film, and as such it doesn't need to follow the music cues, or visual nods of the previous two teasers/trailers...and this one is constructed with more of a widespread audience in mind. That's nice from a marketing POV. The opening tinkling piano is VERY reminiscent of the behind the scene's video from SDCC (music from THAT video "Epiphany" by Phillip Shephard), and I think they were aware how much that scored with fans and gave us gooseflesh. It works just as well here.

Rey wreck diving a Super Star Destroyer was gloriously shot, the repel/slide down the rope is so awesome. As are the mostly quiet following shots establishing the "lonely planet" stuff: Rey and BB-8 alone on the dunes, the ship in the upper atmosphere climbing higher.

I love, love, love the shots of, and voice of Kylo...goosflesh-inducing again. The Knights of Ren in the rain, is also gorgeous.

The most poetic thing about the trailer...is easily the fact that it's Han Solo (former Jedi skeptic) who explains to the next generation that it's all true, the Jedi, the Dark side, everything...I could NOT think of a better way to start off a new trilogy, than by having the biggest convert speak to the Next Gen.

Query, will Maz be a force sensitive? Her dialogue seems to imply that she's knowledgeable about it...I wonder what her role will be?

I could not help but get emotional when Han hugged Leia.

And Kylo VS Finn in the forest (Kylo Sans mask!) looks to be epically badass.

Basically, I can't wait. Like really, really can't wait.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 October 2015 - 01:30 PM

#717 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 October 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

I love that they seem to KNOW that we (Star Wars fans) are already sold on this film, and as such it doesn't need to follow the music cues, or visual nods of the previous two teasers/trailers.

I love the way it uses the Han/Leia and Force themes, though. Those pieces of music give me goosebumps every time I hear them Posted Image

#718 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostSerenity, on 20 October 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

I love that they seem to KNOW that we (Star Wars fans) are already sold on this film, and as such it doesn't need to follow the music cues, or visual nods of the previous two teasers/trailers.

I love the way it uses the Han/Leia and Force themes, though. Those pieces of music give me goosebumps every time I hear them Posted Image

Agreed, and from what I hear it's a new arrangement of those pieces by Williams...they swell in an interesting way. The piece that plays over the Kylo scene and the Knight's Of Ren in the rain appears to be new? I could be wrong.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

#719 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 October 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 20 October 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Agreed, and from what I hear it's a new arrangement of those pieces by Williams...they swell in an interesting way. The piece that plays over the Kylo scene and the Knight's Of Ren in the rain appears to be new? I could be wrong.

The bit in the rain is where the Force theme kicks in, I think.

#720 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

I got tickets!! At the coolest theater in the valley out here. Actually my buddy got them.

Assigned Seating..Recliners and Dinner. So psyched for this.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google