• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#641 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

Yah, it was explained on the Talking Dead after show that Carl was bitten in a previous episode and that not a lot of viewers picked up on it. That is why Carl was adamant that they follow his plan and why he was pressing Negan to kill him instead of Rick.

Damn, do you guys think I can find a big, cafeteria sized can of chocolate pudding on Amazon? I don't think my local grocery store carries it and I soooo want to pay my respect when Carl finally goes by eating it all and throwing it up in a chocolate haze of misery (my version of "pouring one out for the homies"). Any help is appreciated.

#642 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

The # of times people have an open shot at Negan and don't take it is flabbergasting. Dwight could have literally done it all season. The logic of "we're all Negan" so someone will just fill the vacuum is stupid.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#643 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

Yah. You know what I can't stand though? That damn whistling. I guess it had its novelty at first (and maybe was to evoke terror/dred that Negan and Surviors were in attack mode). But damn, get rid of it now, it's just friggan annoying.

And what was with the garbage pail kids? That whole segment in this mid season finale could have been tossed. It was absolutely unnecessary and pointless. I mean, we at least should have had a shot back at the dump where the dopey leader was sculpting Rick and was all like "you turn right now, shadow fall perfectly on penis, nice angle.... *oink *burp *fart"

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 11 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

#644 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

View Postworry, on 11 December 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Looks like the kid who plays him is going to

Spoiler

As far as I can tell, the bite happened when he and Siddiq killed some zombies "for your mother" in that previous episode.

Spoiler

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#645 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

Hmm, I thought that was one of the two big laughs of the episode. That one was intentional (Rick turns around to announce a new plan, the trash people are already outtie 5000). The other being Rick getting his gun back, being knocked out a window by Negan, and then there's a shot of him from inside the house through the window of him running away. Classic Rick.

#646 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

What's funniest about that, QT, is that Carl is in like 3 of the 8 episodes so far this season. He could have done like all his scenes in < a week.

#647 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

I know right? Rick HAD Lucille in his hands, standing over Negan. And he couldn't just bring the bat down one time to cave his head in. Instead, Negan hits him with a hotel desk bell? (I think?). So dumb.

#648 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

View Postworry, on 11 December 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

What's funniest about that, QT, is that Carl is in like 3 of the 8 episodes so far this season. He could have done like all his scenes in < a week.

This is typical Gimple from what I hear. He's an all or nothing type guy. He's like "Oh, we'd have to schedule some things to keep them? Fuck it, fire them. I can't be bothered."
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#649 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

They're gonna use Carl as a boobytrap!!!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#650 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

Now I'm wondering if he will still wear the hat.....
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#651 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:48 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 11 December 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

They're gonna use Carl as a boobytrap!!!

Yeah, I'm guessing it's going to be Sasha version 2.0. It will no doubt will fail like Sash's plan failed.

On another topic. Do any of you guys know if Jerry is alright? I think that was left secret. Oh and don't even get me started on Oceanside.

#652 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

I dunno how it'll play out. But I do think it explains the timeline stuff from the premiere. "Present" Rick was thinking of the future family he'll never have because the past (ie this entire season is in flashback) makes it impossible. Carl died. That's why he was crying or praying or whatever.

Even that might be too ambitious, since every other setup thing they've done -- Enid being a double-agent, the Morse code poster, Maggie's fake grave being a hidden cache -- have all turned out to be cases of the audience being better writers than the show's actual staff.

#653 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Rejoice haters! The handsome, sexy, genius, and all around great guy, Scott Gimple is out as TWD show-runner beginning season 9. That sexy boy got a well deserved promotion to 'Chief Content Officer' for the whole Walking Dead universe. Angela Kang has been promoted to show-runner of The Walking Dead (beginning s9).

Get ready for Walking Dead merch and spinoffs that have Gimple's delicious taint on them. Yummy! Moar please!

#654 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Damn, this returns tonight. I did not know that until I was channel surfing and saw AMC was doing a WD marathon. They usually do one of those before a new season (or return from mid-season break), so I checked the Sunday night programming and lo and behold, a new episode followed by Talking Dead.

I'm a little angry at you guys though. None of you offered any help on where I can purchase a large can of chocolate pudding to properly morn Carl's imminent passing. At least one of you guys have had to of worked at a military barracks or hospital or large school or prison in a food service job.

#655 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:53 AM

Aw, that was a tender moment, when Carl passed on his sheriff's hat to Judith. From Father to son, and now to sister. Think she'll do it justice?

Uh, so that reoccurring vision of older gray Rick was Carl's imagining of how things could be? If Rick would just put down his weapons and go back to farmer Rick from the prison, harmony will eventually win out and they all (including Negan) will be a community together. Yeah right.

#656 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

Spoiler

#657 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Carol and Morgan rolling through the Kingdom on a rescue mission was fun.

Looking forward to seeing if there are any changes to Rick now that Carl is gone. Some of those scenes seemed to be the writers telling us how it's going to be going forward, less "Hasta la vista, baby" and more "man's inhumanity to man."
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#658 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

Based on the preview for next week it looks like Authentic Coke Negan and Negan Jr. bang heads a little bit (could things be unraveling within the Saviors?). From what I could tell from the preview, Negan Jr. is pissed and wants to destroy all Rick's side has left (Hilltop), but Authentic Coke Negan isn't hearing any of it and wants them to keep producing cucumbers for delicious pickles.

#659 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Request Negan Jr. be relabeled as Trevor Negan.

Posted Image
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#660 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

Have they left the farm yet?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +