Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Draconus A quick catch up Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sendintank 

• Grunt
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hello there folks. I'm a long time follower of the forums and now I need your help! I have just begun reading tCG and other threads have brought me up to date with the happenings of DoD. But for the life of me, I cannot remember a single thing about Draconus' antics throughout this book(DoD). I'd appreciate, as the title suggests, a quick catch up or a point in the right direction. Cheers in advance!

This post has been edited by Sendintank: 12 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

#2 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Draconus:

1. Gets out of Dragnipur due to it being broken in TTH, and...
2. Proceeds to generally kick ass, because that is what he does.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. Hopefully someone who's read DoD more recently than I will see this thread.

This post has been edited by Kanese S's: 12 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

He arrives in dramatic fashion on the continent, his very emergence freezing to death the vast majority of two armies in a matter of minutes, just as a byproduct. He then finds Ublala Pung, who happens to carry an ancient weapon/armor combo provided by that old hunch-backed Tarthenol's ghost, who's hanging out in the dead Azath's graveyard. They then bump into the young Barghast lady who'd been out on her initiation thing with other girls (most of whom were slaughtered by the KCCM Shi'gal), who is now taking care of an old Barghast lady who survived Draconus's coming but is pretty sickly anyway.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Black Winged Lord 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

The armies he squishes like bugs are the remnants of the White face Barghast (all save the senan who flee the battle, and the gilk who are travelling with the bolkando queen) who were facing the A'krynnai under Scepter Irkullas.

Also epic moment when he draws his sword out of darkness "dripping cold".

As Worry said, he meets up with Ublala, and then further down the track Ralata who's a skincut barghast that Pung wants to hook up with, and then coolly kills off that other barghast bitch.

#5 User is offline   Sendintank 

• Grunt

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

Many thanks. I think I can go headlong into the final book with a pretty good grasp of most of the story arcs now. I've re-read all books bar DoD and now just really want to find out(hopefully)the fates of all the brilliant characters. Off I go!

#6 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

This is the best Draconus moment.

Ublala licked his lips, "Draconus?"
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#7 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

To me the most defining moment of DOD regarding Draconus was when he snapped the neck of the mad Barghast woman.

This act said a lot about him. It was a mercy. Showing that he is capable of sympathising with a mortal and cares enough to change her situation. It was also quick and efficient and with little after thought. Showing he is capable of killing with ease and with no remorse. I think it helped to paint a picture of a Elder God that was not always cruel. A man who is capable of destroying a hundred thousand lives on a whim (was it just an accident?) and yet still notice the plight of a single Barghast.

It suggests that Draconus is much like Rake, a god who cares about justice and the greater good.

#8 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Apparently his legendary creulty has been blunted by Dragnipur so theres that to consider though ofc he seems unconcerned his presence has killed around 30000 people for very little reason. That rivals the battle for Moonspawn in GOTM and he doesnt even mean to or care.

#9 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Well, what would he be able to do about it? Beyond maybe an "Oh, well, that sucks," there's really nothing to be done about that. He strikes me as not one to spend time on regret that won't accomplish anything.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#10 User is offline   hansebee 

• Recruit

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

sorry I have to say at this point how I **love** the Draconus - Ublala scenes over the two books, the almighty being and the innocent simpleton (and the vicious hag, which is just a bit cliché but also, not). Their last scene together has some great remarks by both of them, you'll see.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users