• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ONCE UPON A TIME discussion w/spoilers for weekly new episodes

#161 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

Much better beginning than the Frozen arc.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#162 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:45 PM

View PostBriar King, on 05 November 2015 - 04:33 AM, said:

View Postacesn8s, on 02 November 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Much better beginning than the Frozen arc.

Fucking right it is. I'm happy I'm enjoying this 1st half of S5 and once again it's Rumple that is shining the brightest.

What? He's barely been in the season! :p Anyway, I like him even so. His change from a wussy to a hero was kinda sudden but it's TV so my expectations for reality are not nearly as high as with books, thus, it didn't bother me although I noticed it. I'm just glad to have a him a bit closer to what he was as the DO/Mr. Gold. The ending comment to Emma ("None of them is me" or something like it), while pretty badass, was also extremely cliche and cringe worthy. :)

And yes, it's better than the frozen arc. Personally I've found it to be the best start to a season since Season 3B.

This post has been edited by Esa1996: 05 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

#163 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

View PostBriar King, on 05 November 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

Screen time is moot. I'm talking arc wise Rumple has always been my fav.

He's my favorite too. I was kind of worried that he'd stay like he was in the last two episodes, but the end of the last one seemed to be a turn for the better. Kinda still annoyed that he can't do all the cool magic stuff he used to do as the DO. Light magic would be his thing this time though.

#164 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:06 PM

I'm not digging Jennifer's dark swan portrayal. I think understand why she is so reserved, so restrained, but find it boring.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#165 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostBriar King, on 05 November 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

It's what I'm thinking since we got a taste of him being Light Mage hero last season. He must become Savior and basically become White Vader since Emma is dark ATM. Speaking of her I hope she stays dark for a longer period of time then just the mid season break like this show likes to do with all its Arcs.

I wish that too. IIRC the first two seasons (The first one for sure) didn't have this half a season = one arc thing. The first two seasons almost felt like one long plot. At least each season only consisted of one long plot. Personally I preferred that mode of storytelling. Just like with books. I like really long and continuous story lines.

#166 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 06 November 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

I'm not digging Jennifer's dark swan portrayal. I think understand why she is so reserved, so restrained, but find it boring.

Roberts DO was better true. Then again, topping Roberts DO would be a challenge, as he's one of my all time favorite TV characters.

#167 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:57 PM

I watched, was a little disengaged for a while. Then I realized who the new character was. This has potential.

#168 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

View PostBriar King, on 07 March 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

New Ep start now. Not sure if it's S5.5 or 6.

We watch on Netflix UK (airs the Wednesday after US) and its 5.5.

been quite a while since I watched and I didn't pay full attention to first half so may take some time to get my bearings lol
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#169 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:18 PM

And they are using the hair effect like CSI: Miami used sunglasses...

Just not digging this season. How are you going to even attempt at doing another redemption arc with Gold after the last episode. Unless you plan on completely cheating the audience with some 20/20 hindsight trickery. I my mind, at this point, Gold has to be a complete villain.

#170 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

I gave up on it early last season. Don't miss it.

#171 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:30 PM

Not sure why but I picked this up on netflix a few days ago.
have skipped reading any of the thread due to fear of spoilers, onto about ep 20 od season one.

Fun, and cleverer than I expected to be honest. I like how the story is on going but each episode gives us a mini backstory to each character that ties into the overal arc in a small way.

some stories/characterisations are better than others obviously.

Really enjoyed Grumpys and reds.
reds especially turned out to be superb physical casting, her smile just suits perfectly for the direction her character turns to. if that makes any sense.

#172 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

Seems I'm the only one here watching it. I'm even up to date. Was hoping they'd end it after season 6 as everything after season 3 has been pretty meh and season 6 basically served as an ending for the show already*, but I still found myself watching season 7 never more than a week behind schedule.

*SPOILER: Season 6 ended all the old storylines and gave nearly everyone a "happy ending". Season 7 is pretty much season 1 but 20 years later with somewhat different characters. It even starts with the same damn scene as season 1 except that this time it's Henry who's opening the door instead of Emma.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users